Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090514 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10710 on: August 14, 2016, 04:47:40 am »

I mean its cousins, so you should probably be ok for just one generation?  I would think.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10711 on: August 14, 2016, 04:56:04 am »

>can marry your genius character to another genius but is afraid of inbreeding
Dude wat.
It's not like it will be 100% chance (nobody actually knows how it works, it's apparently dependent on your character "DNA" string so the closer the bigger chance) your kids will be inbreed and you can always just "remove" those that are.
At worst you can go with it, being inbred only has like 25% chance to be passed on next kids in line and if your character is inbred and genius it basically nullifies each other in terms of capabilities, so your character will only have shitty health and low fertility.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: August 14, 2016, 06:35:26 am »

If you've got the right DLCs and can conquer some land that's Zoroastrian you can also reduce the Inbred chance in exchange for a higher Lunatic chance by converting.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: August 14, 2016, 08:18:28 am »

It's pretty damn hard to get an inbred, keep that in mind.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: August 14, 2016, 09:25:41 am »

Indeed, I've had families that marry into their own lines multiple times in a few generations and still only get 1 inbred among 12 kids between cousins who are themselves descended from cousins intermarrying.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: August 14, 2016, 11:30:33 am »

There's a reason why inbred is an achievement.

However, the fun of incest is everlasting.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: August 14, 2016, 03:50:52 pm »

There's a reason why inbred is an achievement.

However, the fun of incest is everlasting.
As is the horror of unexpected familial intimacy.

In one of my first games playing as an Irish lord, I decided to flip through my family tree after a few generations. I found that one of my older relatives had paired up with his own granddaughter, or grandniece, or something to that effect. :o
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #10717 on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:41 pm »

I picked up Horse Lords. Wow are Nomads overpowered.

Started as Karlukid (one of the minor Khagans in the NE corner of the map, with no sub khans) in 769. Huge success with conquering and raiding neighboring muslims.

Fast forward 32 years and I just finished conquering the Abbasid empire. From 4 counties to taking out the Abbasid blob in 32 years is a bit silly. I wasn't aiming for some kind of speed run either, so if someone focused on that I'm sure they could do better.

The way the mechanics work I could probably take over the entire map before 1066 and have the whole thing my culture and religion.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: August 14, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »

Yep. That's pretty much nomads for ya'.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: August 15, 2016, 12:45:06 am »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: August 15, 2016, 08:04:06 pm »

could anyone explain why certain armies can stack 40k units onto my 20k supply province and not take attrition damage?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: August 15, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »

could anyone explain why certain armies can stack 40k units onto my 20k supply province and not take attrition damage?
Tech?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: August 15, 2016, 08:09:19 pm »

Tech?
More 'n likely.

I think some generals abilities also have an effect on attrition.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: August 15, 2016, 08:32:20 pm »

Could I get an example of this that would result in this?

Also, I just had a holy war declared for an entire kingdom of mine. How do I declare a holy war for an entire kingdom(sheikdom?) of theirs?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: August 15, 2016, 08:51:15 pm »

Could I get an example of this that would result in this?

Also, I just had a holy war declared for an entire kingdom of mine. How do I declare a holy war for an entire kingdom(sheikdom?) of theirs?

There are some things you can build in your capital to make attrition less of an issue - some of such depend on your culture, religion and government - and the Military Organization branch of the military technology tree research things also improve supply limit by 12.5% per level.

There are also two different types of attrition, one which involves being over supply limit of a province - nasty one - and one that involves how well supplied your troops are, which basically means you need to be near a province you control (holding an enemy province as a result of a siege counts, but gives less supplies) or your attrition rate will go up the longer they are out of supply - less of a nasty one, but something you'll want to fix.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1002