Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092324 times)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10995 on: September 08, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »

Bought the game recently with all DLC and I have to say, its great. I'm considering writing a let's play in a semi-RP diary format, the emergent stories are almost too good not to share. Would a thread like that be welcome on the forum ? 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10996 on: September 08, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »

Bought the game recently with all DLC and I have to say, its great. I'm considering writing a let's play in a semi-RP diary format, the emergent stories are almost too good not to share. Would a thread like that be welcome on the forum ? 

I've started several that died to due various reasons entirely on my end and LordBrassroot is running one where he's trying to unite Britainia now.  Another would be fine.  Make sure it's in 'Play with your Buddies' though.  That's the subforum for that type of stuff.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: September 08, 2016, 04:01:37 pm »

Ya, this entire thread is like... 50% stories too.

You can even feel free to embellish your stories, so kinda use what happens as a guideline and add your own written plot / character development inside.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: September 08, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »

Spoiler: that's pretty gross (click to show/hide)

A bit later on the entire peninsula suffers
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: September 08, 2016, 06:45:18 pm »

Going to boot up an all-DLC multiplayer game.  Have the start time in, say, an hour.  Curious how the multiplayer plays out now.  And I kinda want to see a world where everyone creates the most insane character they can.

Game name will be "Zanzetkuken" and password will be an all lowercase "bay".
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: September 08, 2016, 08:13:02 pm »

Still planning on hosting it Zan, or did I miss it?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: September 08, 2016, 08:14:28 pm »

Still planning on hosting it Zan, or did I miss it?

Had killed it when no one showed up within the hour I specified.  Launching again now.  Same details.  Wait time will be 45 minutes.

Edit: Server is running right now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:21:32 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: September 08, 2016, 11:03:53 pm »

I did it. I'm independent. I'm off the HRE's wild ride. No more must I suffer the indignation of being a slave to the fat germans, tyrannical anglo-saxons, and 10-yr old swede. (To put into perspective how ridiculous the situation was, one generation after overthrowing the Anglo-Saxons Kaiser in favor of the more pliable Duke of Luxemborg, the Kaisers were fighting a GERMAN LIBERATION REVOLT after the Duke had no kids. This is worse then the homosexual Kaiserin who had no kids and ended the Salian line). I was able to immediately vassalize one of the two others who revolted by my side, which is even better.

Now, how can I hand off the Kingdom of Lithuania to the Teutonic order without making them feudal? I don't really want any Lithuanian land, but in my two practice attempts the head of the Teutons became the King of Lithuania as his primary title.

NINJA-EDIT: To put in perspective how far the Kaisers who ruled most of Christian Europe have fallen, immediately after we left, a war to oust the 11-year old fired. I hope they succeed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:07:59 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: September 09, 2016, 02:59:47 am »

That happen in my croatian game : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760424023

In the image Charlemagne and Carloman are still alive. Carloman is the king of France while Charlemagne is a duke in Saxony.

I didn't took attention to what was going in France, but this is what I can get from the titles histories :

-Charlemagne conquered Saxony
-Radulf ''the Fat'' von Thurigen pushed a claim on France and won.
-A Norse lord pushed a claim on Saxony and won, reducing Charlemagne to the rank of duke.
-Carloman pushed his claim on France and won, reducing Radulf back to the rank of duke.

Is it me or since Reaper's Due the ''destiny'' of the Karlings is more random between games than before?

I've had them splintered in different kingdoms has usual after Charles death, I've had them inheriting Lombardy and recreating the HRE and now Carl id the top dog while Saxony resisted Charles.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: September 09, 2016, 08:55:07 am »

Is it me or since Reaper's Due the ''destiny'' of the Karlings is more random between games than before?

I've had them splintered in different kingdoms has usual after Charles death, I've had them inheriting Lombardy and recreating the HRE and now Carl id the top dog while Saxony resisted Charles.

It's always been random, because specific deaths and other actions were random. Charlemagne could never into HRE. Occasionally Francia.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: September 09, 2016, 09:00:00 am »

Starting at an earlier date and not seeing the HRE form was always a bummer for me. Weirdly.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: September 09, 2016, 10:38:05 am »

Well, I know what I'm trying out this weekend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: September 09, 2016, 11:49:49 am »

Well, I know what I'm trying out this weekend.
Same.

I've always wanted random maps in CK2. It gets boring playing Europe constantly. The randomized history thing is pretty neat though.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11009 on: September 09, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »

Holy crap that thing is amazing. The terrain generator alone is super impressive! It seems to work ok, I'm running it now and there are no-

EDIT: Generated the first planet, it's breathtaking how good it looks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:26:09 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1002