Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091613 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:26 am »

Currently however they play exactly like Christians which is kind of silly.
Which is why it's not enabled by default.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2012, 03:07:55 am »

Dynasty's are almost impossible to marry matriarchal.
Especially if they stand to inherit titles.
Try looking for some title less nobles. Or perhaps even a commoner.

Or bastards with titles. I've managed to snatch titles away from dynasties that way, whenever a bastard somehow inherits a title. They can ONLY take matrilineal marriages.

Huh, so courtiers with no titles are open to matriarchal marriage?  Sweet, all I need is a male heir.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:46 am »

If they're going to inherit something then there's a large "too high in the line of succession" penalty for matrelineal marriages, and if the woman isn't closely related to someone with a title there's also a "not important enough" penalty.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:43 am »

Also, if they have high skills their liege won't want to let them leave his court either.
Love, scriver~

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #634 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:43 am »

Again, that's not true for bastard characters. If you can find a bastard with a title, they'll accept a matrilineal marriage regardless of their normal unwillingness to do so (customs of the time forced them to do such, evidently).

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 20, 2012, 08:12:24 pm »

Oh great..

So i've been playing as muslim sicily for some bit now.. managed to fight off the HRE in a very lucky way.. 3 holy orders and some mercs + my levies.

But anyway.. the HRE took france, and half of england, how am i going to stop the grey blob before it takes over all of europe? e.e

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »

I just had a character born named Aed MacAed.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 20, 2012, 09:28:08 pm »

Name all his children Aed, too.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #638 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:59 pm »

Oh great..

So i've been playing as muslim sicily for some bit now.. managed to fight off the HRE in a very lucky way.. 3 holy orders and some mercs + my levies.

But anyway.. the HRE took france, and half of england, how am i going to stop the grey blob before it takes over all of europe? e.e

Ouch. I got pretty lucky with my match against the HRE. I suspect if I wouldn't have razed their border provinces into nonexistence so quickly they would have curbstomped me...

My emperor has sunk to new lows, though. If my caliph who murdered his grandson for the caliphate wasn't bad enough, my current character (another of his grandsons) had a clubfooted hunchback dwarf for a son. Poor kid. Anyway, the kid actually grew up with decent stats, and I had him betrothed to an Abyssinian princess to produce grandchildren for me. More kids in the dynasty is never a bad thing. Unfortunately for him, a couple of things happened simultaneously. First, I murdered his mother because she was getting too old and annoying me with plots. I then got the 'blabblah was the best of wives' event, so naturally I picked the choice which gives you the 'Lustful' trait. Almost instantly, my son's wife took a fancy to me, and because of my Lustful trait I had to bed her. I did NOT want to have to legitimize a bastard and take the negative penalty to relations with my other sons, so instead, I killed my son and immediately married his wife.

So, to sum that up quickly... I murdered my sixteen year old hunchbacked clubfooted dwarf son within months of his marriage and then stole his wife from him.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

How do you land your navy ( with a loaded army ) onto enemy ports?   I can't seem to do it, works fine for my ports though. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:54 pm »

You can't land navies where you don't control a holding.  You have to order your army to move from the stationary navy to the land.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 21, 2012, 06:20:06 am »

Yeah that's kind of a problem when you're fricking Ireland.

How the hell am I supposed to conquer something if I can't get my army over there to conquer it? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 21, 2012, 06:23:43 am »

You have to click on the army with the boat selected and order them to move onto the land manually.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 21, 2012, 06:25:26 am »

You have to click on the army with the boat selected and order them to move onto the land manually.

???

Huh?  I just click on the port, should I click on the land mass?  Or control the army inside the ship, then click on the landmass. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 21, 2012, 06:46:18 am »

Select the army inside the ship, then press the landmass.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1002