Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092764 times)

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4395 on: November 30, 2013, 08:25:28 am »

Dynasty prestige depends on how many peoples of that dynasty died holding titles (with a modifier depending on title, like x1 for barons and x40 for emperors, and I think only the highest title count for each person). Any character born from this dynasty receive a fraction of that.

Prestige and piety of the characters you play are added to the dynasty score upon their death, but it's more your score than the dynasty's in the way that characters from that dynasty that you don't play don't contribute to the score (while they do contribute to the dynasty's prestige if they die holding a title, regardless of their prestige).

Score don't contribute to nothing except ranking you against the arbitrary score of historic dynasties at the end of the game.

IIRC, should I add.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:27:10 am by casserol »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: November 30, 2013, 09:02:05 am »

So what do you folks do to keep the game interesting after the year 1100 when starting in 866? I'm playing ironman and I want to get the complete game achievement but I'm feeling uninspired and am running out of stuff to do. I purposely confined myself to Spain and North Africa because I didn't want to play the paint the map game. I thought the Aztecs would be fun with their massive army but the AI doesn't seem to handle boat travel with troops in a very strategic manner. Dumping their 10k stacks on the coast right beside my retinue army one at a time dwindled their 100k+ troops to nothing rather quickly.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: November 30, 2013, 09:09:40 am »

So what do you folks do to keep the game interesting after the year 1100 when starting in 866? I'm playing ironman and I want to get the complete game achievement but I'm feeling uninspired and am running out of stuff to do. I purposely confined myself to Spain and North Africa because I didn't want to play the paint the map game. I thought the Aztecs would be fun with their massive army but the AI doesn't seem to handle boat travel with troops in a very strategic manner. Dumping their 10k stacks on the coast right beside my retinue army one at a time dwindled their 100k+ troops to nothing rather quickly.

Change sucsession laws to elective,have a crappy heir.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: November 30, 2013, 10:04:46 am »

Become an absolute monarch. No nobles past Count level (bonus points for no nobles above Baron), max crown authority, taxes, levies...

E: Interesting oversight: a faction can blackmail you into changing succession to whatever they want, regardless of Crown Authority. I am playing as a king of Bohemia, Poland and Pomerania, and after a failed ploy to ensure all three are inherited by the same person my firstborn son got pissed off at me (-100), and formed a faction for Primogeniture Succession in Poland.

Since I was very much for that, I sent my levies and fleet far north then disbanded them, and once the faction issued an ultimatum I accepted. Boom, instant Primogeniture.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:13:16 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: November 30, 2013, 11:48:44 am »

Become an absolute monarch. No nobles past Count level (bonus points for no nobles above Baron), max crown authority, taxes, levies...

E: Interesting oversight: a faction can blackmail you into changing succession to whatever they want, regardless of Crown Authority. I am playing as a king of Bohemia, Poland and Pomerania, and after a failed ploy to ensure all three are inherited by the same person my firstborn son got pissed off at me (-100), and formed a faction for Primogeniture Succession in Poland.

Since I was very much for that, I sent my levies and fleet far north then disbanded them, and once the faction issued an ultimatum I accepted. Boom, instant Primogeniture.
True, but this isn't really all that exploitable. I mean you have to actually have a faction working towards the succession type you want, and then you have to have enough people/troops in that faction that they will dare to attack you.
I still like my patented "imprison everyone before you die" strategy, which if timed right (reason to love depression) can pretty much guarantee that no-one will dislike your heir.

Also, Mr. Wiles since you seem to be experienced with this, perhaps you could try changing culture/religion in the middle of the game?
Just have your heir trained by someone of appropriate foreignness/heresy and then get your current ruler offed. Then try and convert your entire empire to those things.
Bonus points if the heir still needs a regent when you die. (I ended up with a infant heir once and it was TERRIFYING. Every month the nanny would come in with a pillow. EVERY MONTH.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:59:06 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: November 30, 2013, 12:30:18 pm »

Ignore this. Wrong thread. :/

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: November 30, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »

Bonus points if the heir still needs a regent when you die. (I ended up with a infant heir once and it was TERRIFYING. Every month the nanny would come in with a pillow. EVERY MONTH.)
I didn't play a lot, but usually my leaders live long enough so when their grandson take over (because the son died for whatever reason), he's already adult. (I mean, I regularly have my leaders dying in their 80s, it's crazy!)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 30, 2013, 02:52:29 pm »

Eh, it's not that weird. Most modern life expectancy advancements is because infant mortality is at a historical low. When you survived to adulthood, you were usually good until you were in your 70s throughout most of history.

Oddly enough, I've had a lot of trouble finding actual life expectancy stats. I have no idea what use averaging infant mortality with life spans is, you either want to know what percentage of people live to adulthood or how long the average 20+ year old lives, not some useless averaging of those
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 30, 2013, 03:52:49 pm »

Sadly, I lost the screenshot (Windows decided to screenshot as if the game was minimized), but I just got an event where I and a courtier chat, the courtier asking me if I heard any good rumors lately. The possible answers were:

• I heard others say the same
  • I ate a muddied crap the other day. Horrible meal.
  • I do not spread rumors. I create them (+10 Prestige)

And that's why I <3 Paradox
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: November 30, 2013, 03:54:42 pm »

Use steam screenshots, they're generally quicker to upload and get an image on the board too.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: November 30, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »

Use steam screenshots, they're generally quicker to upload and get an image on the board too.

The thing is, the default screenshot button was used as a keybind in another game I played a lot (Warband?), and deleting all the pointless screenshots was a chore, so I changed the button a couple of times and forgot it. Plus, I entirely forgot about the functionality :3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: November 30, 2013, 06:15:00 pm »

You can change the keybind from inside the steam overlay :3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: November 30, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Same ruler as the last time, I started seeing DAGOTH MOTHERFUCKING UR in my sleep. Why all the TES references, I have no idea.

Also, my dynasty went a long way: we started as Dukes of Bohemia in HRE, went through being vassal Kings, and my current ruler is an independent Empress of Poland-Lithuania, Queen of Pomerania and Bohemia, and controls half the Baltic coast (I Holy War'd my way up to southern Finland). Also, except for Bohemia, All other kingdoms and the empire as a whole have High or Maximum Crown Authority and Primogeniture.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: December 01, 2013, 04:57:10 am »

Are you using any mods? I know that one, which I can't remember the name of, that adds a lot of events has a ridiculous amount of TES references. Like every three events.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 01, 2013, 05:49:16 am »

Are you using any mods? I know that one, which I can't remember the name of, that adds a lot of events has a ridiculous amount of TES references. Like every three events.

VIET Events and Traits modules. But I think it's an in-game thing.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1002