Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093583 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11400 on: December 19, 2016, 11:37:18 pm »

Have the Dharmic and/or Pagan religions been fleshed out at all since they were added?
No, they don't iterate on DLC.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: December 20, 2016, 01:43:31 am »

Have the Dharmic and/or Pagan religions been fleshed out at all since they were added?

Yes, particularly Pagans have received a steady stream of minor but enfleshening features as part as the free patch content.
Love, scriver~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: December 20, 2016, 07:20:43 am »

There better be some Old Gods mechanics to this. The Norse are way too two-dimensional right now. The focus seems to be on Christianizing the Norse, not the other way around.

I only play as Pagan, and don't give a flying squirrel about Christian mechanics, nor can I play as anyone else beside the two.

I WILL cleanse the world of Catholicism - me and my Jewish cousins. :P
I imagine CK2+ will pick up what Paradox fail to fulfil in you.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: December 20, 2016, 07:27:35 am »

Not much for the vanilla game setting, but I'm having a ball with After the End. Soon, the Celestial Empire of California will be reborn- from the lands of Baja, to the northern end. United under the Emperor, we will march on the lawless desert lands to east, quash the Christian realms of the South, and lay claim to ancient capital. Such is the great destiny of the Californian race!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:26 am »

Not much for the vanilla game setting, but I'm having a ball with After the End. Soon, the Celestial Empire of California will be reborn- from the lands of Baja? to the northern end? United under the Emperor? we will march on the lawless desert lands to east? quash the Christian realms of the South? and lay claim to ancient capital? Such is the great destiny of the Californian race?

Fixed that for you.
Love, scriver~

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: December 20, 2016, 08:47:13 pm »

Not much for the vanilla game setting, but I'm having a ball with After the End. Soon, the Celestial Empire of California will be reborn- from the lands of Baja? to the northern end? United under the Emperor? we will march on the lawless desert lands to east? quash the Christian realms of the South? and lay claim to ancient capital? Such is the great destiny of the Californian race?

Fixed that for you.

I fail to see necessary significance of replacing commas with question marks.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: December 20, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »

california

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: December 20, 2016, 09:34:21 pm »

Words! I demand a surfeit of words!

Also-- sup, Ehndras?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: December 20, 2016, 11:27:28 pm »

Fixed that for you.

I fail to see necessary significance of replacing commas with question marks.
Like, you don't know?  A rising inflection, like, is totally all over California accents, and it's, like, kinda fun to just poke fun at some of their accents, though making fun of valley girl is so totally 90s. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11409 on: December 21, 2016, 12:42:24 am »

Oh! Is that what that was supposed to be?

I guess we don't get any of that down in San Diego. I'd totally forgotten about the valley girl accent as a thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11410 on: December 21, 2016, 01:07:51 am »

.. I haven't heard people talk like that in CA and I've lived in Sacramento, Fresno, LA and San Diego - practically the breadth of the state. I didn't even know that was a stereotype.

Just kidding, everyone in California is totally a shirtless surfer, man. Blaze it dudes and dudettes. Ranch it up

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11411 on: December 21, 2016, 02:02:54 am »

Oh! Is that what that was supposed to be?

Yeah, that was it ;)
Love, scriver~

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11412 on: December 21, 2016, 07:14:45 am »

So watching some videos of CK2 to get a feel for it since the learning scenario's... kinda bad, and the tutorial is literally broken and outdated anyway. Succession games seem to be... interesting. Has anyone tried a CK2 succession game on Bay12? Seems a logical step since Dwarf Fortress succession games seem popular. (though, I can understand the limitation of making sure all participants have the same DLC)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:04 am »

There's one going on right now.

It has stalled a bit, though.

Link
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:14:59 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: December 21, 2016, 10:21:56 am »

There's also an older one here.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1002