Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093242 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5820 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:04 am »

He's too busy being a Caliph? :-\
Or did you mean why they let you do it in general?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: August 07, 2014, 10:38:06 am »

I really wish reformed pagans could convert other pagans. Zoroastrians can, but not pagans. It's a bit silly.
I found an old thread with a simple modification for it.  Maybe it still works?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?691372-Can-reformed-pagans-send-missionaries/page3&s=12465c78b740affb8595f50ed37e9314

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: August 08, 2014, 06:58:08 am »

Please explain to me how this makes any sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like some event is chosing a target that it probably shouldn't.  Sorta like the spymaster reporting in that he caught himself plotting against you.

Also tag that as NSFW.  Not everyone wants to see that kind of (border) gore.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: August 08, 2014, 07:05:27 am »

Was that a shattered mod mode?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: August 09, 2014, 11:21:36 am »

how am I supposed to deal with hordes?

I started as that zoroastrian duke, worked my way up to owning a large chunck of the region... and then Seljuks. 50k soldiers who suffered nearly no attrition.

Over the course of 2 lost wars in which they took a sizeable chunck of land, I manage to destroy their event troops, so I decide to attack and... 30k new event troops. half of them being horse archers. And they never split the stack. Is there anything else I can do, besides maybe fleeing into russia or india and hoping they pick a fight with Abbasids?

( Can muster, together with mercenaries, 25000 soldiers, 5000 of which horse archers. they are enough to inflict 2000-3000 casualties while defending on a mountain)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: August 09, 2014, 11:47:12 am »

Find a big river. Camp behind it. Put your best generals in your army with the best traits for the job. If your force is smaller than the enemy's they will come barreling at you.

Now pray.

You can also just circle around them and start capturing their lands. If you move fast, you can just negate any advantages they get when they capture yours.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: August 09, 2014, 11:51:59 am »

Pray very very hard. I had an empire crumble becasue of Islamic hordes, from a small guy no less, damn event spawned troops.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

And I was afraid I was just playing badly :P  makes me feel a bit better.

well, I'll keep trying and pray. Keep gathering enough gold until I can hire the whole list f mercenaries, things like that.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: August 09, 2014, 12:26:13 pm »

Haha its sometimes just RGN, like the damn invasion of my glorious Norse Spain, 100k+ of troops against my 50-60k or so.
Those numbers may even have been higer on both sides, but it was a while back.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: August 09, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »

Sometimes if you have enough land they will split the giant stack

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:49 pm »

I remember fighting the Ilkhanate as Khazaria by just sending all my troops on the side of the Caspian their event troops weren't and sieging more land than than they did (since they didn't split the stacks, they would only siege a couple provinces at a time). I won a couple defensive wars that way, then the Golden Horde showed up and in a glorious battle, 80000 Golden Horde soldier faced off 70000 Ilkhanate men, with something like 70000 dead Mongols at the end.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: August 09, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »

My first time against them was hilarious.

I had such a massive empire I thought I was ready. The hordes appeared and I fielded about 130,000 men to fight them. It.... didn't end well.

After that I did like Sheb did and just made dozens of tiny strikeforces to capture as many of their provinces as I could. Did that for about 20 years before I had enough troops to fight again. Even then I plunked all my troops behind a river and prayed. I remember leaving it at speed 1 while the battle was going on and seeing the fight live. It was so freaking intense.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: August 09, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

First time I fought the mongols it was pretty easy, but irrc they split their stacks. It was in 1.0 and I had conquered 3/4ths of the world before they showed up.

Later times didn't go so well, I remember I made like Sheb and Umiman to take out the Sejuks in my Zoroastrian game when ToG was first released.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: August 09, 2014, 05:23:28 pm »

Was that a shattered mod mode?

Yup. I'm trying to wreck Catholic moral authority and leave a really strong Caliphate to fight when I switch to a Cathar country, but the AI is hilariously bad at using the Caliphate and consistently manages to lose wars despite owning the entirety of the Arabian Empire, most of southern Italy including Rome, and having a retinue larger than the levies of pretty much everyone else.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: August 09, 2014, 05:30:29 pm »

Yeah, playing as a non-Muslim doesn't do credit to just how powerful the religion is.  You've got your conquest wars like the Norse, your Holy Wars like the Catholics, and the ability to invade a Kingdom for no reason, which is just yours.

Once a human player gets a good empire under their control they can just alternate HWs and Invasions and conquer the whole world.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1002