Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093665 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11445 on: December 25, 2016, 12:48:16 am »

I have a better one - kill EVERYONE. I wonder how low on important figures can you actually get.

Not as low as you'd think. Unless you keep all titles for yourself, titles will spawn new characters for them. Like if there's an independent duchy, you can kill the rulers forever, but it'll just spawn new characters. So the solution is to keep everything for yourself and kill everyone left.

Isn't that how you're supposed to play though?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: December 25, 2016, 02:41:36 am »

I have a better one - kill EVERYONE. I wonder how low on important figures can you actually get.

Not as low as you'd think. Unless you keep all titles for yourself, titles will spawn new characters for them. Like if there's an independent duchy, you can kill the rulers forever, but it'll just spawn new characters. So the solution is to keep everything for yourself and kill everyone left.
It is very simple to kill EVERYONE.

Play as nomads. Become immortal like my portrait character. Raze EVERY. SINGLE. HOLDING.

After every single holding is razed. Revoke all your vassal Khans. Then kill all your family and remaining courtiers.

Now the only people that will ever be left alive other than you will be the random rebel leaders and (I think) some random courtiers that will spawn once in awhile.

In my immortal Khagan game I had to make little enclaves of civilization simply because I kept running out of courtiers. When you have almost no humans left, it's kinda hard to find talented people.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: December 25, 2016, 02:46:42 am »

If you do that as a Nomad don't you get all those annoying minor clan risings though? I remember that from when I did a WC as nomads and kept all the land to myself.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: December 25, 2016, 02:57:50 am »

If you do that as a Nomad don't you get all those annoying minor clan risings though? I remember that from when I did a WC as nomads and kept all the land to myself.
You get those if you don't give enough land to your vassal Khans.

It's why you save the Khans till the end.

You won't be able to permanently scour humanity from the earth... but you'll be able to do it for a few months at a time.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: December 25, 2016, 03:01:48 am »

You won't be able to permanently scour humanity from the earth... but you'll be able to do it for a few months at a time.

Thinking about it, couldn't you take over as a nomad, revoke everything, then settle down? All the new holdings would belong to you and you wouldn't have to worry about minor clans. Then everyone would truly be gone, aside from rebel leaders and event characters.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: December 25, 2016, 09:08:26 am »

Oh my god. CK2 runs so fucking good now that I have a new modern 2016 laptop. Even better, the Elder Scrolls mod runs like a fucking dream.

i am so happy right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: December 25, 2016, 09:58:06 am »

Oh my god. CK2 runs so fucking good now that I have a new modern 2016 laptop. Even better, the Elder Scrolls mod runs like a fucking dream.

i am so happy right now.
Know that feeling. Ran it on a computer 6 years old, got a new one, and it was like I was playing it at 300% speed.
I'll +1 the sentiment, loved going from my wife's school laptop to a PC I built myself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: December 25, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »

Yah. I mean, it'll never be as good as a gaming laptop, but compared to the fact I could barely do five speed a year in to being able to have straight five speed for nearly fifty ish years... Pretty good improvement.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: December 25, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »

Thinking about it, couldn't you take over as a nomad, revoke everything, then settle down? All the new holdings would belong to you and you wouldn't have to worry about minor clans. Then everyone would truly be gone, aside from rebel leaders and event characters.
I guess you could.

You'd basically have one single castle in the middle of nowhere surrounded by plains in the entire known world.

You'd also lose all your troops and money too. I think maybe the mercenaries would still be around?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: December 25, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

By the way.. What nations are tiny and independent in this game?
Tiny as in 1 province. Although I may try a 2 provinces start.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: December 25, 2016, 05:53:17 pm »

The idea of all of Europe, the Eurasian steppe, India and northern Africa being fields bar one lone castle is kind of amusing, actually.

Wonder how the game would react if you exported that to EUIV

With most of it being 1/1/1 development.

Go to play a custom set up game. Click the 'counts' button. Make sure your character is independent and viola.

there's a bit too many to name, so that's why i have this low effort response.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11456 on: December 25, 2016, 05:54:37 pm »

The idea of all of Europe, the Eurasian steppe, India and northern Africa being fields bar one lone castle is kind of amusing, actually.

Wonder how the game would react if you exported that to EUIV
Empty, colonizeable land?
Fuck, if my computer wasn't broke I would totally try that one.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: December 25, 2016, 05:55:06 pm »

That'd be cool, admittedly. Though it'd mean that any nomad land becomes empty land once exported.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: December 25, 2016, 06:15:22 pm »

There's the Irish counties. I think in 769, 867 and 1066 there's always a few independent Irish counties. That's a good place to start for new players. In 769, if you want to play as Norse, most of Norway and Sweden are independent 1 or 2 province counties as well. Been a while since I've played 867, but I /think/ it's similar there.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: December 25, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »

There's the Irish counties. I think in 769, 867 and 1066 there's always a few independent Irish counties. That's a good place to start for new players. In 769, if you want to play as Norse, most of Norway and Sweden are independent 1 or 2 province counties as well. Been a while since I've played 867, but I /think/ it's similar there.
Playing Irish counts before 1066 is actually challenging, though, so be advised any who read this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1002