Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094310 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #3945 on: August 26, 2013, 11:27:09 am »

CK2 back in jail again. 12 charges of incest and 9,000 charges of murder.
Posts like this is why I occasionally lament the lack of a like function in the forum, because I would like it so hard... :P

And changing subject a little bit, does anyone play in a roleplay heavy keeping your ruler chivalrous?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3946 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:03 am »

CK2 back in jail again. 12 charges of incest and 9,000 charges of murder.
Posts like this is why I occasionally lament the lack of a like function in the forum, because I would like it so hard... :P

And changing subject a little bit, does anyone play in a roleplay heavy keeping your ruler chivalrous?
I do tend to roleplay my king with whatever traits he has, including the virtues.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: August 26, 2013, 11:34:28 am »

I did try roleplaying a chivalrous knight before. Was completely devoted to my lord, helping him in every situation and leading glorious victories in his name. All I ended up out of it was a 30 year job on the council training troops in the capital (didn't even let me stop to go on the crusades), a minor title, a sack of 20 gold and no titles granted after he won the crusade for egypt.

Fuck chivalry.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: August 26, 2013, 01:24:27 pm »

Finally got around to playing this last night. Went as the young Hungarian king...which didn't go so well. Within a few months we a full scale civil war going on as three separate factions broke out all claiming their right to be king. After about 7 years of fighting Hungary was finally united under King Peter the wise, and poor Soloman was imprisoned. Still managing to rule his duchies despite that, I guess through the regent.

Interesting game, but I think I chose a somewhat subpar starting location.

Also, have you ever noticed how much Hungary is shaped kind of like Mordor?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: August 26, 2013, 01:34:36 pm »

I like to treat Hungary as a marriage or conquest addition once I stabilize Poland, rather than play it for itself. Its too strong and makes for an easy early game. TOG makes Hungary interesting due to the Magyar's and their doom stacks.

Ireland or Poland is probably the best 1066 starting location. Small and with few aggressive major powers after them.

Ireland is better as a count and possibly duke and for getting a whole ton of early wars and fighting.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: August 26, 2013, 05:46:55 pm »

I started in Ireland for my first game. I managed to got my first character Petty King and I am now somewhat screwed. Demonstration:
-Neighbour one is from the same dynasty than the local petty king, and can call him for war.
-Neighbour two is vassal to said petty king.
-Neighbour three is in prison somewhere in scotland, and I don't have valid Casus Belli anyway.
-Neighbour four is the wife of a guy who has more troops than me, even though I have two counties and him only one.

additionally:
-My starting character, somewhat badass, is 78 years old.
-My worthless son died a couple years ago
-My grandson of an heir is a 14-years-old lazy bum.

D:
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: August 26, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »

The answer, my friend, is assassination~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: August 26, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »

The answer, my friend, is assassination~
Assassination is always the answer in CK2. :P
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: August 26, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »

unfortunately it ain't cheap, and I'm broke. A crowning ain't cheap either. (monthly income of 2.something ducats. DAMN I'm poor)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: August 26, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »

unfortunately it ain't cheap, and I'm broke. A crowning ain't cheap either. (monthly income of 2.something ducats. DAMN I'm poor)
Imprison your vassal mayor and banish him.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: August 26, 2013, 06:37:14 pm »

It's a little gamey, but imprison -all- your vassals (And your court, come to think of it), and banish and/or kill them all.

New vassals and courtiers don't have a tyrant modifier on them if you've been all tyranty in the past. So you can get rid of -everyone- you want to get rid of, create new courtiers and barons, and you'll be right as rain! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: August 26, 2013, 06:38:58 pm »

You could use the plot function. You can help it along in case there are not many persons willing to join the plot is to marry some of your courtiers into his court and then invite them into the plot.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3957 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

Anyone here interested in doing a mod with me based heavily on Dwarf fortress? I've actually made a working map in ck2 from exported maps.

Meaning drawing provinces, rivers, doing the title history, characters, religion and events/decisions are the last things.

I'm already working on a real life mod with my flirt, but my blood is craving some fantasy and I felt like I'd give it a shot asking.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: August 26, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »

I like to treat Hungary as a marriage or conquest addition once I stabilize Poland, rather than play it for itself. Its too strong and makes for an easy early game. TOG makes Hungary interesting due to the Magyar's and their doom stacks.

Well, that's pretty much what happened IRL. Due to some arrangements and a marriage, after the last king of Piast dynasty, Poland was briefly ruled by a Hungarian king, then his daughter (again no sons) who then married a Lithuanian prince who started the Jagiellon dynasty. The two were united via personal union briefly, but then stuff happened.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: August 26, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »

Anyone here interested in doing a mod with me based heavily on Dwarf fortress? I've actually made a working map in ck2 from exported maps.

Meaning drawing provinces, rivers, doing the title history, characters, religion and events/decisions are the last things.

I'm already working on a real life mod with my flirt, but my blood is craving some fantasy and I felt like I'd give it a shot asking.

That is awesome, what are you planning to do that you need help with?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1002