Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096549 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14055 on: November 14, 2018, 01:10:49 am »

actually lost my first shattered realm game, and my first ck2 game in a long time.

enatic clans. had a daughter, but then died of dysentery while pregnant with my second child. daughter was 3. assassinated when she was 15, before she could marry.

dang

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: November 14, 2018, 01:37:59 am »

Can anyone remind me, what was the free stuff and what was the DLC stuff?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14057 on: November 14, 2018, 02:34:16 am »

Did the Boulogne thing and am now trying to conquer the entire Near East. DEUS VULT

For real, though, is it just me or did they update every little thing that needed updating this time around? Haven't had this much fun with the game since Old Gods, probably.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: November 14, 2018, 02:42:30 pm »

Minor spoilers ahead for warrior lodge:

So I was doing the legendary quest for the warrior lodge. A bunch of the best warriors went on a silly little roadtrip across the world to the Holy Lower Silesian Empire where we would show off how awesome we were and their warriors were shit.

Along the way we were mass murdering everything we saw. Random people taking a piss, nobles going on hunts, etc. etc. This character has 140 personal combat skill so it really wasn't a challenge.

Then the Emperor sends me a note saying "yo you idiot, stop killing my best warriors. If you really want a good fight, come here and fight my best warrior." Now, in the challenge note it said the challenger was a Maja the Defender with a paltry 40 personal combat skill.

This is what happened:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14059 on: November 14, 2018, 02:48:36 pm »

rip sir bearington

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: November 14, 2018, 02:56:59 pm »

rip sir bearington
By the way, I checked and she had a pet cat.

------

That's not the favorite thing that character did.

I think my favorite was pretty accidental. One of my concubines was seduced by a minor lord so I had him imprisoned. Then I forgot.

40 years later I was looking through my list to see who I could duel (I already crippled all my children dueling them) and I noticed some old guy on it. Then I remembered he cucked me.

So I had him gelded, which then releases him. Immediately after I duel him, this poor 60 year old, and chop off his hand.

He died of infection a few weeks later.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: November 14, 2018, 03:28:33 pm »

Bah! I just managed to get the It's Good to be the king achievement by a stroke of luck, when I suddenly got assassinated (Without an heir!) by an angry vassal shortly after.
I got the achievement by marrying a Duke's daughter, he then usurped the king becoming the next king, and then he died of some diesease, making me king. But as stated above, someone apparently didn't like this string of coincidences.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:32:31 pm by Ultimuh »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14062 on: November 14, 2018, 05:35:46 pm »

I captured the holy sites of my religion and reformed, the tenants of the reformed religion are slightly different. They focus less on astrology and the spirits that follow us as we lead our lives and more on me being the pope of eternal war and human sacrifice. 

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14063 on: November 14, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »

I am enjoying this expansion very much yet I've played it proper for a few minutes. Instead, I've obsessively clicked and reclicked on " generate random world", and enjoyed perusing the weirdass realms and fucked up religions that result. I always get fascinated by the possibility and end up clickinh again in the event that the next world is even more amazingly weird
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:04 pm »

This is an extensive list, but in short: new world gens, societies, scars, kill lists, bloodlines, pagans (again), coronations, mass conversions, new diplomatic options, and Hellenic restoration are paid.  New excommunication repentance, merc bands, new electoral/diplomatic behaviour, updated crusades (excluding events), the map updates, dueling, and battle events are free.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: November 14, 2018, 09:53:04 pm »

Is it just me or are the portraits for Andalusian characters invisible? In my games they are just appearing as floating clothes.

Edit: according to this reddit thread it is apparently because they use the iberian portrait pack, which I don't have. Can anyone with the iberian portrait pack confirm if they are visible with that on?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:55:19 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14066 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:36 pm »

This is an extensive list, but in short: new world gens, societies, scars, kill lists, bloodlines, pagans (again), coronations, mass conversions, new diplomatic options, and Hellenic restoration are paid.  New excommunication repentance, merc bands, new electoral/diplomatic behaviour, updated crusades (excluding events), the map updates, dueling, and battle events are free.
Technically bloodlines themselves are free, but you only get the few that are in at game start (including Mohammad's bloodline) and the ones that are replacing traits, like the Saoshyant one. So you get the bloodline system (which means that if mods make heavy use of it, you get that content without the DLC) but you don't get the bloodline content (which means vanilla bloodlines will be sparse).

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: November 14, 2018, 10:26:02 pm »

Can anyone with the iberian portrait pack confirm if they are visible with that on?
You called?
Spoiler: Looks Fine to Me (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Disabled the portrait pack to compare and contrast. It was still functioning normally even without it. I think there may be a conflict with some other clothing pack cause Iberian portraits is the only one I own.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:32:26 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14068 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:55 pm »

Can anyone with the iberian portrait pack confirm if they are visible with that on?
You called?
Spoiler: Looks Fine to Me (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Disabled the portrait pack to compare and contrast. It was still functioning normally even without it. I think there may be a conflict with some other clothing pack cause Iberian portraits is the only one I own.

Weird, I don't own any of the portrait/clothing packs besides the m&m content thing and the south indian portraits. Maybe it has something to do with the new portraits that holy fury added? Also, for some reason African characters are using the Arabian portraits in my game, so it doesn't seem to be only weird portrait thing.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: November 15, 2018, 01:02:18 am »

I'm so happy that elections are actually fun now.

Mousing over to see what my vassals think of my heirs is amazing. Adds so much life with such a simple change.

For example, I was wondering why one of my kings refused to vote for my amazing heir despite everyone else doing so. When I checked it said he thinks my heir is evil. Frigging hilarious. Too bad I have no idea why he thinks that though.
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1002