Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093907 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4065 on: October 06, 2013, 04:01:39 pm »

So... playing as a pagan for the first time... the Conquest CB is ridiculously overpowered, right?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: October 06, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »

So... playing as a pagan for the first time... the Conquest CB is ridiculously overpowered, right?

Just wait until you play as a Tengri pagan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: October 06, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »

Yes.

You'll be so used to it that when you fight other pagans, you'd have forgotten how to start wars normally.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: October 07, 2013, 11:12:18 am »

I'm playing as a Norse from like the regular games, and such, (1066,Etc) But when I check my succession laws, it has no options to change it to, There's no option like (Elective, Primo, Etc), Maybe Norse can't change that type of stuff? (Btw I'm a duke/high chief)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:55 am »

You can't change those because you are an Old Norse Follower. To Change your Succession Laws you either have to Reform the Norse Faith or become Christian or somesuch.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:02 am »

You can't change those because you are an Old Norse Follower. To Change your Succession Laws you either have to Reform the Norse Faith or become Christian or somesuch.

Does AI reform faiths? If so, converting to another Reformed pagan faith could work.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: October 07, 2013, 11:23:51 am »

I'm playing as a Norse from like the regular games, and such, (1066,Etc) But when I check my succession laws, it has no options to change it to, There's no option like (Elective, Primo, Etc), Maybe Norse can't change that type of stuff? (Btw I'm a duke/high chief)
Not unless you (or the AI. Like that will ever happen) reform the Norse faith. Same with the other pagans. The idea here is that it's a trade off: Norse kingdoms are easy (relatively speaking) to put together, put hard to keep that way. Reformed Norse, in turn, is severely overpowered. This makes an odd sort of sense, if you consider that both Christianity and Islam were most powerful in the centuries right after they became well structured.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: October 07, 2013, 11:24:09 am »

Yeah, AI do reform faiths.
I believe in one of the AARs on the forums (Saxon England Megacampaign) that there is a Preeminence of reformed slavism and Islam among the Eastern provinces.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:44 am »

I see the AI reform Tengri fairly often. Sometimes Slavic or Baltic does it as well. I have never seen the AI reform Norse or Sumenusko though. The former always converts and the latter is just too weak it seems.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: October 07, 2013, 11:49:25 am »

It's always done by "accidence". The AI aren't programmed to prioritise provinces that would help to reform their faith. This is why it's usually only Tengri that can reform since it's much easier for the AI to get control of the needed provinces. 

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: October 07, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »

It'd be nice if "Zealous" characters (higher learning?) characters prioritized holy sites and reforming the faith.

It'd also be nice if the traits of characters were more weighted in what the AI does...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: October 07, 2013, 05:38:42 pm »

I have a question.
If your charecter was converted to a pagan religion without the old gods, but you started as a christian, would you still be able to play as him?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: October 07, 2013, 05:51:12 pm »

No. You get a game-over screen.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »

No. You get a game-over screen.
Was that the case prior to the Old Gods expansion? I remember using some exploits to play as the Norse and other pagans before it was announced.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: October 08, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

Yes you could play as Pagans and even Muslims prior to their respective DLCs however they lacked features and were nothing more than a completely cut down version of christians. It was as simple as either becoming a non-christian through the console, getting your heir groomed or finally just changing a single line of code which was basically like non_christain_playable yes/no.

You couldn't play as republic before it's DLC but you could play holy and merc orders with some exploits leaving you with the strange agantic open succession law with no game-over on succession even though the dynasty will shift. I believe you can still play as a merc order fairly easily but I think they might have fixed the holy order bug.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1002