Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096382 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13920 on: October 26, 2018, 08:30:05 am »

Oh no but I love Elective succession -
Ah they're giving it much better UI and AI, carry on :D

Highlights from skimming:
Better reasoning for electors
Showing those reasons in a tooltip
You can use favors to force support, which sounds great
"Eldership" which makes only your Dynasty eligible (like tanistry) but requires keeping 6 old learned people very happy (or they'll fabricate claims for your enemies!!)

and more

Ooh duels over claims
I can't believe I'm this excited over an update to medieval succession law, I love this game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13921 on: October 26, 2018, 08:31:32 am »

Scaled Voting Power: And this is where things get really interesting. Imperial Elective uses to its full extent the new voter_power function of scripted elective, making sure that every elector has a different amount of influence, entirely dependent on his status in the court and his attributes. The Emperor’s vote starts out with a strength of 200 voting power, which can be further boosted by good diplomacy and martial scores, making it so that a powerful and influential Emperor will be able to push the candidate that he wants on the throne even if most of the Court is against it. Conversely, if the Emperor is not Born in the Purple, deformed or crippled, or if he has made a reputation of appointing sycophants in his court (more on that below), he will see his voting power plummet. The other Electors have their own variable voting power, tied to prestige, rank and attributes (a Steward with high stewardship is more influential than an incompetent one). As such, appointing competent people to be your councilors and commanders will not only mean that your favorite son will have to compete with more competent and palatable candidates, but also that the electors will have a greater influence over the succession. Finally, minor titles can also affect a character’s voting power, so you might want to think a bit more before giving out your Caesar and Sebastokrator spots.

this is.... interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: October 26, 2018, 09:45:18 am »

The modding potential is fucking extraordinary. I think I might design a special Elective law for my mods. Now you can have electors favor whatever you want them to favor, so you really can make custom elective governments in whatever mold you desire (for example, if you were modding magic, you could make a Magicratic system which favors the most powerful).

I am so happy the HRE is finally its peculiar elective type. Personally, I like seeing a weaker HRE, and a solid elective session seems like it will inject a needed bit of chaos into the Unholy German Anarchy. And the historical electors preference is neat too, and the extra power that theocrats have under papal investiture is especially welcome as it'll give an actual reason to have an Investiture controversy. (Also, this was last week, but a vassal pope being much less of a yesman and the Pope in general being more demanding is very nice, especially for a player who wants to play Orthodox but can't justify it when Catholic was just so OP).

I am so happy that Elective is reworked the way it is. It was so frustrating that you couldn't affect electors, that you couldn't use favors to control them, and you just didn't know why things ended up the way they are. And now all of that is fixed! Hallelujah! Eldership also seem like an interesting mechanic for modding.

And I am so incredibly pleased about pretty much EVERYTHING that the Byzantines just got. Unique government with no penalties for holdings or different governments? Special backstabbing-based succession law? Royal court? I mean, dear god, I'm almost giddy. I haven't done a proper Byzantine campaign since my first one, and I liked it so much I was inspired to make not one, but two mods. But now, hehe, I might really have to do it again. Because WOW.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: October 26, 2018, 09:52:32 am »

*slaps roof*
This bad boy can fit so much yummy new features in it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: October 26, 2018, 11:06:46 am »

So much stuff in the DLC. Is this gonna be the final one??
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: October 26, 2018, 11:15:31 am »

So much stuff in the DLC. Is this gonna be the final one??
Maybe. Depends on if anyone on Paradox has any will/ideas for another, and if the game can take another in the first place.

But yeah, the devs outright said that you can now make non-elective successions by simply allowing for only a single vote and a single candidate.

A few other notes: Eldership is just for Romuova, West African, and pagans who pick it as a feature when reforming.

Only DLC features of the DD are Eldership and Duel Claims. Everything else is free. And we can totally conquer the world one duel at a time by fabricating claims and then issuing challenges.

Holy Fury might be the best DLC the game has.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: October 26, 2018, 11:31:04 am »

And we can totally conquer the world one duel at a time by fabricating claims and then issuing challenges.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: October 26, 2018, 11:44:45 am »

And we can totally conquer the world one duel at a time by fabricating claims and then issuing challenges.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
But can you defeat Pope Glitterhoof Ironside and claim your status as the true ruler of the Known World?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: October 26, 2018, 11:50:42 am »

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
But can you defeat Pope Glitterhoof Ironside and claim your status as the true ruler of the Known World?
neigh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: October 26, 2018, 06:09:28 pm »

I know this dev diary was huuuge, but can we spare a moment to give buying votes with favours some love? It's something I wished was in the game from the time favours became a thing. That alone would make elective succession laws so much more playable.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: October 27, 2018, 08:51:18 pm »

No disagreement from me. It was pretty much the first damn thing I thought of when playing an elective campaign. And I was continually sad it was impossible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: October 28, 2018, 06:41:32 am »

Huh. My character just beat cancer.

edit: It reassurged like two months later xD
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: October 28, 2018, 06:44:41 am »

Bad. Early relapses are associated with a poor prognosis.

I suggest a radical treatment in the form of castration, hashish, or sacrificing your firstborn to Santa
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: October 28, 2018, 06:54:26 am »

I underwent succesful treatment for the second cancer, but I went mad from it.

Then I dead of "natural reasons" the next year.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: October 28, 2018, 08:05:45 am »

I underwent succesful treatment for the second cancer, but I went mad from it.

Then I dead of "natural reasons" the next year.
While always amusing, natural reasons does mean natural reasons.

You have a chance of dying of natural reasons every year based on your age and health.
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1002