Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092801 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11175 on: October 23, 2016, 09:20:31 pm »

So I started a game of the Game of Thrones mod using the earliest start date...

I'm not sure if I should be proud of the AI or terrified for my safety. The Wildlings have been constantly taking and losing The Wall (there was one winter that lasted so long that Highgarden was suffering from harsh winter and it kinda weakened the Night's Watch\North) so I'm just going with the comfortable idea that all the exiles have started being sent to Asshai and that's why this occurred. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:22:05 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: October 26, 2016, 11:35:34 pm »

After roughly 150 years of being married to her, my wife finally got the suspicion that I might be immortal.
I don't know if this is hilarious or sad.

(We both are, and have been for 130 years or so.)
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: October 27, 2016, 02:11:51 am »

So this isn't 100% related to CK2, but I found this post on r/askhistorians, pretty interesting.

Basically it talks about how the Knights Hospitaller (aka, one of the knightly holy orders who crusaded for Jerusalem) still exist today. In fact, they're considered a sovereign nation and can even issue their own passports.

Here's their website: https://www.orderofmalta.int/

Though I find it a bit disingenuous that their website refuses to talk about their military history.

In any case, I think that's as close as we're going to get to an answer to "what would a crusader kingdom have evolved to in the modern day?"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: October 27, 2016, 04:26:35 am »

There's also, you know, Germany. The Teuton Order became Prussia which became the German Empire and so on.
Love, scriver~

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:24 am »

I thought it was more like 'Tuetons became Prussia, who got inherited by Brandenburg who became the Kingdom of Prussia, who became German Empire.'

I could be wrong though :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11180 on: October 27, 2016, 08:14:19 am »

Teutonic Order also had to conquer actual Prussians beforehand.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:46 am »

There was also the whole Naploeon thing, he made it a bit easier for Germany.

I'm reasonably sure Prussia managed to unite Germany more politically ('celt Austria, 'cause Austria were silly) through single market escapades, but it was a long time ago I learned this...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: October 27, 2016, 10:03:49 am »

It's also worth pointing out that the Knights Hospitaller is a bit more complex than that since crusading went side by side with running medical services for them. Their modern incarnation mainly focuses on medical work, and the last time they were a big deal in terms of crusading was 1565. So I'm not surprised they haven't really focused on that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: October 27, 2016, 10:27:01 am »

Looks like the next DLC may be related to intrigue.

Copying and pasting the post, because apparently some people like when I do that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: October 27, 2016, 10:48:17 am »

They've already stated in a previous devblog that one of the UI improvements they'd be looking at next would be the intrigue tab, iirc.
Love, scriver~

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: October 31, 2016, 02:03:48 pm »

Anyone available for a CK2 multiplayer game some time over the course of the next week?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:09 pm »

Quick question:

How do I enable or disable ironman? I haven't played in a while but I seem to remember there being a gauntlet near the play button that allowed you to do so but it  does not seem to be there anymore.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11187 on: November 03, 2016, 06:35:35 pm »

I think now you have more in-depth settings, and you can change a few without disabling the Iron-man (autosave frequency, various random/non-random stuff, etc.), there should be a way to access them from the character selection menu.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: November 03, 2016, 06:49:19 pm »

Thanks. Still can't seem to find it though. I have a feeling either something is wrong or I'm just completely blind

Here is a screenshot of my character select page: http://imgur.com/a/EhrkU

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: November 03, 2016, 06:50:50 pm »

If I remember correctly it'll ask you if you want to enable ironman after you hit play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1002