Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2054726 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14265 on: December 04, 2018, 08:15:38 pm »

For randomized world religions, how do I tell which traits carry over when reforming? Because the wiki says that certain traits will carry over when reforming, but I have no way of being able to tel what traits will carry over for a randomized religion.

I can't reform just yet, but that's what I'm aiming for. The UI scheme says pagan, maybe Germanic, but I don't know absolutely for sure. Also, is there a reformed religion setup that still allows the warrior lodge society to be around?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14266 on: December 04, 2018, 08:28:08 pm »

I think warrior lodges are based on culture. I reformed the African religion in my game and still have access to the warrior lodge.

Admittedly I took warmongering as one of the trait things...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14267 on: December 04, 2018, 08:53:16 pm »

Okay, that's good to know.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14268 on: December 04, 2018, 09:03:19 pm »

It should be noted for random world that the random cultures and religions are actually just renamed vanilla ones. So if not!Catholics will get Catholic events.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14269 on: December 04, 2018, 11:25:37 pm »

It should be noted for random world that the random cultures and religions are actually just renamed vanilla ones. So if not!Catholics will get Catholic events.

Unless you've randomized the religion features. Still, I've noticed occasional inconsistencies like god names from the Slavic pagan religion that pop up from time to time.

I think warrior lodges are based on culture. I reformed the African religion in my game and still have access to the warrior lodge.

Admittedly I took warmongering as one of the trait things...
Religion. Reforming a religion retains access to the lodge.

What about the traits that the wiki says will carry over? How does that work for religons with randomized traits?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14270 on: December 05, 2018, 03:00:02 am »

Even with randomized religious events you do get the ones that largely belong to the religion.

Eg in my current game instead of catholics we have Limogesists, who have a pope but can raid infidels for loot, and are seabound.
Also their icon is an octopus so I like to imagine its like this
https://youtu.be/FSvqd13AyK4

Btw religion locations are randomized and societies are defimitely linked to religions as there are (random?) special abilities that you can only use as a believer
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14271 on: December 05, 2018, 12:17:18 pm »

I tried it last night and the ancestor worship didn't carry over, but some other things appeared to. So, maybe what carries over is random for randomized religions?

I had also hoped that I'd be able to get monastic societies, but nope, reformed pagan religions can't get them. Would be cool if reformed pagans did though....

Is the game just closing itself when you attempt to launch? It goes to the Paradox stained glass window splash screen and then crashes when it tries to load. I thought maybe it was a mod conflict, but I disabled all but the better fonts mod (which really shouldn't cause problems) and it's still crashing. Running steam validation now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:23:45 pm by smjjames »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14272 on: December 05, 2018, 12:28:19 pm »

Is there something that might make a child not inherrit their parent's bloodline? I did the build 10 cities one, and my character's son had it, but his daughter (only child) did not get the bloodline and so my newly forged bloodline died out fairly quickly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14273 on: December 05, 2018, 12:40:49 pm »

Theres some rules regarding paternal and maternal inheritance of the bloodline, I'm not entirely sure how it works because it doesn't seem to work intuitively.

Also, I think I've found the cause of the crashing, it seems to be the better fonts mod, but why???

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14274 on: December 05, 2018, 12:52:09 pm »

I just realised that it was a matrilineal inheritance/transfer bloodline when I loaded up my game again. So I would have had to have had my son marry matrilineally to have had passed it on to his daughter. I had misread it before.

I just noticed I can build an "Animal Farm" in my Baronies now. It seems to be tied to the animal kingdoms mode (need to have a related animal culture to build it), but I'm curious as to why I haven't seen the option to build it before now. I've been playing since Holy Furry came out and I've made it to 1355. Did they just add it in a patch?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14275 on: December 05, 2018, 01:30:59 pm »

I just realised that it was a matrilineal inheritance/transfer bloodline when I loaded up my game again. So I would have had to have had my son marry matrilineally to have had passed it on to his daughter. I had misread it before.

I just noticed I can build an "Animal Farm" in my Baronies now. It seems to be tied to the animal kingdoms mode (need to have a related animal culture to build it), but I'm curious as to why I haven't seen the option to build it before now. I've been playing since Holy Furry came out and I've made it to 1355. Did they just add it in a patch?
Animal farm?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14276 on: December 05, 2018, 02:09:03 pm »

Yes, a building in castle holdings that gives +30 heavy infantry and a bonus to heavy infantry morale. I was playing the same save game last night and I didn't have the option to build them then. But when I went to play today suddenly there was a new building available to build.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14277 on: December 05, 2018, 02:16:44 pm »

Yes, a building in castle holdings that gives +30 heavy infantry and a bonus to heavy infantry morale. I was playing the same save game last night and I didn't have the option to build them then. But when I went to play today suddenly there was a new building available to build.
Hmm...

I never noticed this.

This sounds like the special unit building for one of the animal cultures?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14278 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:55 pm »

I looked in the patch notes and didn’t see anything related to the animal cultures, they did put in a few new culture connected buildings though.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14279 on: December 05, 2018, 02:44:22 pm »

watched the newest season of Last Kingdom and now i want to rule wessex in the times of vikings and kings.

i'll be hitting this up hard and viking conquest on warband. a dream of an england.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1002