Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093322 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11280 on: November 26, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »

Well we finally found a game Sprin is better then me at :P

We played some MP, Sprin played a character minmaxed to give his offspring good traits, while I started as a 50 year old with roughly that many starter kids (or "extra lives" as I refer to them)
I'm about 8 characters in while Sprin is on his second and managed to manipulate his way to a duchy (I lucked out and had one handed to me near the start)
90% of my contribution has just been throwing troops his way when things break down.
We're currently working on uniting West and Middle Francia so we can actually help each other in plots and such.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: November 27, 2016, 03:20:48 am »

@BFEL & Sprin:

Nice! And yeah, more kids isn't necessarily a good thing. :P It always inevitably turns into a shitfest, like me having to go to war with my half-brother because he inherited the last god damn Norse holy site, stopping me from reforming Norse faith.

Also, HISSSSS!

The Scandinavian-Brittanian Imperium does nots likeses the Franksss! The Catholics Frankses are eeeevil!

(Ps, if one vassalizes the other, y'all can work together in the same realm to create an empire: that's how PyroDesu and I got the Scandinavian Empire around 20-25 years rom the year700s starting date with absolutely no other Norse pagans in the world except me, and then him later once I converted his ass. :P)

UPDATE:

PyroDesu has burned Venice to the ground and destroyed its trade post half a dozen times with much ensuing laugher, he became king of Finland proper, has like... 4-5 sons, which he will massively regret, the Scandinavian Empire is founded, Norse Faith is reformed and renamed Asatru, and I've begun to declare holy war upon English realms to eat them up from within.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: November 27, 2016, 03:22:21 am »

Oh, and we're a bunch of genetically strong geniuses somehow, despite inter-banging our bloodlines for every single generation since our first kids were born.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: November 28, 2016, 10:06:55 am »

Quick question: When precisely are you allowed to demand Gavelkind or not? I can sometimes and sometimes can't, and it would be really nice if I could. I can demand it of my Queen Lombard daughter with one county, but not of this annoying Strategos with four.

EDIT: I really don't know what let's you do anything. I was able to demand it of some people but never everyone. Weird.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:33:14 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: November 29, 2016, 09:14:10 pm »

Quick question: When precisely are you allowed to demand Gavelkind or not? I can sometimes and sometimes can't, and it would be really nice if I could. I can demand it of my Queen Lombard daughter with one county, but not of this annoying Strategos with four.

EDIT: I really don't know what let's you do anything. I was able to demand it of some people but never everyone. Weird.

Copypasta from the ckii wiki:

"If you hold a favor on the vassal, they cannot refuse. If the vassal holds a favor on you, you cannot make the demand.

Otherwise, there is a five-year cooldown and the vassal has several choices. They may offer to comply for a favor (if Conclave is enabled), offer to comply for money, or refuse. With Late Feudal or Imperial Administration, refusal is considered treachery, allowing imprisonment or revocation."

Does that explain what your're seeing?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: November 30, 2016, 12:45:06 pm »

This game is horribad for my sleep habits. 
That 'I gotta do this 1 more thing'. 
Followed by, 'Oh shit, what time is it?!  I'll wrap it up with this 1 more thing.' 
Repeated a couple times.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:55:44 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: November 30, 2016, 01:59:54 pm »

*sigh*

I got screwed. BAD.

The empire of Scandinavia is collapsing due to my now-dead previous ruler being a lunatic. My ruler was incredible, and so was his son, but he died at 54 and his lunatic son took power. We killed the lunatic off and the first 12 year old son of his brother - the TRUE heir who died earlier - took power. Terribad stats, just utter shyte all around.

We had the clever idea of pissing everyone off to get plot power up and off him.

WOOPS.

Seems executing 20 prisoners makes everyone -100 you, and some of that CARRIES OVER to the inheritor...

So now, everyone fucking hates my guts, and I'm just some dumbass 14 year old kid.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: November 30, 2016, 02:57:26 pm »

Hopefully, you can still make amends until he reaches adulthood. Right?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: November 30, 2016, 04:33:52 pm »

IF he reaches adulthood.... :| Everyone's going to hate him far into his 20s.

Good thing is, with the fucktarded hundred of ducats I'm making from raiding on a regular basis, I can afford to bribe some of these foo's.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: November 30, 2016, 05:28:31 pm »

I generally prefer not to encourage vassals to murder me no matter how bad my stats are, it's best to keep them happy and throw myself into risky situations until I die because it's less destabilising to the realm.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:45 pm »

Unfortunately I'm a perfectionist.

Not going to have another hell of a time fighting against a ridiculously high-stat relative everyone loves who owns a kingdom comprised of half my empire, when I'm stuck in a shitfest.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: December 02, 2016, 01:57:50 pm »

The next DLC has been announced: Monks & Mystics. Here are the last dev diaries, since I didn't copy+paste them here awhile.

Spoiler: Audio Mix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Back to Work (click to show/hide)

Looks like it may be coming this year... and also looks like we'll never get playable theocrats.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11292 on: December 02, 2016, 02:08:08 pm »

Looks like it may be coming this year... and also looks like we'll never get playable theocrats.
B-but muh DEUS VULT. ;-;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: December 02, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

Finally. I've wanted to join other people's plots for ages.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11294 on: December 02, 2016, 03:11:37 pm »

Finally. I've wanted to join other people's plots for ages.

Gonna make an intrigue 0 drunkard carouser and join everybody's plots.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1002