Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096264 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13815 on: September 30, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »

I really don’t get why vassals so desperately want gavelkind in this game
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: September 30, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »

Because it weakens the ruler. I assume

Possibly because it also negates landless son penalties

Btw strictly speaking Viscaya and Navarre shouldn't have gavelkind at all. Basque inheritance system made the eldest son inherit everything. The rationale was the lack of arable land, see
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:29:59 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: September 30, 2018, 01:43:20 pm »

I am saddened my phone likes to put apostrophes in silly places, and then I don’t realize until days later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: September 30, 2018, 01:52:19 pm »

I am saddened my phone likes to put apostrophes in silly places, and then I don’t realize until days later.

It's autospelling is fine, its not going to break you or anything.

But you may need to work on your thread etiquette.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: September 30, 2018, 02:41:24 pm »

My liege has high learning, I’ll be fine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:12 pm »

From having the mod project I was part on sort-of die to it being revived as everyone managed to find motivation again, I'm really happy that today a major milestone was completed. It just left me happy enough that I feel the need to share it.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: October 01, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »

How many of the continents are you guys doing? Just the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor too?

And then you have all the little islands, and Northrend, and then Pandaria even. Draenor? Outland? That new island wot legion?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: October 01, 2018, 09:45:24 pm »

How many of the continents are you guys doing? Just the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor too?

And then you have all the little islands, and Northrend, and then Pandaria even. Draenor? Outland? That new island wot legion?
For the very first release, just the EK. Everything else will be added Soon(tm), post-initial release.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: October 04, 2018, 02:06:23 pm »

Aldran The Holy’s eulogy of his father Benethos The Monster

My father was a great man. From his humble beginnings as lord of the paps he used cunning and dilligence to build his holdings until the paps became one of the most unassailable castles in the realms. I’m getting some looks now so yes that diligence and cunning mostly took the form of kidnapping the children of pirates and selling them back to their families. His methods are a bit suspect but you can’t deny he was clever.

His reputation as a military genius is well earned. His military strategies, using the navy to outmanuever enemy forces and overwhelm smaller forces before they could consolidate will be studied for years to come. Stop- stop coughing please! Yes, it’s true that those manuevers were most commonly used in the five separate occasions the crown tried to imprison and execute him that ultimately ended in his seizing of the title Lord Paramount.

He cut an impressive figure wading into battle with our ancestral valyrian steel sword.  That artifact has of course been in our family since he kidnapped the son of one of our allies during war time and then stole it from him. He did love that sword my father, also the fine sport of dueling. He challenged every King he could reach by raven. He was somewhat unclear on the rules, he often kept fighting as his opponents were trying to yield. One of his quirks. He just… He loved stabbing kings my father. He loved dueling so much that when he couldn’t duel a king he’d duel their wives or children. I remember when he tried to duel the ruler of Dorne and she refused because she was a 72 year old woman suffering from cancer, he challenged Stannis Baratheon instead who of course was fatally stabbed and then reborn as an undead monstrosity that is still frightening people in the stormlands.  Dueled a lot of women and teenagers my father...

He had many passions actually, he had so much love to give. Speaking of, I would to thank my  eleven- wait fourteen? When did…? Well I’d like to thank my half brothers and sisters for making the time to be here as well as my brother/nephews and sister/nieces. And thanks especially to Egon, who was not on great terms with our father because of the whole… helping my mother murder his mother in an attempt at reconciliation that failed when he seduced Egon’s wife- anyway thanks Egon.
He was also a great fan of diplomacy. He carefully studied the relationships between people all over the kingdoms, he could tell you who was whose son, brother, lover, ally etc. This was mostly from spending hours looking over genealogies trying to figure out why specific people wanted him dead. He also sent many, many insulting letters to the lords of the Iron Islands. We don’t really have a motive for that one, he just did it.

But the important thing to remember is that he had a good heart. He gave numerous gifts to the church, though perhaps motivated by a desire to avoid a third excommunication his donations did a lot of good. When he saw the tyranny faced by the lesser lords of Redford he took up arms and fought against their oppressor despite having nothing to gain. Now I must confess that was somewhat undercut by the fact he killed and ate that tyrant. We were all surprised by that, he just… he just did it.

Oh! We looked through his journals and we can definitively say that the rumors of him being an occultist who practiced the dark arts and sacrificed children were false. Well... I mean they were false when they were made. A few years later he did apparently join an occult society where he practiced the dark arts and did sacrifice a child. But the accusations were still false when people made them so that… that counts for something.

He wasn’t all bad is what I’m saying. He was never involved in an assassination. An odd number of his enemies died of snakebites and explosions but there is still no evidence he had any part of it. We also ran the numbers, contrary to popular belief he has not disfigured more Valemen than than the grey plague. More lords, but not more peasants. That’s a positive.

Okay this isn’t going well. Look, I know you’re all here to try and steal his head- just do it in an orderly fashion this is a holy place.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: October 05, 2018, 11:18:18 am »

... What did you do, Stalin?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: October 05, 2018, 11:30:38 am »

... What did you do, Stalin?
I lived a full life.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: October 05, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

That's fantastic, though now I'm curious whether his son is "the Holy" by his own merits or just by eating fewer children.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: October 05, 2018, 10:13:17 pm »

A low-child diet sounds like a wholesome virtue.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: October 05, 2018, 10:29:34 pm »

That's fantastic, though now I'm curious whether his son is "the Holy" by his own merits or just by eating fewer children.
He was just and kind and diligent and four months after he convinced everyone he wasn't a dick he died.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: October 06, 2018, 01:35:21 am »

He was just and kind and diligent and four months after he convinced everyone he wasn't a dick he died.
Of course.

Long live his cruel proud wroth paranoid imbecile harelipped nephew.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1002