Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093854 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11655 on: January 28, 2017, 08:59:26 am »

Mine's under Pat McCrory, so I know how you feel :P
As I suspected, it was cathartic to invade my home as my birthplace (Asheville as Raleigh).  And then form Greater Carolina, (Best Carolina plus some of South Carolina).

And honestly, I think Crusader Kings is most fun as a vassal.  More mechanics are in play, not to mention the protections.  And the constant temptation of usurping, or rebelling...
It is what makes CK2 different than your typical grand strategy game.
Using your character traits to RP is also fun, so if your guy is content then no usurping, if they're wrath then always assault everyone at all opportunities, if they're greedy just hoard gold and if they're 6 years old unwisely give all of their land to their friends

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: January 28, 2017, 10:26:39 am »

I'd kind of like a few more scenarios for ATE, in particular a 2020 version.

I know you're probably joking, but this mod just popped up on the front of my ck2 page on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846781077
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: January 28, 2017, 12:50:24 pm »

I'd kind of like a few more scenarios for ATE, in particular a 2020 version.

I know you're probably joking, but this mod just popped up on the front of my ck2 page on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846781077
It apparently doesn't work, though.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: January 28, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »

I know there is one for Europe set in the modern day, at least.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: January 28, 2017, 02:54:33 pm »

I know there is one for Europe set in the modern day, at least.

Add me on steam: Icefire2314 (wow! surprise)

I'll start a Bay12CKII group (unless there is one already) and we can plan out stuff there for MP gamems
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: January 28, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »

Back to Elder Kings. It may have something to do with the starting scenarios having been tweaked a bit, but boy... The Malacath Cult orcs do feel a bit overpowered in the earliest setting. High Rock is divided, especially in the east, so it didn't take more than a couple of generations to become a renowned orcish warlord and sweep the entire province.

Unfortunately, the "despotic hierarchy" government style doesn't exactly favor longevity, so I am thinking of saving up a tidy some for mercenaries, converting to the Eight, and then calling on Cyrodiil's religious center for reforcement. Bonus points if the character to set all of this into motion is a half-orc.

Surely, Malacath won't be entirely pleased, but considering the resulting turmoil and bloodshed we'll face, I'm pretty sure this has been His plan to begin with. :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:50:32 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: January 29, 2017, 05:55:12 am »

I was very disappointed there wasn't a Trinimac Restoration choice for Orcs to mirror the ideas of... That or ruler but who was king during Oblivion and who I believe was the one who used the Lorkhan Mecha to re-establish Orsinium.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: January 29, 2017, 08:26:53 am »

I was very disappointed there wasn't a Trinimac Restoration choice for Orcs to mirror the ideas of... That or ruler but who was king during Oblivion and who I believe was the one who used the Lorkhan Mecha to re-establish Orsinium.
Gortworg wasn't a Trinimac fan.

Spoiler: Actual ESO spoilers (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: January 29, 2017, 09:30:31 am »

On the contrary, Gortwog was the founder of the Trinimac heresy:

3rd Ed PGE, last paragraph.
Traditionally, the Orcs have worshiped the Daedra Malacath (Mauloch) as their patron deity. Gortwog, however, has established a new priesthood devoted to the worship of Trinimac, the ancient hero of the Orcs, who legend has it was devoured by Boethia and became the Daedra Malacath. The Orc King's belief that Trinimac still lives and that Malacath is a separate entity, a demon whose aim was to keep the Orsimer pariah folk forever, is the official position of the shaman priests of Orsinium

Spoiler: Actual ESO spoilers (click to show/hide)

ESO is Heresy! :P
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: January 29, 2017, 07:54:28 pm »

ESO is Heresy! :P

I will say with no doubt in my mind that ESO's lore is better than Oblivion's and Skyrim's

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: January 30, 2017, 04:24:12 am »

On the Elder Kings tack, I've been playing as the Mane now that he's playable. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Strong Mane, so I'm stuck dominating Elsweyr very very slowly. On the plus side, playing a character from age zero on up lets you build your stats up hard.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:19 am »

Dev Diary lads.

Spoiler: As you wish... (click to show/hide)

While it is a rather sparse DD, the changes are quite welcome.

EDIT: I went through the thread, and it looks like ability to give priorities to allies is DLC content.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:39:22 am by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: January 30, 2017, 09:41:02 am »

Question: Does Elective Monarchy give any claims? Because in my Ireland game (goal is unifying Brittania - already took over Ireland and a decent chunk of Wales, and a county of Scotland. I took Brittany too as a early foothold on the mainland and as a source of more soldiers for conquering). I managed to marry my heir matrillineally to the Prince of England, but they're currently Elective so I'm not sure if it'll actually do anything for me but get a non-aggression pact while I work on Scotland and Wales.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: January 30, 2017, 11:19:22 am »

I'm reasonably sure all of a leader's children get claims on all their titles. Not sure if they're strong claims after the 2nd and 3rd in line to them, though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: January 30, 2017, 11:28:13 am »

I'm reasonably sure all of a leader's children get claims on all their titles. Not sure if they're strong claims after the 2nd and 3rd in line to them, though...
IIRC, children of a titled ruler get strong claims. If not pressed, their children will get weak claims. This applies to any government. Of course, depending on government and religion, women may not be able to press their claims.
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1002