Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093871 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5580 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07:03 am »

I would love a really deep and complex mod adding dragons to CK2. Nothing else, just dragons. Sort of like the "Dragons of her majesty" series, although those books are set in late EU4 time period rather than CK2.
They could have lairs, aka titular titles bound to a county, and raid and pillage stuff to hoard money, so adventurers could have SOMETHING to do rather than raise absurd amount of levies to overtake kingdoms.
Dragons could work like republics, actually.  Lands off the map, set up enclaves, turn those into counties, horde lots of gold.  More I think about it, more I realize Republics ARE Dragons!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:15 am »

The AGOT mod has dragons as characters now.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: June 14, 2014, 11:21:48 am »

I would take you up on that, but it's an ironman save.  From what I'm reading, they can't be loaded on other computers  :'(
This is why I strongly recommend never playing Ironman ever. Paradox games are in constant development and prone to bugs, such as the game not checking that you don't have troops in the province it decides as the adventurer's "base". Being able to use console commands is essential to actually enjoy a paradox game pretty often.
My problem with that advice is that console commands are the slipperiest of slippery slopes, and it takes about five seconds for me to go from "I'll just use the kill command on BS adventurer and be done with this" to "EVERYONE PHEAR MAH NINE BILLION ELEPHANTS!"

Basically without Ironman I'm too much of a cheaty bastard to actually play the game and learn from the mistakes that are actually mine.

You too? I don't play Ironman, though, I simply don't open the console until the game is lost no matter what I do, excluding going nuts with loading a save and playing as my adversary making him do incredibly stupid crap like jailing everyone.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: June 14, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »

I don't even know how to open the console...

I had an adventurer in my game today, but he had the BRILLIANT idea to press a claim on a scottish jarldom, starting in northwestern greece. Brilliant.
He split his troops in three stacks of 10k too, so I was able to swat them separatly. Well two of them actually, since the war ended inconclusively before I could reach the last. Apparently he held a single county and a ducal title in the ERE, and it was revoked, causing the war to end abruptly. Wat.

In other news, ireland invaded frisia, I vassalized normandy (and half of norway), and my leper sweden king grandson is stuck with an inherited revolt from when I pressed his claim (he also tried to marry his aunt).

Also I accidentally imprisonned my heir while pressing his son claim on sweden. Turns out when the old swedish king died, his second wife got landed there and brought him with her. Also their son was ALSO landed there, and now he ALSO have a county around denmark. Of course I freed him immediatly.

My empress is 55 now. Although the succession is secure, it'll be the first time I switch characters in over half a century. I'll miss the +44 long reign bonus. The maluses for changing succession and authority laws not so much.
I may rename brittania after her, because god damn she is an amazing character.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:12:54 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: June 16, 2014, 07:43:35 am »

So does anyone who plays Elder Kings know how you can appoint "minor titles" yourself? All I seem able to do is "autoassign" them, and it never does the ones I need, specifically Spy which in this mod is REQUIRED TO DO FUCKING ANYTHING WITH INTRIGUE WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!

The tooltip for autoassign mentions something about "assigning them the vanilla way" but those titles don't EXIST in vanilla, all I can assign "the vanilla way" is "Honours" which does jack shit for dick.

Did they seriously mod in an unattainable courtier that disables 90% of what CK2 is about?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: June 16, 2014, 07:54:35 am »

I assume you've tried the character menu? In Vanilla there is an Award Honorary Title or some such button that sounds like it might be what you are referring to.

I haven't tried the mod myself.

If it's an actual title you and it's not available in the list of stuff you can give a courtier you could try searching for the title; I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:57:32 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:21 am »

Yeah, also played Elder Kings, it's not there.

Autoassign is pretty much the only way, but it gives it to the person with the best stats, so I'm not complaining.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:46 am »

Autoassign is pretty much the only way, but it gives it to the person with the best stats, so I'm not complaining.

That certainly wouldn't be a problem if it actually gave out all the damn titles. Instead I'm stuck without a Spy, along with dozens of other titles that give bonuses, because they forgot to put a manual control in. So all intrigue actions beyond paying the Dark Brotherhood for an assassination (which costs over 1000 gold mind you, in a mod that REDUCES the income from base CK2) are out and thus I can't say...steal that sexy artifact my spymaster has.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: June 16, 2014, 10:05:49 am »

That certainly wouldn't be a problem if it actually gave out all the damn titles. Instead I'm stuck without a Spy, along with dozens of other titles that give bonuses, because they forgot to put a manual control in. So all intrigue actions beyond paying the Dark Brotherhood for an assassination (which costs over 1000 gold mind you, in a mod that REDUCES the income from base CK2) are out and thus I can't say...steal that sexy artifact my spymaster has.

Spies can definitely be assigned manually - hell, they actually MUST be assigned manually.

You need a courtier who has the necessary stat (and, maybe, profession, not sure) high enough (check one option in the Employment Screen for a list), then go to minor titles - boom, you can grant a minor title. For Spies, I keep Hiring a Spy until I get one with sufficient skill, then click on him and grant him the title of Royal Spy, and there you have it.

Actually, there is a minor issue - you actually cannot kidnap people with a spy, unlike the description says.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: June 16, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

I believe most the titles require certain minimum stats and the like so you cant just hand them out to anyone

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:33 am »

Do people here play the AGOT mod?

I really want to like it, but whenever I play I just end up waiting forever for my levies to replenish. That or I'm just thinking about all the features I'm missing out on because most of them are incredibly obscure and the mod never seems to tell you about them :|

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: June 16, 2014, 12:04:33 pm »

I believe most the titles require certain minimum stats and the like so you cant just hand them out to anyone

With spies, they require a spy themed job.  Pretty much the only way I've ever gotten them was with the hire spy menu.

Anyway, the reason some of you are confused is because they renamed "grant honorary title" to "make decision", because some of the honorary titles are not actually titles (for example you can honor them in front of the court).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: June 16, 2014, 12:08:28 pm »

I had a Norwegian Zoroastrian adventurer take over Cyprus. I had managed to convert Norway, but then skotland reqounquered it. Also a Norse Sunni in galilee, and some how Mali managed to de-convert from Sunni.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: June 16, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »

Anbody has any experience with the Game of Thrones mod?
Is it any good?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: June 16, 2014, 01:11:30 pm »

Only through reading AARs, but it look amazing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1002