Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093233 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5805 on: August 04, 2014, 06:02:53 pm »

When I first started playing I watched a couple lets plays. Watching someone else play made it pretty easy to learn the game for me.
Thats actually what encouraged me to play this again.  There are some decent ones out there that really assume you know nothing.  Which is good if you dont know.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 04, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »

I've done it.  The mythical Kwisatz Haderach (strong AND genius) has been born! Soon the world shall tremble at the sound of his foot steps.  Muad'dib!  Muad'dib!  Muad'dib!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 04, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »

I tried to play it the first time and couldn't understand what to do. Then I read a lets play where someone took the only Orthodox Italian count and became Basilieus.

After that I knew how to play.

Also I watched those AWESOME live action CK2 ads on Youtube.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 04, 2014, 08:09:54 pm »

What is it with Paradox and hilarious trailers? I bought that one game about boats just because of the trailer, and only played it once.  Granted I think that one overlapped with the whole "steam sale 3 dollar game you never install" phenomenon...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 04, 2014, 08:15:58 pm »

Le Sigh.  I haven't played the musies, indians, or the orthodox yet, but pagans expand waaay too quickly.  so many weak tribes, waiting to be eaten.

So what is the hardest area, category, county, w.e. to play?  I have EU, so I was hoping to make my journey into awesome last 600 years, and possibly port it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 04, 2014, 08:20:20 pm »

Jews, Zoarastrians or West Africans are the go-to hard guys, because they have so little presence on the map that you have to fight your way from minor to powerhouse with no support.  Well, "support" in the sense that other religions provide support to their members, which is to say being easy to overtake (through marriage or subjugation), not having a HW CB, and defending against the same.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 04, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »

I went from a tiny count in italy to an emperor owning half the world and ported it to EUIV...very satisfying starting from the earliest date and doing that

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:08 pm »

Jews, Zoarastrians or West Africans are the go-to hard guys, because they have so little presence on the map that you have to fight your way from minor to powerhouse with no support.  Well, "support" in the sense that other religions provide support to their members, which is to say being easy to overtake (through marriage or subjugation), not having a HW CB, and defending against the same.

This works, but small realms in hostile areas can be very difficult even with a major religion. Something like the minor crusader states (especially if you don't swear to the ERE), Muslims in weird places, or Christians next to a lot of pagans can be good hard fun. One of my favorite areas used to be the christian dukes in de jure Hungary from the old gods start, though I've heard they got around the nerfing the Magyars a lot so those might not be so bad anymore.

You could also do Socotra, which is an opm and Neostrain.

If your feeling particularly masochistic you could try your hand at the Sawdanids (867 south Italy Muslim minors) without using the Papacy exploit.

Of course, pretty much anyplace is going to get easy by the time you finish 600 years.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 04, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »

I'm currently trying a game as Hurufi (A shia heresy, since Shia has so few provinces) Norman in Sicily.

The HRE formed within 10 years.

Okay yeah that's butts. I would have continued but the Byzies keep declaring Holy War and when I surrender to them, everyone else gangs up on me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 05, 2014, 07:44:29 pm »

This game is obtuse.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 05, 2014, 07:49:10 pm »

though I've heard they got around the nerfing the Magyars a lot so those might not be so bad anymore.

Shortly after writing this I start up a new game as one of the Slavic counts near Kiev, and Hungary reforms Tengri within 10 years. Figures.

Luckily they aren't *that* blobbed, they just somehow managed to snake all around the Black Sea to the steppes.

This game is obtuse.

Welcome to Paradox grand strategy.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 05, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »

This game is obtuse.

Wait til you play Hearts of Iron.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 05, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »

Honestly, CKII is probably the most straightforward of the Paradox games, with EUIV being slightly more complicated, Vicky II having a really complicated economy (with, as of the last time I played, borked AI) and HoI3 having a tricky production/warfare system.

Anyhow, if you want a challenge, in no particular order, try the Canaries (No mercs, weak religion, one holding, no targets!), the Sawdanids (Only Muslim in Italy, have fun fighting all of the Karlings at once!), the Zoroastrian vassal in Persia (All of the disadvantages of the other Zoroastrian minors but with no event troops!) or Eric the Heathen in the 1066 start (Get your shit revoked by the king when the game starts, fight Sweden + Denmark right off the bat!)
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 06, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

I really wish reformed pagans could convert other pagans. Zoroastrians can, but not pagans. It's a bit silly.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:14 am »

Please explain to me how this makes any sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1002