Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2096172 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13725 on: September 14, 2018, 05:02:16 pm »

'A little known fact is that the word "vampire" or "vampyr" is simply a crude mispronounciation of a phrase in the language of the ancient Lechitic Empire "fam bear", meaning a good lad bear. It's because of ursine taste for human flesh that we associate our fams the bears with drinking blood.'

-- Herbert Spencer, 1904
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: September 14, 2018, 05:55:57 pm »

Ok, so my luck took a turn for the better, as an ancient two hundred year old pagan vampire came to my court as a refuge. I married her to one of my ghoul generals (whom she turned into a vampire), and THEN, my court chaplain ( who is also a vampire) accused her of being  a  pagan (does it count as a trumped up charge if it's totally true?) which gave me an excuse to imprison her and consume her soul, thereby gaining her powers.

Of course now the problem is that a vampire eating vampire is even more hated than usual, so now I have two rival nobles whohave the purifier (aka vampire hunter) trait gunning for me, alongside the bereaved husband, and those are only the plots that I know of. Lots of willing collaborators too. Even other vampores have a certaim dislike of me now.

A side but related problem is that I expected my new vampire fledgings to inherit my new powers but as of now that aint happening and I'm only producing second rate vampires with no extra powers. Not sure if its the age (aka my vamp is not too old)  or the fact that he committed diablerie to gain those powers. At any event, while I do have vampires to spare now, I cannot risk losing the one with mind control powers. So I'm staying in hiding.  I do have a fairly good ghoul regent.
When I get control of the republic hopefully I will get rid of a few of these would-be hunters, one way or the other.

I predict that therewill be a second crisis afterwards when the "creator" debuff wears off and my vampire heirs decide to off me  but I think I have a century or two till that happens so we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully by then I'll have managed to join the Assasins. That should provide me with protection
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: September 14, 2018, 07:54:23 pm »

that whole vampire talk somehow makes me want to have a "vampire masquerade ck2" now... with maybe a map of the US or a few (6?) nearby big towns split up in districts.
a "kingdom" would be that you are the "ruler" of a city then... and several vampire clans and humans all trying to control districts in cities.
stuff like castles, towns, church could be different shops then in the districts with different boni. a weapons shop could give you access to gun troops... or a +10% to attack... or a pawn shop more income... or a homeless shelter or a newspaper or something could give you +10 opinion with humans.
troops could be different gangs, police, army, hunters, ghouls, vampires, other monsters that maybe live in the nearby mountains and woods around the towns attacking every now and then the humans try to defend against with police and walls etc or even if you play as vampire you might want to fight them so your districts are in good shape and not every human murdered (viking raids?).
maybe different vampire clans (cultures?) can use different troops... mages use golems gargoyles? ... forgot the names of the clans in vampire masquerade... tremere?   there was one "pretty" ones maybe they can use influenced human gangs... the "ugly sewer" vampires maybe could use some sewer travel system to get around? (boats= sewer? or water on the map = sewers? or boats = taxis/busses/cars?)

maybe you could even simulate a "city life"... you spawn humans (troops) from residential buildings... and they try to walk to parks/entertainment/work industrial/parks etc places/districts and maybe they "relax at the park" or "work" or "go shopping" as a "siege" event mechanic that keeps them there for a bit...
probably wouldnt work... like making "residential faction" hostile to "shops and work" so they walk around or so... haha

but i feel the whole ck2 people mechanics and controlling areas might work pretty good in a more "modern vampire city map" or so hmmm

and traits etc could be stuff like: "police" -10 opinion to mafia/gangs/criminals and +10 supressing rebels...  "vampire" and "vampire hunters" have - opinions with each other... cultures could be based on the towns too so that town X people might not like town Y people"... who knows...

maybe some sort of "city generator" (https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator) could be used to make 5-6 cities.. link them all together... add rivers and woods hills stuff around and in between. turn it all into a ton of districts to control and have people in for ck2...  but then again i have no clue about ck2 modding and map modding and all haha.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:12:43 pm by Nelia Hawk »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: September 14, 2018, 08:59:45 pm »

