Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091867 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4635 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:32 pm »

If you want to, on completion you can create interesting vassals and then release them, then convert it to EU4.

I was planning to do something like that in my last ironman game. Mostly so I didn't start EU4 as a giant blob. I thought the the end date was a year after it actually was. Game over ended up being a major facepalm moment because I couldn't go back and load an earlier save due to it being ironman. I was stuck exporting my giant Spanish blob.

To add insult to injury I didn't even get the achievement from playing until the end from 867.

I still loaded the game up in Eu4, but only long enough to ask myself why am I playing EU4 when I could be playing Crusader Kings.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:28 am »

Ok, so I'm now Queen of the Fairly Doomed Kingdom of Wessex.
REALLY glad I got that alliance with Asturias :P wouldn't have won without them, even with hiring two merc bands and attacking while king asshole was off fighting that one stack of 100 in Ireland XD

EDIT: HO-LEE FUCK, turns out one of my granddaughters is matrilineally married to the guy who is the heir to wait for it...West Francia AND The Byzantine Empire. OH MY GOD. And this isn't normal WF, no this is WF that ate Lotharingia AND Italy.
This is getting SOOOOO exploited. I have more then enough money to start spamming assassins, so I think that's what I'll do :3
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:52:13 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: December 18, 2013, 02:48:25 am »

Do any of you guys have any tips regarding multiplayer stability? I've finally managed to get my friend to be able to consistently connect to my game, but one of us always crashes after 10 minutes or so. :(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:06 am »

-snip-
Could it have been a Muslim Invasion CB that conquered the Kingdom?  It still should have resulted in everyone getting converted, because invasions come with a +75 temporary relationship buff, so I guess either the invading Sultan had terrible traits and they hated him, or maybe he invaded and then immediately died before he could demand everyone's conversion?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: December 18, 2013, 04:52:38 am »

-snip-
Could it have been a Muslim Invasion CB that conquered the Kingdom?  It still should have resulted in everyone getting converted, because invasions come with a +75 temporary relationship buff, so I guess either the invading Sultan had terrible traits and they hated him, or maybe he invaded and then immediately died before he could demand everyone's conversion?

Or maybe they got converted to Islam, but were converted back.  Most likely, one of the counties was Catholic, the county converted the priest who was set to conversion, who in turn converted everyone back to Catholicism.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: December 18, 2013, 11:07:17 am »

Levantine is a melting pot culture in CK2+. Were you playing that, Umi? Or another mod?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: December 18, 2013, 11:21:54 am »

I think lowering the starting event-levies for the Pagans in England would go a long way to fixing that issue.

The problem is that the mechanics don't favor a balance of power.  The more the norse conquer, the weaker the catholics get.  Rebels don't work with the catholics so they are basically a third faction.  There won't be balance between norse and catholic unless the norse conquer exactly the right number of counties while loosing exactly the right number of event troops.

I recently hired some mercenaries to handle a large rebel stack near Italy.  Only when the few survivors were retreating did I notice that they were *orthodox*, just like me.  They weren't from my lands at all, they were rebelling against some Sunnis I hadn't conquered yet.  Oops  :-X
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:31 am »

Levantine is a melting pot culture in CK2+. Were you playing that, Umi? Or another mod?
I don't use mods. But the wiki says it's in the base game, so it's likely a melting pot culture nontheless.

I took Ireland. I assassinated the wife of my half-brother as planned, but at the last minute they gave the throne to my super far removed male cousin so I couldn't press any claims. Thankfully, the heir I was going to use to press claims decided to declare a war to replace that other guy with some random Irish bloke. So Ireland split in twain with the succession civil war. I then used this time to invade the super far removed cousin's lands and force him to be my vassal if he was deposed. Once that was done, I joined the war of the original heir to replace him. Once that was done, I declared war on the new pressing the claim of my cousin I forcefully subjugated.

That was how I got Ireland.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: December 18, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »

I've seen Levantine culture quite often, though I can't remember if it was ever before I made the Kingdom of Jerusalem as Poland/Wendish Empire Catholics. I know for certain Levantine couriers are in the court afterwards though, because sometimes I marry them to dynastic kinsmen if they have +fertility traits.

I think some are even Sayyid, but not sure.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: December 19, 2013, 05:14:50 am »

EDIT: HO-LEE FUCK, turns out one of my granddaughters is matrilineally married to the guy who is the heir to wait for it...West Francia AND The Byzantine Empire. OH MY GOD. And this isn't normal WF, no this is WF that ate Lotharingia AND Italy.
This is getting SOOOOO exploited. I have more then enough money to start spamming assassins, so I think that's what I'll do :3
Good luck!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: December 19, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »

Did you know that mercenary companies now grow alongside you too. Every single one of the merc companies can field 20,000 men circa 1430. It's a good thing I'm so ludicriously rich. Have you ever seen a 500,000 man army before in this game? It costs 4,000g per month.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: December 19, 2013, 05:08:16 pm »

Levantine culture is there from the start.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11:07 pm »

Good luck!
Well turns out that...didn't go the way I hoped. For one thing the guy, while the son of both rulers, was only heir to Byzantine, I think for some reason WF had Seniority Succession....fuck if I know.

Anyway, none of that matters because both those empire-kingdoms goddamn IMPLODED shortly after my post. For quite awhile Europe from the upper edge of Spain to the west end of the eventual HRE and the tip of Italy was seemingly composed solely of petty duchies and counties.

Meanwhile Byzantium had a huge civil war that left it similarly broken (and apparently this was a war of succession, because the now-dead Empress had her eyes cut out and her heir-who-is-my-pawn came nowhere close to actually inheriting his birthright, and now there is some random dude on the throne) with only about half the Empire left, and the rest a slightly lighter pink :P

Now WF has returned and formed France, with about the same borders as France normally has, while Italy is now Lotharingia and Lotharingia is now Burgundy. And East Francia has about 5 counties to its name :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: December 20, 2013, 12:53:36 am »

That's why it's usually good to be ready to step in to guard your claimant's right to the throne. Especially one of the wrong religion. Sometimes you can't join their wars for... stupid reasons, but assassins sometimes help too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:52 am »

See if you can invite that guy to your court, or failing that just look for other claimants that will join you.

Failing that, there's nothing saying you can't find ways to remove rulers in Byzantine until the guy you want is on the throne. Assassins, plots, excommunication, general wars, etc. Though the empire is big enough that you'll have plenty more chances in the future so don't fret. It's also a pretty good idea to train all your "planned to be married off" children with lots of intrigue so they can steal other people's property.

It's generally better to wait until you yourself are of an empire level ruler, so you can actually just subjugate the entire land instead of replacing it with a family member.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1002