Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2052555 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #15000 on: July 26, 2021, 10:27:03 am »

So why the heck can't I declare religious wars against my neighbors??  It's almost like the Cathars were pacifists or something.  Like, it's cool if they're Jain-esque, but it would be nice if that information was imparted somewhere! 

There is a requirement to border the duchy you want to declare war for, maybe that's it?*  If this is the case get a single county somewhere in/adjacent Denmark, then war away duchy by duchy.  Anyways I'm sure I've holy warred as a Cathar; against other christians, too.

* As a christian if the crusades have been activated then it is possible declare across one or two sea zones, but offhand I'm not sure if their target needs to be muslim...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: July 26, 2021, 03:03:30 pm »

Thank you so much, I had forgotten that holy wars could only be declared on neighbors!  That's a little awkward since I've temporarily blocked off my southern border by suzeraining Wessex, but Ireland and Wales are free game.  It also means I should be relatively safe from the massive West Francia invading me across the channel, though I kinda expect them to come to the defense of Anglia and Kent once I get down there.

I just need to make sure I maintain the power to fight all of Ireland and Wales over each duchy, and definitely don't get weak enough for them to DOW me back (and potentially call in West Francia).  And before I do that, I to change out my Catholic vassals for my new Cathar councelors.  I had the foresight to enact religious title revocation law before converting, hehe.

The Waldensians are only a popular movement right now, sorry for being ambiguous.  Oh right, I'm going to be facing a lot of Catholic revolts huh.  I'm excited!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: July 29, 2021, 09:13:37 am »

CK2 wiki on the Holy War CB:

Quote from: Crusader Kings 2 Wiki
You must control a province bordering the targeted duchy (or inside it). It can also be used across 2 sea zones if the attacker or defender is Muslim, or if the attacker is Christian and Crusades have been unlocked.
Black lives matter.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #15003 on: July 29, 2021, 06:10:05 pm »

Does anyone still play CK2 more, than they do CK3 in here?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: July 29, 2021, 06:16:36 pm »

I do. Though that's largely due to the fact that I've been in a very long running MP game with some friends of mine. That tends to scratch the CK itch for me, so I haven't done much with CK3 yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: July 29, 2021, 06:45:04 pm »

I only got CK2 right after Holy Fury was released, it's still reasonably new to me and I haven't felt a need to upgrade.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: July 29, 2021, 10:02:35 pm »

I've mainly moved on to CKIII at this point, mainly because I play it with one of my friends and I got burnt out on CKII.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: July 29, 2021, 10:44:00 pm »

I do. Without being overly negative towards 3, I find it severely lacking in interesting gameplay features compared to 2, and the absence of them is not really worth the convenience and balance changes that have been added.
Black lives matter.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: July 29, 2021, 11:33:45 pm »

Does anyone still play CK2 more, than they do CK3 in here?

I do, as I do not have CK3.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: July 30, 2021, 12:52:38 am »

CK3's still sparse on fantasy mods, so yeah.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: July 30, 2021, 07:19:18 am »

I want a hard mode for CKIII

I can work with everything CKII throws at you and it provides a good role playing environment.  Its sometimes a tedious process to manage a rebelling empire, but thats sometimes the fun of it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: July 30, 2021, 02:02:46 pm »

Can't see myself ever playing much CK3.  Despite all the new shiny - a small of amount which is genuinely interesting - it is too stupid-simple.  Guess it is good for marketing when early adopters (steamers or should we call the 'influencers'?) love it since they are 'crushing' the game.

Mind you this is an arc CK2 followed from pretty much the beginning.  Take for example the power creep of getting a claim: nowadays it basically happens at the drop of a hat, even for christians.  Or the gradual denuding of the courts in favour of yet another province for map painting.  Shit someone should tell them Europa Universalis already exists.  If I want to map-paint I'll go play that.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: July 30, 2021, 04:53:42 pm »

They actually made map painting more difficult for anyone who can’t get a special succession law by default, because seniority succession isn’t available for hundreds of years after the start of the game.
Black lives matter.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: July 30, 2021, 05:34:09 pm »

Didnt play much CK3 since it puts my PC at its limit, and I dont like how much noise it is making before the game even begins ::)

I feel like CK2 is the easiest map painter among all paradox titles. In all of my games I would end up near WC before 1100. In the first of these games I didnt even know what I was doing half the time, and at one point after uniting all of India I though I would not be able to expand at all as the only realms in my diplo range were Persian and Arabian empires, both being larger and stronger then me, not to mention they were allied to each other. 100 years later my war elephant marched through indian territory from india all the way to London (with small shipping from northern germany to england). It just happened that I got my hands on a persian claimant (the surprise when I found out  8)), and somehow grabbed the byzantine empire (I still have no idea how I did that), which was housing claimants on Italy and Hungary, which were housing claimants for Germany, which was housing claimants for england, which was housing claimants for... you get the picture  :D).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: July 31, 2021, 12:52:56 am »

Like a lot of Paradox games it depends on when you play it.  Being able to "force vassalization" for 1000 prestige on realms under your tier is... certainly not broken, but lets you keep the warfare up without too much delay.  Same with "border disputes" over counties.

And I don't even have the newest CK2 DLCs which offer a few more CBs, heh.  Game plays fine for me, which it really should after my total investment.

I don't actually know much about CK3 except that the characters have exaggerated facial expressions, and they leaned hard on the "Way Of Life" DLC to make everyone have a specialization.  Nice?

I don't want a rewrite of CK with a new heftier graphics engine and less features and options.  I guess I haven't been paying attention, but when I'm not even buying Holy Fury, it'll take a lot to convince me to buy CK3.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002