I considered doing a mod for CKII where the "owners" of provinces are criminal organizations fighting each other for control of the drug trade (while the governments are off-map entities acting through events). I think I ultimately dropped it because the battles were a bit too weird to get right, and my focus is on EU4.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13729 on: September 14, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »

I considered doing a mod for CKII where the "owners" of provinces are criminal organizations fighting each other for control of the drug trade (while the governments are off-map entities acting through events). I think I ultimately dropped it because the battles were a bit too weird to get right, and my focus is on EU4.
Yeah EU4 trade might work better for a narco simulator, though I could see a setting localized in one "city" that is between competing gangs working with CKII mechanics

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: September 14, 2018, 10:53:15 pm »

God damn I wish Stellaris was 1/10th the game that CK2 is.
Well based on what I've been reading on Stellaris, that might be the case soon.

Granted, the way the CK2 dev team is raising the bar with this recent update/DLC, it may still take a while.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: September 15, 2018, 04:45:22 pm »

So, the idiot Doge got himself killed in some war for a coalition against an empire which I wasn´t paying attention to, with little at stake one way or the other, and suddenly I inherited the republic, so my character could come out of hiding...
then the assasination plots started to pop up. See, vampire rulers tend to be impopular. I have at least 20-30 rivals. And countless people willing to jump into the war. And a few "purifiers" (some among my own vassals) who are dedicated to killing vampires.  So... my original plan for a ghoul bloodcourt had to be ditched in favor of a VAMPIRE bloodcourt. Basically, I started turning vassals into vampires left and right. The idea was to improve the general disposition for vampires around me, but had an additional advantage: when you turn someone into a vampire they´re adopted into your dynasty. So my vampire successor stock has risen sharply.
Problem is, while that boosts loyalty a bit, it decays fast. Soon the new fledgings were again willing to murder me. A judicious use of inprisonment has helped in that regard, and I´m strongly considering keeping assasination ringleaders in an oubliette forever. I have a dillema about what I think is the last original branch of the family; pretty much all other dynasty members at this point are adopted vampires, but there´s a duke (who is in prison because of -goes without saying- an assasination attempt) that is part of the original bloodline. I´m considering whether it would be better to spare him, embrace him, suffer him in silence or get him killed one way or the other. On one hand it´d be nice and handy to keep them breeding original stock. On the other... ehh, they´re probably more trouble than they´re worth.

Oh, also, my vampire lord has the "avenger" trait because he killed the rebel fucker that had previously killed my immortal Doge.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: September 16, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »

snip

As far as I know the next update of Princes of Darkness is supposed to be based around that idea. The current version's 'buildings' are pretty much what you're describing. Stuff like "bribed sheriff, ghouled innkeeper, gargoyle lab", etc. No idea if the modern nights update is supposed to be district scale or the current 'major city+countryside' scale of the dark ages map.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:44:49 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: September 16, 2018, 05:20:55 pm »

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-100-%E2%80%93-come-fight-me.1119381/

Duels and inbattle fights. Reminds me of the rebels and warmongers mod.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: September 16, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »

Jesus Christ I think this is going to be the largest dlc in ck2 history. Possibly paradox history.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13736 on: September 17, 2018, 08:07:21 am »

I apreci8 u

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:47 am »

I see you, scriver. I see you.

I suspect the random ’battle has made you Craven/Brave’ event is gone now and you get to influence that more with your choices. I could even see myself picking the Craven option if the alternative carries a high risk of death and I really want to keep my current guy, so it’s not such an obvious choice now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: September 17, 2018, 08:59:13 am »

That sounds pretty good.

Never really done duels ‘cause I never had that many rivals, but this makes me want to lose everyone kffnjust to do it. Also love the new injuries and scars thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: September 17, 2018, 09:01:36 am »

I have still no ideea how one is supposed tor rack up enough rivals to have seven duels with one character, let alone win them all

(and I literally never see the Duelist trait show up ingame, in neither my characters or NPCs)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1002