Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091694 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4710 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:54 pm »

The checksum can also be messed up if you start a game and then quit without exiting the game and try to do a multiplayer game. The best bet is both of you to just exit the game, make sure neither of you have any mods activated, and start it fresh without entering any games.
If you both quit the same multiplayer game you get the same altered checksum though.

I've always wondered, why does the checksum change when you exit a game to the main menu?
Illimunati.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: December 30, 2013, 06:37:40 pm »

The checksum can also be messed up if you start a game and then quit without exiting the game and try to do a multiplayer game. The best bet is both of you to just exit the game, make sure neither of you have any mods activated, and start it fresh without entering any games.
If you both quit the same multiplayer game you get the same altered checksum though.

I've always wondered, why does the checksum change when you exit a game to the main menu?

I would *assume* that when you enter a multiplayer game it gives all involved a special checksum for connection purposes or something...beyond that I can't really say.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: December 30, 2013, 06:46:13 pm »

I would *assume* that when you enter a multiplayer game it gives all involved a special checksum for connection purposes or something...beyond that I can't really say.

I swear I have it happen when I exit a single-player game as well, though perhaps that's only happening when returning to the main menu with a mod enabled... now I'm not sure.

Aliens. Must be aliens.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: December 30, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »

If I get this on Steam will I have problems with modding? Thinking of getting the collection on Steam, since it's on sale.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: December 30, 2013, 08:55:07 pm »

If you get it on steam, it's the only way you can get the save converter that allows you to carry it on to Europa Universalis 4. The metaserver for the game's multiplayer is also being put on steam (not there yet).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »

If you get it on steam, it's the only way you can get the save converter that allows you to carry it on to Europa Universalis 4. The metaserver for the game's multiplayer is also being put on steam (not there yet).
...so is buying CK2 on Steam a good thing or a bad thing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: December 30, 2013, 09:04:51 pm »

Good

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: December 30, 2013, 09:05:34 pm »

I bought it on steam, something I would normally never do, specifically so that I could get the save converter and use the metaserver and all the rest of it. There's also some restrictions in place against preventing people who own non steam versions to play with people who own the steam version.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: December 30, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »

The non-steam versions of CK2 are being phased out anyway.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: December 30, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »

I just found a native, naturally occurring Jewish "ruler" in my campaign (a patrician):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would marry into his glorious bloodline but I fear I would lose prestige. Seemingly he is fully Italian, no Ashkenazi or Sephardi blood at all. All his brothers were Catholic, his father too. I think he must have been educated by a Jewish courtier but I couldn't find someone like that in his own court. No clue how this happened but my god it's great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:58:10 am by Owlbread »

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: December 31, 2013, 09:49:09 am »

Does he have Jewish kids?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: December 31, 2013, 09:50:53 am »

Does he have Jewish kids?

Two Jewish sons and two Jewish daughters, the rest are Catholic. I think I get too excited about this sort of thing though.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:19 am »

Courtiers can convert others to their religion. I briefly had a Jewish Ilkhanate because of a similar situation.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: December 31, 2013, 01:30:27 pm »

I created a Khazar vassal theocratic duchy made up of all the old Jewish lands north of the Caucasus that still remained. The old Khanate had collapsed completely, the Jewish Turkic dynasty there converting to Tengriism.  In its place I've got a theocratic county led by a "Rabban Barjik II" with several counts who have sworn allegiance to him; all the remaining Khazar Jews that I was able to entice to join my own little Judea.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:52:25 pm by Owlbread »

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: December 31, 2013, 07:39:34 pm »

During a game where I was playing as the Salians in the old gods start, the Jews took over all tengri lands (except for Hungary which the byzantines converted to orthadox) and held their ground up until the seljuks decided to head north. Even then, though they lost a lot of land they managed to hold two kingdoms just to the west of the greatest extent of the seljuk nation. Only time I've ever seen the AI do well with the jews.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1002