Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092294 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11025 on: September 10, 2016, 11:51:18 pm »

Guys the Khagan of the Mongol Empire is matrilineally married to the leader of a Norwegian Revolt against my kinsman.

wtf.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: September 11, 2016, 05:28:35 am »

Wow that random mag generator looks cool, I should try that out one day once the dev gets things a bit more solid.

Also my current character in my Reformed Romuva Republic of Lithuania campaign got the measles so his court physician cured him by making him a Eunuch. Then his wife got pregnant and he was like "Hmm I was away wasn't I?" Yes Lord Mayor, because that is the thing that should make you suspicious, not your missing junk.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:49 am »

Edit: Anyone wanna mess around with CKII+ multiplayer?
Well I started playing the Shattered World thing again and you can now be any county, and make everyone tribal with zero tech for a 100% pure equal start.
Would KINDA like to try that in MP if others are interested sometime.

Ok, question time. Anyone figure out the new goddamn childhood thing? I've been tending to go with its suggestions, things like "rowdy/willful do better with martial education" but this...doesn't actually seem to matter? Am I just unlucky or is this system exactly as bullshit as before, but with the added bonus of no guardians to correct shitty behaviors?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:13:28 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: September 11, 2016, 12:30:14 pm »

Basically, from what I understand + unintentional testing...

The traits associated with an education in a good way increase the education level they'll get in that field. Traits associated with an education in a bad way decrease the education level. They all start with level one and each trait adds one in each direction depending on its association.

That or it is less logical than that :P

EDIT: Accidentally forgot to do maths.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:41:45 pm by Iceblaster »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: September 11, 2016, 01:28:49 pm »

But there are only two trait things for each focus, and four levels per education.

Maybe there's an extra level in it for not having a drawback...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: September 11, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »

Oh. I made a mistake. Whatever. Seeing as Level one education traits imply a total lack of any skill, it makes sense for everyone to start at level two education and then have it modified by the childhood traits.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11031 on: September 11, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »

Nah, not really, I think, not that simple. There is much more to that than this.
I belive the final education level takes into account the child skill levels - those childhood traits actually give them some small (I think +1) bonuses, which is why they get replaced later on with adult level traits which have even bigger impact which leads to bigger specialization. This way, traits like genius (or imbecile, which is incidentally so fucking powerful that you will never see an imbecile kid with higher than level one education) and so on are also taken into account.
Then, educators (as in the host/guardian) own skill has an impact, smaller than before but still existant - if the educator is fucking retard then good luck getting Elusive Brilliant Midas Touched Grey Eminence Masterminds. And even then, after all this, it's still a bit random.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: September 11, 2016, 05:38:03 pm »

I wasn't even talking about the final education level. That seems entirely based on the relevant skill I.E. a kid with good martial will turn Brilliant Strategist.
I mean anyone know why the kid I was playing as who was doing so damn well in struggle/martial suddenly decided to be dull instead of brawny. The childhood traits THEMSELVES are what confuses me.

I was operating under the assumption that they were more likely to turn into the "good" associated traits if the education focus you paired them with worked good with them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems entirely randomized.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11033 on: September 11, 2016, 06:08:03 pm »

I wasn't even talking about the final education level. That seems entirely based on the relevant skill I.E. a kid with good martial will turn Brilliant Strategist.
I mean anyone know why the kid I was playing as who was doing so damn well in struggle/martial suddenly decided to be dull instead of brawny. The childhood traits THEMSELVES are what confuses me.

I was operating under the assumption that they were more likely to turn into the "good" associated traits if the education focus you paired them with worked good with them, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems entirely randomized.
Randomized, unless the educator has right traits (example - rowdy kid can turn into dull kid, but if the adult has brave, in which case he gets an event to instead make the kid brave). Choosing the right teacher matters.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: September 11, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »

Been having fun with a random map. Chose a nice big, easy kingdom on the eastern edge of a continent. It's been pretty stable so far, all revolts crushed and the like. Gavelkind did mean that the kindom I subjugated early on split back out again, but I'm fine with that. I can always take it back over later if I need to, and the years we did hold it got us net land out of it.

Overall I kinda like it. It's a nice change of pace from Europe without being too wacky.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: September 11, 2016, 08:22:35 pm »

Hmm. You guys have fun other in random land while I laugh. I mutilated the guy responsible for the revolt; turned out I took his manhood. A tough fate for a lustful guy, but he already has kids so its not like he needs them.

Meanwhile the muslims cannot catch a damn break. Soon after the Seljuks fight the Mongols to a draw, and the Fatimids white peace the 4th African Jihad, the Pope decides to protect those innocent Christians in Arabia. My sides.

That's right, the muslims are doing so poorly we are crusading for the heart of Islam now. Meanwhile the Seljuks are also probably going to lose their Anatolian territories to the Byzantines while they are busy fighitng all of Christiandom (or at least the ones who care, mostly England, the Irish, and Castile), but I don't think the crusade for Arabia will be successful. Unless I, Queen of Anatolia (among other things), intervene of course. Hmm. I really don't want the trouble of *winning* the crusade and then having to deal with bajillions of angry muslim rebels, as well as the Jihad to end all Jihads from every single remaining Muslim on the damn map, but I'm so tempted... Can I manage to help someone else win without accidentally winning myself? I tried that in Lithuania, but that's how I became Queen of Lithuania.

I don't know. If I do manage to win I might as well go on to reform Rome. All I'd need is to snatch Alexandria from the Minaids and take the Byzantine Empire Title and I'd be basically already there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: September 11, 2016, 08:31:51 pm »

I recall to get more points toward great holy war victories you fight armies, while you get a steady, but lower amount for sieges.

Just siege the Muslims and not fight them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: September 11, 2016, 09:52:58 pm »

Blech. Russia declared a Holy War for Vasterbotten (Reformed Suomensko), I'm Catholic Cornwall, inherited Vasterbotten and Nordland a while back. Equal numbers, most of Britain's armies join in my side: the Chief of Breifne, the Kings of Northumberland, Mercia, Essex, Man, and the King of Alban. Battle was going well until one of the allies brought their troops into the same province, putting me well over the crushing supply limit the far north of Scandinavia has, attritioning our troops to half their size. From there, despite a hurried hiring of mercenaries (all holy orders were working with the Knights of Calatrava defending Sardinia), it just got worse. Oh, Mercia sent twelve men, too.

A bishop expressed his concern about how taxing this war was on my coffers (income of 20.3/mo, outgoing of 154 /mo because mercs + ships + 11k troops) and gave me 3.2 gold. Thanks bruh, much appreciated.

The child king of Russia ended up taking Vasterbotten, and despite a bit of seesawing as both sides suffered horrible attrition, it tipped in the favour of the King of Rus, who gained the title "Sword of Taara". Bugger and blast.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: September 11, 2016, 11:50:27 pm »

I don't have Conclave or Reaper yet, and I've been trying to play a Zoroastrian Mongol game from the only Mongol Nomads in the Charlemagne start.

Fucking Uyghurs keep boxing me in :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: September 12, 2016, 10:18:30 am »

Somehow convinced my brother to play multiplayer yesterday. He enjoyed it. Played in the alexiad start as counts in ENgland. Me as york, him as essex.

A crusader for greece happened! We deus vulted for a few days and became 'veteran' crusaders. Then lost our armies and ran home with ours tails between our legs. Then I may have assassinated his grandson as part of a joke :P
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1002