Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093748 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11460 on: December 25, 2016, 06:40:56 pm »

East Anglia and Sawdanids in Old Gods, Canarias in 1066 are all great choices for small starts. El Cid (Valencia) in 1094 is the ultimate best Count start you can get.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: December 25, 2016, 07:08:51 pm »

769 Wales has a 1-county count, 2 2-county dukes, and a 3-county duke. Nearby, 769 and 867 both have the duchy of Kent shattered into its component pieces, as well.

Scandinavia as a whole is full of good picks in both Early Middle Ages starts. Finland also has some good independent picks, although it's pretty luck-based until you can build your power-base sufficiently to combat the Vikings.

IIRC there's a couple bookmarks where the tip of Sicily is broken into little pieces, I know 1066 has some Normans hanging around the western coast.

Eastern Europe is full of good picks--the Wends are broken into tiny pieces until 1066, and I think the Russians don't really consolidate meaningfully until the 1200s.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: December 25, 2016, 07:20:11 pm »

Though if you're looking for a real challenge as a smaller start, start as a Romuva/Baltic chief in 1066. You're surrounded by Christians who are way more powerful than you and you're an unreformed pagan. Reforming is vital, but then you're left with a rather nice place to have a merchant republic. Or feudal empire. But make sure you don't get too weak or you'll get holy warred into oblivion. Or picked apart by the rulers of Visby if you feudalize while weak. Because trust me. Patricians are ruthless when taking cities and coasts.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11463 on: December 25, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: December 25, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »

I read all that in Khajiit-accent.
"Khajiit is innocent of all crimes.  Khajiit is the law."
Good to see that High Rock is as confusing as I thought.
I really need to check that mod out.  I'll be Bosmer first, of course...  Forests naturally want to expand, after all.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: December 26, 2016, 01:36:30 pm »

That Khajiit portrait looks pretty awesome, and it looks like he knows it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: December 26, 2016, 06:13:33 pm »

I knooow. The Argonians are pretty great too. I suppose the Akaviri portraits are nice too, but they just seem too... Out of place in comparison to the other portraits. Similar to the Ethiopian portraits tbh. They're great, but look out of place sometimes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: December 27, 2016, 08:04:31 am »

That Khajiit portrait made me download the elder mod to try it out. Looking it over, it seems well made, though my very first thought is that I would've made the Dunmer great houses cultures (as well as dynasties) instead of just families to split up Morrowind a little. After all, the houses seem to be just as much about a way of life as it is about blood or vassal-liege-bond-responsibilities.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:50 am »

Yeaaah. I've never played Morrowind, but I do know a little. I mean, it'd have been neat if Telvani had some elements from the Orcish government where you could klingon promote yourself into getting another title.

Though if you use the dynasty map mode, the Morrowind houses do start with their dynasty as the great house's dynasty. Telvani has Telvani, Dres has Dres. But other than that, it's mainly there instead of the previous incarnation which was 'Morrowind' with Vardenfel(?) being held by the Tribunal Temple.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: December 27, 2016, 01:04:40 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: December 28, 2016, 05:46:27 pm »

That Khajiit portrait made me download the elder mod to try it out. Looking it over, it seems well made, though my very first thought is that I would've made the Dunmer great houses cultures (as well as dynasties) instead of just families to split up Morrowind a little. After all, the houses seem to be just as much about a way of life as it is about blood or vassal-liege-bond-responsibilities.
Latest versions have them as independent entities that share the ALMSIVI religion

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: December 28, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: December 29, 2016, 03:47:49 pm »

I really wish that defeating religious revolts changed the faith of the people in that county. After all, you're killing everyone militant or able enough to revolt. Jesus christ, I don't want to bother putting down the 7th and 8th Catholic Revolts in Csnad in the same damn week. No, the second wasn't a reinforcement of the first, I killed the first and then another spawned in the same spot a few days later.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: December 29, 2016, 04:18:43 pm »

At the very least provincial revolts are far too common as is, especially considering that they're basically just nuisances rather than legitimate threats to an established realm.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1002