Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091430 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4875 on: January 21, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »

I literally can not form the Kingdom of Poland as the legendary High Chief Piast, and then make the kingdom live longer than 50 years. It's always:
- a shitty ruler
- a ruler with non-slavic religion
- an independence faction
- Novogrod declaring war over me along with the Kingdom of Lithuania

I'm just gonna play as Scots, thanks...

Have you ever tried mass assassinating all good rulers of Novgorod and Lithuania?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: January 21, 2014, 01:58:43 pm »

Obviously! Every nation bordering my short-lived kingdom has had at least one member of their dynasty murdered, with one dynasty wiped out completely because they caused problems all the time.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:43 pm »

I've been wondering... what the hell is multiplayer CK 2 even like?  Is everyone randomly dying all the time from murder?  Do you need special rules to keep the humans from targeting each other?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: January 21, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »

I've been wondering... what the hell is multiplayer CK 2 even like?  Is everyone randomly dying all the time from murder?  Do you need special rules to keep the humans from targeting each other?
There are often rules about it, yes. I still remember when Umiman instantly imprisoned and executed Scriptwolf.

The main problem is that there is no "hotjoining". You can't join an in-progress game. So if you get a game over, everyone needs to stop playing so you can get in again.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: January 21, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »

Having a plot to assassinate your son is usually wildly successful if they're still younger than 16.
You can't plot to assassinate your own children.
Sure you can.

The assassination costs a whole 450 gold with only a 12% chance, so that's no good.... Why the hell can't I plot to kill him???

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »

Having a plot to assassinate your son is usually wildly successful if they're still younger than 16.
You can't plot to assassinate your own children.
Sure you can.

The assassination costs a whole 450 gold with only a 12% chance, so that's no good.... Why the hell can't I plot to kill him???
As I believe it has been said before, it might be that your character likes the kid too much.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: January 21, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »

I've never been unable to bring my character to plot to kill somebody. I've never heard of the +75 relationship thing before- I found myself quite able to kill wives that I was at 100 relationship with. If it's not that, it may be that you have a plot going already?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:53 pm »

You sure you had 100 relations with them, and not that they had 100 relations with you? They're separate numbers.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: January 21, 2014, 09:59:03 pm »

I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the relationship thing. You can never plot to murder your kids. Just tested it, kid had -8 with me and I had -100 with the kid and couldn't plot. Other than that, you can always plot assuming you don't have an active plot.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:05 pm »

You sure you had 100 relations with them, and not that they had 100 relations with you? They're separate numbers.

Quite sure, yeah.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:10 pm »

Well, too late, my queen died (without warning so no execution for my heir), but it turns out that repeatedly imprisoning and murdering people is a good way to get that plot to end your life going full force :)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:44 pm »

Could it be when they are children? Or did they patch it out maybe? I remember I killed a few through my Germany campaign
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: January 22, 2014, 12:26:22 pm »

*sigh* Sometimes the game just trolls you.

Finally got the Ruler Designer and played around with it. For kicks I made a Queen for Holmgardr to see what happens in situations like that. Started out fine, I still have Rurik and his folk, but they're just on my Court rather than in charge. Cool, maybe I can keep Holmgardr Norse instead of Slavic!

Marry a Courtier with decent stats, since finding someone decent who will marry you Matrilineally is pretty much not going to happen that early on. I start a war to Subdue Lithuania and start squashing whoever it is that owns those lands, take care of some upgrades in my captial, marry off some courtiers, that sort of thing.

Queen gets pregnant not too long after, yay!

Queen has a son, yay!

Queen dies of pneumonia related to childbirth shortly after. Ok, RNG, that's a bit harsh. But, ok, I've got a son to continue the line. Let's see where this goes...

Son (now character) promptly gains the Lunatic trait. Gaaaaaame.  >:(

(Also, he then decided his Cupbearer was trying to kill him and had him dismissed. Which makes sense for Lunatic, but the kid isn't even 1 yet! Game needs some age checks for some of these events!)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:07 pm »

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Plot tells me that you aren't allowed to kill your children any more. :( Possibly due to balance issues.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 22, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

A new setting? That could be interesting.

I wonder if by setting they mean some kind of fantasy world. I'd honestly be disappointed if it turned out to be Game of Thrones since the mod that is out there already has been worked on so much. Or maybe it would be from one of their own IPs like CKII: Ardania. Though Ardania is pretty bland as far as fantasy settings go.

Or maybe setting implies a new geographical locations to the east. Which could be fun, but it would be hard to do right. It would be a bit strange having vikings pillaging Asia. :P
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1002