Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092867 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4365 on: November 27, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »

Who did you start with? I just had my first game as Viking, and man, they're OP. Started as Jorvik, expecting a OPM on the border with Christiandom to have a hard time, and them boom, I'm given the whole of Northern England. Then I abused the conquest CB to grab Ireland, subjugated King Something the Boneless for Scotland, Roflstomped everyone.

Now we're in 937 and the Empire of Britannia own all of Scandinavia, the Low Countries, most of Northern Germany, Gascogne and Rome (because why not). Also every barony-level titles in Asturias (Claiming Kingdom is weird). Oh, and I haven't reformed yet, so my whole Empire is a mess of constantly fighting vikings, while the traditionnal way to pass on a title is a full-blown civil war.

By the way, don't you think retinues should be split between heirs in gavelkind? Having those extra 7k Housecarls in each civil war makes them too easy for my taste.

I started as Ivar the Boneless because of the ten-thousand some event spawn troops he gets at the start, and started out by conquering all of Ireland seeing as it's piss easy.

Retinues are pretty OP. I wouldn't have gotten this far without mine. By now, I've conquered all of the de jure territory of Italia using mostly my retinues.

By the way, is there any reason for me to form Francia at this point? Is there any point in having more than one empire in general, even? Besides the prestige boost, I mean.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: November 27, 2013, 11:13:12 pm »

You're better off not forming the second empire. It will give your vassals that are de jure part of Francia a relations hit (desires the empire of Francia).

Was your first ruler named Inigo?

It was Ironman so I couldn't use the ruler designer, I had to use the customizer after the game started. Rest assured, my second ruler was named Inigo. :P

At least I'll be able to discover if it's a problem on my computer or on my save game...

I let it run for over an hour and it didn't work. :(
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:15:44 pm by Wiles »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:13 am »

I dunno... if he doesn't have any other kings in his empire, would he have any vassals that would desire the empire title? They can't hold one unless they're a king.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: November 28, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

At least I'll be able to discover if it's a problem on my computer or on my save game...

I let it run for over an hour and it didn't work. :(
Well, it's the save then. I'll have to play another game later. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: November 28, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »

Damn, was under a regency, the regent was in a lower crown faction. Crown authority went from high to autonomous in a year (couldn't decline, which is fine if it's ONCE), I didn't get any "lowered crown authority" opinion bonus, and vassals are now revolting for something else. I was actually intending to lower it to medium once I went out of the regency, but guess I didn't have a word to say in it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: November 28, 2013, 03:18:32 pm »

And this is why I like seniority succession so much. Now, if only I could find a way to have seniority succession while still keeping the subjugation CB of pagans.

What happens if you turn Christian for one generation, change the succession laws then revert to pagans?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: November 28, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

In my current Cornwall->Wales game, I could go for Tanistry succession. Good idea, or best idea? I can't see any harm in my dynasty having full control of which brat takes the throne.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: November 28, 2013, 04:00:04 pm »

In my current Cornwall->Wales game, I could go for Tanistry succession. Good idea, or best idea? I can't see any harm in my dynasty having full control of which brat takes the throne.
Elective might make it easier for you to control which, at least as long as you keep your lords moderately happy. In Tanistry this sounds harder to do.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: November 28, 2013, 04:33:49 pm »

Made a thread for figuring out how the hell the levies work now. Help out if any of you have noticed something or can be arsed to dig up the numbers.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: November 28, 2013, 11:21:42 pm »

Tanistry is probably the second best succession law in the game, go for it.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: November 29, 2013, 12:21:24 am »

Second best? Behind what, exactly?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: November 29, 2013, 02:22:23 am »

Muslim Succession, perhaps?  It allows you to always designate your heir directly, but you can't inherit much (only males can hold land).

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: November 29, 2013, 02:53:30 am »

My game has Croatians running Aquitaine, French Norse Scotland, a Bavaria that stretches from Italy to the Black Sea, a powerful, successful Jewish Khazaria, and almost no ruling Karlings. Madness reigns in Europe.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: November 29, 2013, 03:37:44 am »

Primogeniture is my favourite. All you need to do is groom your perfect heir, and let the rest of the herd be damned. If something goes wrong with your prime heir, you can simply strategically assassinate your children until you get the ideal ruler. Works pretty well for me.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: November 29, 2013, 04:15:39 am »

I found another nice little tricks for those heated successions when every relation boost is needed: a lot of peasant rebels are going to be from a different religion, so you can just crush one, never peace out and get a permanent +25 "defending against infidels" bonus.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1002