Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093880 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11535 on: January 13, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »

Oh. fuck my joke sucks then :P

Anyways, I think the Libertarians in this, worshiping the statue of Liberty, basically, have the ability to go to Enatic laws. I wonder if I could do that as a merchant republic :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: January 13, 2017, 04:57:31 pm »

Nice!  Sounds like the mod author got the actual gist of Libertarianism.
But sadly not.  Last I checked, merchant republics were absolutely hardcoded to patriarchy - even with mods.

I'd love to be proven wrong!  There have been updates I haven't gone that far into, since Reaper's Due.

Edit:  Of note, I know Iqta somehow gained the opportunity to have women in power.  I don't know the details, but mechanically it's encouraging.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: January 13, 2017, 05:00:51 pm »

Iqta, in this mod, is called Beaucracy and is the government of the Californian Empire's Kings. Basically, Warlord Era China. But with California :P

though i'm not sure if that's your point :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »

Bureaucracy.... Interesting!  Iqta is a mix of religion and feudalism, which I suppose fits pretty well with Warlord Era China!
I had no point, except that I'm glad that Iqta can (mechanically, and possible only if you choose ahistorical options) be shifted into egalitarianism.

But last I checked, sadly, trade republicans can't.  Which sucks because trade republics are my favorite way to play, heh.
Not JUST because they're OP as hell (I'd just play pagan) but because they can sorta sit back a bit.  While still establishing trade and reaping mad monies.   Basically?  They don't have quite as much need to go full VULT, while still remaining powerful, and that's nice.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: January 13, 2017, 05:14:43 pm »

Yeah. I do like them. Mainly because you also have four vassals who, if you're not doing NK mode, can expand on their own. i mean, in one of my Re-Reconquista runs at the sultan of granada in ck2, pisa owned like. half of africa just because the families under them started expanding there. That was also when Pisa, yet again, won a crusade for Jerusalem. :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: January 13, 2017, 05:21:42 pm »

Merchant republics are a pain to mod because everything about them is hardcoded. You can't even set cultural clothing for them. If you change the clothes of one republic, you change the clothes of all republic. And so on.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: January 13, 2017, 05:22:53 pm »

That is a weird thing to hard code, tbh. Methinks it's an oversight by the devs that didn't think there'd be any DLC to make them player :P

of course, by the time the dlc did come, it was too deep into the code to have it be worth fixing :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: January 13, 2017, 05:49:54 pm »

That is a weird thing to hard code, tbh. Methinks it's an oversight by the devs that didn't think there'd be any DLC to make them player :P

of course, by the time the dlc did come, it was too deep into the code to have it be worth fixing :P
The clothes were added with the DLC. They didn't exist before it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: January 13, 2017, 05:52:58 pm »

The harcoded thing was the male-only party.

Sorta especially once they un-gender-locked Iqta, but that's to their credit.  Let's hope they do it for patriarchies someday.
She/they

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: January 13, 2017, 06:04:07 pm »

Huh. Weird. I never played Ck2 before Charlemagne, so I have no idea how Pre-Republic Ck2 handled them.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: January 13, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »

Honestly, what'd be great is if int he final DLC, the free patch they release with it basically makes everything that's hard coded fully moddable :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: January 13, 2017, 06:22:50 pm »

Not actually inaccurate in medieval Eufrasia. (as I shall now call the Europe-Africa-Asia area)
Exactly...  Absolute-cognatic is extremely rare in this period.  *extremely*, which is why only the Cathars and uh...  That awesome culture on the france-spain border had the option.

Though it's a game, and I've played many, oh so many hours, semi-period-realistically.
It's either this or installing mods and going full Lilith :P

Paradox has recently been awesome by allowing options for it in base play!  Seriously!
Especially by mechanically including Iqta, against all history!!

They've done so much, I just wish that trade republics would get a similar update, that's all.  They've already gone above and beyond!
She/they

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:21 pm »

I mean, the female iqta rulers isn't entirely ahistorical... There were times where a female was ruling a muslim country. It could be debated if it was a true rulership or not, but it happened :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: January 13, 2017, 07:16:34 pm »

Not actually inaccurate in medieval Eufrasia. (as I shall now call the Europe-Africa-Asia area)
Exactly...  Absolute-cognatic is extremely rare in this period.  *extremely*, which is why only the Cathars and uh...  That awesome culture on the france-spain border had the option.
You're thinking of the Basque, and that's only in the game. Historically, Agnatic-cognatic was normal in the christian part of the Iberian peninsula. Meanwhile, the rest of western Europe went with the Salic law (which in game is agnatic gavelkind).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: January 13, 2017, 07:45:20 pm »

Minus England. But then again, England was kinda weird for the longest time IIRC :P
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1002