Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090366 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10756 on: August 24, 2016, 10:41:08 am »

She's probably like "How do I even know you're MY son?"  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: August 24, 2016, 11:38:45 am »

She became a Lunatic, so I wouldn't be surprised. Runs in the family. Just like syphilis.

...which, admittedly, explains the lunacy.

This character is the first others in the realm are supporting for King... and he's a maimed, syphilitic lunatic. Should've seen this coming.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:08 am »

Found a timelapse of the diseases in the game with one of the new game rules. Apparently Mali is immune to disease.

I thought that the Black Death would be an epic event that rolls through maybe twice a game, but in that video it hits four times before 1000AD. Not sure if that's intended or a bug. Hopefully it's just a bug, seeing as it hit IRL much later even though it recurred after that. Having it hit in ~800 and keep recurring throughout your entire game would suck.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: August 25, 2016, 01:53:50 am »

You can choose whether epidemics are scripted, historical-but-dynamic or completely random. My money is on diseases being on random if Black Death keeps jumping around.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: August 25, 2016, 02:08:49 am »

My understanding is that the intention is for Black Death to have one "global epidemic", after which it loses some of its infectiousness and becomes more like other diseases during future breakouts. Which is how it actually happened, but yeah, it looks like the endemic version is still too powerful. I figure it should be about the same as we see smallpox being, but with increased lethality.

What I'm really curious about is syphilis during Sunset Invasion games. It's already one of the more hazardous diseases in the game, and the historical European syphilis epidemic was more infectious than...anything. Hopefully it's appropriately powerful, and smallpox has some kind of special modifier for Aztecs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24:52 am »

I presume in Sunset Invasion, Aztecs have already been hit by smallpox etc from Vikings, recovered and gained immunity to it. It would be a pretty silly War of the Worlds style invasion otherwise.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: August 25, 2016, 02:27:49 am »

That doesn't mesh with the existing Sunset Invasion story, where halfway through the main Aztec Empire cuts off support to the invaders because they're suddenly being ravaged by smallpox from the slaves they took.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: August 25, 2016, 03:45:52 am »

Oh, okay, I haven't really played with the invasion.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: August 25, 2016, 09:11:54 am »

Found a timelapse of the diseases in the game with one of the new game rules. Apparently Mali is immune to disease.

I thought that the Black Death would be an epic event that rolls through maybe twice a game, but in that video it hits four times before 1000AD. Not sure if that's intended or a bug. Hopefully it's just a bug, seeing as it hit IRL much later even though it recurred after that. Having it hit in ~800 and keep recurring throughout your entire game would suck.
That specific timelapse was with more and deadlier plagues enabled. Its not a bug, the whole point is that plagues happen as much as possible on that setting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:13:44 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:19 am »

Well now, they've added more options to the game start.

You can now choose whether the black death arrives at random, doesn't arrive, is historical etc., mongols can be randomised, historic, or disabled, aztecs can be 13th century, randomised or disabled, shattered retreat can be disabled and so can defensive pacts.

You can also set gender equality, de jure drift/assimilation, culture conversion speed, religious conversion speed, adventurer frequency, raiding (historical, unrestricted (!), only adventurers), control interfaith marriages (aww yes), court invitation difficulty, diplomatic range, regencies, revolts, pagan attrition, pagan reformation, set if assassination is plot-only or direct too, like in older versions, and quite a few more. Holy shit. This is brilliant.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: August 25, 2016, 10:53:33 am »

Well now, they've added more options to the game start.

You can now choose whether the black death arrives at random, doesn't arrive, is historical etc., mongols can be randomised, historic, or disabled, aztecs can be 13th century, randomised or disabled, shattered retreat can be disabled and so can defensive pacts.
You can also set gender equality, de jure drift/assimilation, culture conversion speed, religious conversion speed, adventurer frequency, raiding (historical, unrestricted (!), only adventurers), control interfaith marriages (aww yes), court invitation difficulty, diplomatic range, regencies, revolts, pagan attrition, pagan reformation, set if assassination is plot-only or direct too, like in older versions, and quite a few more. Holy shit. This is brilliant.
Keep in mind that some of the rules disable achievements, for those who care about them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: August 25, 2016, 12:25:26 pm »

My save was in the perfect time - first comes the Plague, and the very moment it passes, the Mongols invade! Every religion's Authority should be way down with all these Scourges of God.

I'm fine, though. The Plague failed to kill my 8-year-old Duchess (as in, I caught the Plague and beat it right back down), but it has killed nearly every surviving Karling. Oh, how I've dreamed of this day.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:49 pm »

Bear in mind that the special new game rule that was enabled in that Video is "Deadlier Epidemics". The devs have warned not to use that option if you intend to play a game all the way through. You are right though, that Black Death was spooky. "You think It's over? Think again fuckers!"

I heard that performance has increased radically, especially on speed five. Can anyone confirm?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: August 25, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

Yes, I feel as if there is a noticeable difference. But I haven't played too much or too long yet.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 1002