Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095481 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12510 on: August 24, 2017, 03:13:22 am »

Fantastic, just received an email in which to claim the price-hike DLCs. They seem to have automated it pretty much, which is a good thing.

Now, just need to wait for China before I can start a new game :P

But I still think their overall pricing is mad. Expansions costs like new games.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:27:10 am by Radsoc »
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: August 24, 2017, 03:50:30 am »

I've basically decided I'll be pirating all their stuff from now on. They've clearly demonstrated they don't give a shit about anyone living outside the US.

Not that any of their recent dlc is even worth it anyway. I have no doubt this Chinese one will be another half ass piece of unbalanced nonsense too.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: August 24, 2017, 09:59:02 am »

It's an interesting side effect of their policies.

It's just that it feels bad playing with some available mechanics "missing" or not maxed, as you potentially don't get full enjoyment out of your time. Steam enables the Paradox DLC policy as it removes the hassle with updates/DLC completely, and which in some ways deter piracy. You basically pay to avoid spending time on that kind of things. What that level is supposed to be at is difficult to decide. But most of the time I find myself waiting for real sales (years if need be). Free DLC was a good move though, as it effectively reduces the overall game cost. Handing out a free main game could even be profitable for them, DLCs probably not so much.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »

Does Paradox's dlc policy actually reflect current exchange rates? Or did they just make up numbers?

(there was a time, not long ago, that the Aussie dollar was over parity with the US dollar. Many programs STILL cost more here, for no good reason)
It's a game. Have fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: August 24, 2017, 02:11:41 pm »

completely made up shit
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: August 24, 2017, 04:26:36 pm »

How about when you factor in purchasing power?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »

The US and Canada have almost the same purchasing power. In fact, the PP of the USD is actually higher than the CAD. If this was about PP, then given that the CAD is lower than the USD, the price should therefore be cheaper.

So when Paradox decided to back to the price more than 50% in Canada on all their games, they can go to hell. It was completely arbitrary and pure greed.

As I said before. I will never forget this. Not a single games company has ever permanently raised prices on their games after  launch. And like this, by currency. What a garbage reason. This wasn't something even EA or Ubisoft dared to do. And Paradox comes swaggering in, raising prices on shit like Victoria 2 and Magicka a decade after release.

And just in time for a major Steam sale too. How convenient that it allows them to give a "bigger discount".

The nerve. What kind of scum does this. They even tried to justify it. It was only after severe backlash did they actually capitulate and gave out those freebies.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: August 24, 2017, 06:12:10 pm »

The US and Canada have almost the same purchasing power. In fact, the PP of the USD is actually higher than the CAD. If this was about PP, then given that the CAD is lower than the USD, the price should therefore be cheaper.

So when Paradox decided to back to the price more than 50% in Canada on all their games, they can go to hell. It was completely arbitrary and pure greed.

As I said before. I will never forget this. Not a single games company has ever permanently raised prices on their games after  launch. And like this, by currency. What a garbage reason. This wasn't something even EA or Ubisoft dared to do. And Paradox comes swaggering in, raising prices on shit like Victoria 2 and Magicka a decade after release.

And just in time for a major Steam sale too. How convenient that it allows them to give a "bigger discount".

The nerve. What kind of scum does this. They even tried to justify it. It was only after severe backlash did they actually capitulate and gave out those freebies.
Canada was 50% and it was on the low end! Brazil got it pretty rough, though I forget the percentage, and Russia got the worst part with a raise of 200%!

By the way, other companies HAVE done this. For instance, Final Fantasy 14 got it's purchase AND subscription price raised in certain countries... like Brazil. A friend of mine plays it and is, let's say, less than pleased. Another example is Rockstar (though I forget who their publisher are) with GTA5, but they are sneakier. In every single sale ever, you can only buy GTA5 in a bundle with one of their stupid microtransaction shark cards. Bundling it with the shark card prevents refunds.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: August 25, 2017, 12:20:09 pm »

I've basically decided I'll be pirating all their stuff from now on.

*sarcasm mode on*

How dare you steal from a humble Swedish publisher/developer? Did you know that Sweden is one of the poorest countries in the world, along with Ethiopia? If you steal a copy of the new DLC, you'll be responsible for the starvation of 80 hardworking Swedes! How can you even hate Paradox, you Canadian, CIS-male scum?! They removed combat terrain penalty from EUIV, so that once unbeatable superpowers like Switzerland and Tibet could become beatable, and not only that, but they also gave a boost to the three weakest nations in EUIV; China, Japan and Muscovy/Russia! They also released the best DLC for CKII this year; Monks & Mystics, with a dozen of totally unique cults and societies, which also have excellent balance and fun, 100% historically accurate bonuses/things to do for the players! Oh, and let's not forget that a year ago, they released not one, but TWO brilliant games. They're very accessible for a new player, while also remaining extremely complex games. Seriously, the complexity of those two games is almost at DF level of complexity! But I'm tired of talking to you, uneducated, entitled shitlord, So I'll give you a TL:DR - You are a smelly thief!

*sarcasm mode off*

In all honesty, if they don't bring new combat mechanics/terrain penalty back into EU4 via a DLC/free patch, they'll never ever get money from me again. It would be like if Creative Assembly removed flanking in one of Total War games. No more cavalry charges into the rear to hamper morale, just mindless fighting without tactics nor strategy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: August 25, 2017, 08:07:59 pm »

Reminder that according to Johan, piracy is equivalent to pedophilia.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: August 25, 2017, 10:08:09 pm »

If piracy equals pedophilia then call me the prophet Mohammed(pbuh).
If you want to make your game cost two hundred dollars, make a game worth two hundred dollars.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: August 25, 2017, 11:25:17 pm »

I've been pirating the game since Paradox elected to stop patching the non-Steam version.

Their reasoning of "This costs money and we don't want to pay for it" is one I've become rather familiar with.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: August 25, 2017, 11:36:40 pm »

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.
Good news for you!

*sarcasm mode off*

In all honesty, if they don't bring new combat mechanics/terrain penalty back into EU4 via a DLC/free patch, they'll never ever get money from me again. It would be like if Creative Assembly removed flanking in one of Total War games. No more cavalry charges into the rear to hamper morale, just mindless fighting without tactics nor strategy.
Who is EU4? :P
*sarcasm mode off*
If you're happy without new content, or even if you can justify piracy to yourself, have fun with that.
I pirated before I had any income, and I bought most of the things I stole.  You do you.
Maybe get a mod, though?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: August 26, 2017, 12:50:51 am »

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.
Good news for you!

Being forced to get the game through Steam isn't exactly something I'd personally consider "good news", myself. Hence the whole getting it not through Steam thing.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: August 26, 2017, 01:07:53 am »

@ Rolan7

IIRC, I saw a mod which adds combat terrain penalty back into the game, but I'm not sure if it will work with Ironman mode. It's a gameplay mod, after all.

Reminder that according to Johan, piracy is equivalent to pedophilia.

Can you give a link/pic to his statement?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1002