Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091756 times)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2012, 06:34:55 pm »

Well, I've had a pretty awesome run so far. I started out as the Count of Kakheti in 1066. Spent most of the early game avoiding conflict with Azerbaijan and the Seljuks.

After I had taken several nearby provinces, I usurped the title of King of Georgia. Byzantium swallowed up most of the rest of the original Georgian lands, while I expanded south and east. I never did exceptionally well in CK1, but this has been a crazily good game so far. Due to very careful breeding I've also got a cadre of superhumans doing most of my governing for me.

The current year is 1205. Here are before/after shots of my game, the first in 1066:

Spoiler: Before, 1066 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After, 1205 (click to show/hide)

I'm two counties away from being able to found the kingdom of Khazaria, but getting them will probably mean taking on Rostov. That in itself isn't too much of a challenge, but I'm trying to wait for a more ideal situation, since placing too much of my mobile power in the north could potentially open me up to easy invasion from the Byzantine Empire, whose rulers have never been very fond of me (I have a habit of usurping titles from them). Eastern Europe has been a complete clusterf*** for most of the game, and I was able to snatch up vast swathes of land to the north of my territories when the Cumans collapsed in a civil war.

IIRC, I have a little less than a couple of decades left until the Golden Horde arrives. I may end up invading south rather than west, since it should be pretty easy to mop up the remainders of the Seljuk sultanate. Qarakhnid also left several rebellious enclaves behind when they lost their emirate to the Seljuks, which has conveniently opened up another set of small sheikdoms for the taking.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:38:04 pm by Lord Dullard »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2012, 06:36:49 pm »

>1205
I think you're going to be in for a big surprise soon enough. Better start gearing up for heavy war.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:42 pm »

I was just about to ask if he encountered his first invasion... there are at least 3 as I recall.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:25 pm »

Patrum Scuta

Promoting my own mod.

It's good, download it.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:18 am »

Patrum Scuta

Promoting my own mod.

It's good, download it.

Need more details..

What does it do?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:55 am »

Patrum Scuta

Promoting my own mod.

It's good, download it.

Need more details..

What does it do?

That's what the link to the official CKII modding forum is sort of for.

It makes the random coats of arms worth looking at.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2012, 06:11:50 am »

It's awesome in the sense that it doesn't hurt innocent customers.  So complaining about it shows that you are most certainly a pirate.

Oh the logic which fails. :D Complaining? I was only trying to point out, that it won't help to stop pirating the game.at.all. Not a single pirate will buy the game, just because they don't see the modding forum. you got the picture, don't you? Facts  = complaining? Oh and just FYI - I actually bought the game on an Australian trader site, which sells it at ~half price. So my game is registered. I do not consider this method anything like "pirating games". I always buy my game codes online, it's much cheaper. Why should I pay $50 for a valid copy/DD version if I can buy it for $25?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:14:44 am by gimli »

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 02, 2012, 07:41:24 am »

Oh the logic which fails. :D Complaining? I was only trying to point out, that it won't help to stop pirating the game.at.all. Not a single pirate will buy the game, just because they don't see the modding forum.
So pirates still wont buy the game, but now Paradox doesn't have to spend time fixing the pirates' games. And not being able to use the modding forum was definitely something I took into consideration when I bought EU3 and HoI3 after pirating them, so you're incorrect about not being able to see the modding forum not being an incentive to buy the game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:13 am »

Oh the logic which fails. :D Complaining? I was only trying to point out, that it won't help to stop pirating the game.at.all. Not a single pirate will buy the game, just because they don't see the modding forum.
So pirates still wont buy the game, but now Paradox doesn't have to spend time fixing the pirates' games. And not being able to use the modding forum was definitely something I took into consideration when I bought EU3 and HoI3 after pirating them, so you're incorrect about not being able to see the modding forum not being an incentive to buy the game.
I endorse this statement :)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:16 am »

And not being able to use the modding forum was definitely something I took into consideration when I bought EU3 and HoI3 after pirating them, so you're incorrect about not being able to see the modding forum not being an incentive to buy the game.

Hm....ok maybe I was wrong.  :P

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2012, 08:45:37 am »

Same for me, seems silly to pirate a game that gives me this much enjoyment.

It's like asking a cook to only make you one plate of your favourite food and then firing him after confirming that it tastes great.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:49 am »

It's like asking a cook to only make you one plate of your favourite food and then firing him after confirming that it tastes great.

Arbitrary and I can do what I want!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:53 am »

And not being able to use the modding forum was definitely something I took into consideration when I bought EU3 and HoI3 after pirating them, so you're incorrect about not being able to see the modding forum not being an incentive to buy the game.

The most important thing is not that it inconveniences the pirates, but that it keeps pirates from inconvienencing customers. By disallowing pirates access to mod and tech support, paying customers get to the front of the line faster, so to speak.

EDIT: Nearly forgot, my current CK2 game  :P

Currently have a dynasty member on three thrones in Europe, and yet I'm still a count of a backwater Scottish province. Started as Buchan, and still am there. Aint life a bitch.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

Paradox games are always made better by the modding...  Though, I suppose some players out there would be satisfied with vanilla...  others like me want more out of it.  Especially when you know there is a thriving mod community supporting it...

(Heck, Bethseda and the Total War Franchise could probably drop ALL DRM and do something similar....   Entice modders to put all their mods on the official nexus and only there.... or at least give epic upload/download support for mods.  Only give access to the construction kit to those who register the game.  Only give access to the mod downloads for those who register the game.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2012, 11:13:57 am »

I don't think that would work for any game company besides paradox.  I can't think of any other game where the modding ability is so great and the community so active.  Also Paradox can make it work because they are so small.  There's no way that Activision could force modders to stick to it's forums.  But for Paradox modders prefer to stick to it's forums because the games smaller market means that the forums are far and away the best meeting place for modders.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1002