Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094364 times)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #3900 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:58 am »

So, I got a free CK2 code on GamersGate for pre-ordering Europa Universalis IV. Up for grabs to the first person who asks for it.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: August 13, 2013, 09:59:47 am »

Can I have it? I've been saving up to buy it for the past month or so.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:35 am »

Can I have it?

Sure, PM me your email address.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: August 13, 2013, 10:04:31 am »

Thank you!

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: August 13, 2013, 10:07:19 am »

Have fun with the game

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: August 13, 2013, 11:57:17 am »

Just a note..... You CAN attempt to turn the majority of the world into dwarves.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: August 14, 2013, 03:13:59 pm »

So I played a hands off observer game hoping to convert it to UE4.  Its not done, but it was kind of a failure on that grounds.  It turned into a world of deathblobs, pretty much.  To put this into perspective, the HRE formed within a decade, and reached absolute crown authority by the start date.  Its since lost some crown authority but gained a whole ton of land.

But the path to get there was so entertaining.  A lot of shit happened, but my favorite thing: Monophysite Byzantine Empire.  Basically, Athenian Duke converts to Sunni.  Three generations later there's a 9 year old Sunni Greek boy on the throne, and the Empire is split between Orthodox rebels and a single Miaphysite rebel that's part of their club, and the Sunni vassals who are defending their liege.  Long story short, the rebels win, they were pressing the Miaphysite's claim on the throne, he was a great Emperor who converted everyone, but the Miaphysites had no religious authority so the whole empire switched to Monophysite.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: August 14, 2013, 08:53:24 pm »

So I played a hands off observer game hoping to convert it to UE4.  Its not done, but it was kind of a failure on that grounds.  It turned into a world of deathblobs, pretty much.  To put this into perspective, the HRE formed within a decade, and reached absolute crown authority by the start date.  Its since lost some crown authority but gained a whole ton of land.

But the path to get there was so entertaining.  A lot of shit happened, but my favorite thing: Monophysite Byzantine Empire.  Basically, Athenian Duke converts to Sunni.  Three generations later there's a 9 year old Sunni Greek boy on the throne, and the Empire is split between Orthodox rebels and a single Miaphysite rebel that's part of their club, and the Sunni vassals who are defending their liege.  Long story short, the rebels win, they were pressing the Miaphysite's claim on the throne, he was a great Emperor who converted everyone, but the Miaphysites had no religious authority so the whole empire switched to Monophysite.

holy shit this game sounds so sweet

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:05 pm »

Currently on sale at Gamestop for five dollars.  And yes, you can use the key in Steam.

The DLC is half off (but not Old Gods).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »

Anyone know a really good LP of this that does a good job of showing the ropes?

Every time I try to start up a game of this my brain just kind of flails around at everything for a bit and then gets bored and I go play something else.

I got into Hearts of Iron III after Jef Major did an LP (Maybe a stream?) of it and I enjoyed that. But for some reason I can't get into this game despite the fact that I feel like I'd really enjoy it.

You'd think with how easily I got into DF that this wouldn't be a problem. But...*shrug* it is what it is, I guess.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: August 22, 2013, 04:44:33 pm »

Yeah, I had to watch Let's Plays in order to get into Crusader Kings II. Poring over the wiki doesn't do the job like it does for DF.

I can't remember exactly which one I watched, though. One of the Ireland LPs.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: August 23, 2013, 12:19:25 am »

Okay, been pounding on CK for a while now, and wondering about one thing; how the hell does my neighbour (say, Satakunta+Suomi) have 2 provinces and manage to raise 1-2k of troops two-three years into game, while I manage some 5-600 from two provinces with 80-100 vassal opinion all around? When reversing the situation, same. Scale of this gets bigger with larger kingdoms, and when playing norway swedes got 20k troops over my max in similiar timescale, despite me not warring before and swedes going amok with novgorod and denmark from the beginning.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: August 23, 2013, 12:57:04 am »

Mercenaries?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: August 23, 2013, 01:00:17 am »

Mercenaries. Can't see any other option.
They cost an arm and a leg, but they bring 1000+ soldiers a company.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:00 am »

might have been the case with finnish conflict (although I did check the merc screen and none seemed to work for them), but no amount of mercs can explain those 20k...
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1002