Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091703 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #570 on: March 03, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

Okay, so one of my vassal's heirs currently works for Scotland so when he dies (and he is ooooold) I'm going to lose my claim to the title King of Ireland. And, if I assassinate him, the guy's brother, also a Scottish pawn, will become the heir instead. And I don't have the money to pull two assassintions that have a low chance of succeeding anyway.

My normal approach is useless here.
Now, I know this may sound crazy, but you could always cut your losses and simply fold.

That is pretty crazy. I don't think there's even a button for that.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #571 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:22 pm »

Can you arrange a matrilineal marriage between one of your relatives and either of the two heirs before they get the claim?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 03, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »

Unfortunately not. 'Not important enough' which I guess is fair. Their leige is actually a king. Anyway, I might actually strip the title then. I need the cash anyway.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 03, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »

Yep. I had four stacks of roughly 20,000 troops apiece. I was thinking that with any luck whatsoever, I would have been able to take out at least half of the khan's army through strategic maneuvring. So much for that. The entire kingdom just turned over all at once before my troops even got to the front lines.
You were probably forced to accept peace due to -100% warscore. Haven't had the same problem. Managed to hurt the Il-khanate with a failed offensive war successfully. Got lucky with one of my vassals waging a holy war against the target of the Golden Horde's first invasion. They started out with only 3 baronies, with the city and bishopric in the provinces controlled by my vassal. Several wars later, where for the most part I was significantly outnumbered, I finally managed to destroy their last army and promptly annexed their last holding. I hopefully assume that this means they're forever destroyed.
I recently noticed that Hungary, which had been making strides in bringing catholicism to the Rus, became a vassal of the Byzantine Empire through some war. There's now a massive bloc of orthodoxy thanks to the Byzantines, Russians, and myself (Georgia).
How do you become a vassal of an emperor when you're a king? I see no option. My original plan with this game was to become German, which I did, and become the Byzantine Emperor in order to convert as much of the map to German culture as possible.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 04, 2012, 03:41:28 am »

You have to be part of the Empire's de jure territory so you can Swear Fealty. Or just conquer the damn thing, if that's possible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 05, 2012, 10:36:20 am »

So just made myself king of Ireland after claiming all those weakass duchies around.

Now what? :P
Maybe I'll invade England.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:27 am »

Sometimes I really don't get the AI's logic for rebellions. If you support this guy for the throne and fight a long and bloody civil war to get him there, risking Mongol conquest, why on Earth do you then instantly rebel against him?

It's almost always the same guys, too. I'm beginning to suspect they're just professional trolls.

And oh god I want a 'join plot' or 'support plot' option now! Or a way to join all these rebellions, I don't get why I'm never invited. The Called-to-Arms icon is buggy as well sometimes, it disappears when I try to click it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 05, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

Maybe they supported you because you seemed weaker, so it'd be easier to rebel against you instead of the current king.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:46 am »

I've been sitting on the sidelines of all these civil wars (I can't seem to start a rebellion others can also join like the AI does), but sure, why not. Their new rebellion against the new emperor led to the Golden Horde eating up all the rebels and conquering a fourth of the Empire without even touching the Emperor himself, so good going there. I don't get why they didn't just peace out to the emperor when the Mongols came, the AI does that everytime I try the same.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »

Here is my Ireland:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next stop: Holy Roman Empire! :P

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 06, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »

Here is my Ireland:

Lmao.
My Ireland is only Ireland.
I'm not really certain how I should take over England and Scotland.
Ireland itself wasn't that hard by making fake claims and usurping/creating other claims.

What do I have to do to start a war for England/Scotland?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:48 pm »

Grab an Invasion cassus belli for Scotland, eradicate the scottish nobles. Grab wales, and maybe Brittany. Then wait for an english civil war, Invasion CB them, and use mercs. That SHOULD do it. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 06, 2012, 06:20:47 pm »

Here is my Ireland:

Lmao.
My Ireland is only Ireland.
I'm not really certain how I should take over England and Scotland.
Ireland itself wasn't that hard by making fake claims and usurping/creating other claims.

What do I have to do to start a war for England/Scotland?

1. Get enough money to buy all the mercenaries
2. Make sure your king is young. If you take England or Scotland and your king dies, you'll new king will have lots of trouble.
3. Keep a high relationship with the Pope
4. Ask him to let you invade anthing you want

ninja'd

Oh and, if you are thinking about invading France. Wait for a civil war first. Get the title of King of France and start vassalizing duchies and counts. Most of them will accept your vassalisation demand.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:22:43 pm by Leatra »

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:45 am »

What port do I have to open in order to host a MP game?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:10 am »

So, patch .04 is about to come out today, or so I heard, and according to this list of contents one of the changes is this:

- Religion groups are now marked playable in the religion file (no more hard coded rule)

So rejoice, all people who wanted that, now it looks like modders will be able to make pagan and Muslim mods without having to resort to work-arounds.

Other (hopefully) great thing:

- AI: Improved marriage acceptance. Smarter about "Desires Better Alliance". Values prestige gain or loss higher.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1002