Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091878 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:46 am »

Not to mention having no monthly cost when you're defending against heathens.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »

I find it's quite odd that I giggle like a little girl, reading this sociopathic thread /nods in mirror
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »

This game is pretty awesome.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:51 am »

Wow, if you get some trouble getting good relation with vassals, try to send everyone crusading for a while. All army leader have a good chance of getting the crusader trait, which is nice, but the real benefit is that crusaders ave a +30 relation bonus toward each other.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:36 am »

Wow, if you get some trouble getting good relation with vassals, try to send everyone crusading for a while. All army leader have a good chance of getting the crusader trait, which is nice, but the real benefit is that crusaders ave a +30 relation bonus toward each other.

I just put them in jail and kill. Why bother with crusades.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2012, 10:54:43 am »

Well through both ineptitude and Nepotism (assigned every vassal as a family member) I have been thrown out of Brittany, and now am a OPM in Iberia, serving under the local Sultan. Also this branch of my family has become Muslim, im both culture and ethnicity. So umm... Yea that didn't go well.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

So I'm playing as Empress of the Roman empire, who's realm goes extends from the Caspian Sea to the pillars of Hercules containing one third of Christiandom.  But the daughters of the Kaiser of Germany and the King of France are both too good for my son.  They want a better alliance.  "Heir to the largest empire in the known world?  Come back when you are somebody of significance."

What does it take with these people?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 26, 2012, 02:02:25 pm »

It's pretty odd, yeah. I tend to go for the children of the heirs instead, much more likely to accept. Or if you just want an alliance, siblings and such are easier.

In other news, I got a Doukas (my dynasty - not the Byzzie emperor's direct line, though) on the thrones of Hungary (through marriage - the entire country collapsed the moment he took over, but he's doing better now) and Georgia (through military force - the previous king, now a duke, fought a successful war to lower crown authority on him, unsurprisingly, but we'll see how it goes). Yay! I won't rest till all of Europe is covered in that nice Doukas green.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:14 pm »

I started with a two character dynasty (Tornikes, count of Tortosa at the start) and one of those died young.  I've turned them into rulers of the known world but there are still only 6 people in this dynasty.  The non child members of the dynasty are:

-Empress Regent of the Byzantine Empire
-Queen Regent of Africa
-Steward and Heir of the Byzantine Empire
-The soon-to-be King of Portugal and Chaplin of the Empire

So yeah, we know how to take after our own but we seriously need to start a breeding program to keep from dying out.  Four assassinations and we'd be gone.

The only member of my dynasties who was ever any good at producing heirs was married out of the dynasty right before we hit it big.  She has like 60 grandchildren now.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2012, 03:37:38 pm »

Have a game with the Halani, Duchy of Alania. The first character's whole reign was building up and defending against Azerbaijan. Second character, more of the same. Third, even more but with rebelling vassals. Fourth? Heir to the Roman Empire and several duchies. I wasn't even trying. Shame that he has crappy states though.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2012, 03:39:19 pm »

So I'm playing as Empress of the Roman empire, who's realm goes extends from the Caspian Sea to the pillars of Hercules containing one third of Christiandom.  But the daughters of the Kaiser of Germany and the King of France are both too good for my son.  They want a better alliance.  "Heir to the largest empire in the known world?  Come back when you are somebody of significance."

What does it take with these people?

Is your son a bastard/are you a bastard? I think that's what causes the "desires a better alliance" thing.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 26, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »

Not a bastard.  And I've seen this with a lot of high ranking characters.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 26, 2012, 04:57:54 pm »

So, as Navarra, I fight a very long war together with the Duchess of Burgundy and Normandy (a bunch of other duchys were also in on it) for the throne of France. Her consort and children were of my dynasty, and I was really looking forward to eventually having a Jimenez ruling France. And this was a really, really long war. It must've been at least a decade, maybe 15 years, during which I fought several other wars (against Beja-Algarve, Leon, Duke of Galicia, and a Christian Badajoz - these wars are worthy of a post of their own, by the way, they were awesome - and a crusade against Barcelona) and even spent some time just restoring my troops, and (still during the Burgundy-France war) the Duchess own son overthrew her and left her as just Duchess of Normandy. Then, after all these years and probably several dozen thousand of human lives, we finally beat back the Big Blue Blob enough to make them give in, and all is well; the Duchess is almost middle age and soon her son and my nephew will inherit the throne.

...Or so I thought. I go to war against Mallorca, and when I look back to France, all hell had broken loose, the Duchess had been excommunicated, several counties proclaimed independence, Leon had for some reason decided to wage an excommunication-war, and the fucking Capets declared war to take back the throne from their one province of Mainz (in which several of the nobles, that previously fought with the Duchess against the Capets, had joined in against her). And she doesn't call me to arms, so except getting the Pope to lift the excommunication, there's nothing I can do except watch the result of all that work fall to pieces. Now the Capets are back on the throne and the French Jiminez line back to just ruling little insignificant Burgundy.

I love this game.
Love, scriver~

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 26, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

I told my vassal to abandon his plot to kill someone but while the message was travelling he switched ambitions to amass wealth.  So he sends back a message "I will eventually amass wealth.  You cannot stop me." 
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 26, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »

I told my vassal to abandon his plot to kill someone but while the message was travelling he switched ambitions to amass wealth.  So he sends back a message "I will eventually amass wealth.  You cannot stop me."

That made me giggle :P
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 1002