Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090430 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10665 on: August 05, 2016, 07:41:50 pm »

I present my Bavaria, the di*k of Europe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the Pope is black.

Have a nice weekend!
The pope is nearly always black if Islam collapses and the Mali region becomes catholic somehow. Or if there are enough republics that family members keep getting jungle fever and bringing back African-portraited wives.

As happened in my FREEDOM RUSSIA campaign. Russia was ruled by the medieval Obama administration for a bit there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: August 05, 2016, 09:43:10 pm »

Question: If "Born in the Purple" is suppose to give my sons more right to be my heir, why is my first non-purple son still my heir? Is there a way to make my preferred son heir?

I sort of don't want to play CK2 until I know this answer. Please, someone has to have a clue.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: August 05, 2016, 09:52:55 pm »

Question: If "Born in the Purple" is suppose to give my sons more right to be my heir, why is my first non-purple son still my heir? Is there a way to make my preferred son heir?

I sort of don't want to play CK2 until I know this answer. Please, someone has to have a clue.

If you want to avoid kinslaying I think you can make him take the vows if you own Sons of Abraham. Could also imprison then blind him (I think Greek disallows blind inheritance.) Don't think there is a direct way to disinherit without mods.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: August 05, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »

Pretty sure Born in the Purple only matters for the Empire. Lower titles won't care.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: August 05, 2016, 10:18:06 pm »

Pretty sure Born in the Purple only matters for the Empire. Lower titles won't care.

The purple son isn't inheriting anything at all, nor is he my heir. The last time I had a younger purple son we was my heir and was going to inherit everything. This game is so obscure I can't tell features from bugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:00 pm »

I did a little digging.  Born in the Purple affects inheritance for the Byzantine Empire, as does the Despot title; the two have equal priority, so granting an elder son not born in the purple the title Despot will rank them equivalently with the purpleborn.  These do not affect lesser titles within the Byzantine Empire, however, and holding a kingdom specifically tends to affect succession in very "interesting" ways when you're Basileus kai Autokrator Rhomaion.  As such, holding the Kingdom yourself is rather counter-indicated; the only reason you should form it under usual circumstances should be to give it away to keep your vassal limit in check.  If your first heir is, as you mentioned, a republican burgher as well, that may affect inheritance for the Byzantine Empire title, which has some hard-coded interactions with Born in the Purple and Despot, but I have found no indication that it should prevent Republican inheritance.  Unfortunately, without any of the information requested by umiman, I can't really say too much more. 

An easy way to work it, though, seems to be to give away the Kingdom of Greece as a viceroyalty.  As the Byzzies, you should have the laws in place regardless of the legalism requirements.  In that manner, its inheritance by your eldest son won't strip you of your Greek demesne as it simply won't be inherited by your eldest son; it'll be held in trust by whomever you grant it to until they keel over, at which point it will be returned.  If your eldest heir at this point isn't also Born to the Purple or a Despot, however, you'll get to do it again.  You can also destroy the title if your prestige and vassal opinion can take the blow. 

If you're absolutely intent on holding both the Empire and Kingdom, I won't stop you.  It does, however, mean certain actions must be taken to get your eldest son out of the picture.  It's been a long while since I've had to disinherit someone, but some more poking around suggests that you can do it by making them a bishop (not possible; already a burgher), forcing them to take vows, execute them, chop off their nadgers, or convince him to join a holy order (also unlikely due to being a ruler).  I saw indications that a Doge also cannot inherit feudal titles, but I've also seen counterexamples that suggest that a Doge can and will do so, so that may not be a viable option. 

EDIT:

The purple son isn't inheriting anything at all, nor is he my heir. The last time I had a younger purple son we was my heir and was going to inherit everything. This game is so obscure I can't tell features from bugs.
He isn't inheriting anything at all?  Not even the Byzantine Empire itself?  Do you have any demesne lands outside the de jure Kingdom of Greece?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:21:39 pm by Culise »

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: August 05, 2016, 11:14:28 pm »

Are you sure your son isn't a pure bastard, blind, or otherwise incapable of lordship? Sounds a bit weird that he wouldn't get anything from purple-blood.

Can you also take a screenshot of your purple-born son and the succession laws for your titles? Just being able to see traits and such will help a lot.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:16:43 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: August 06, 2016, 02:14:08 pm »

Thanks for the long post Culsie. While I solved my first problem (both my sons actually somehow ended up republics so I revoked vassals until I  was in charge of my heir, then took away his city, then gave him control over the Kingdom of Greece) it was very informative, as well as solving my second problem. I did not know that the despot title affected inheritance, but switching the title to my desired heir worked and everything is fine.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: August 06, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »

New question. Why do my armies suddenly lose all their morale? We fight for a few days, the enemy morale is dropping rapidly, we have them outnumbered and outteched, then *bam*, my center goes to zero morale and routes. ~70% to 0% in one tick. The leader didn't even die.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: August 06, 2016, 03:54:12 pm »

You're probably changing from the skirmish phase to the melee phase. The skirmish phase is very slow and does only small amounts of morale and troop damage, the melee phase rapidly decides things in favour of the army that's better suited to it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: August 06, 2016, 03:59:09 pm »

You're probably changing from the skirmish phase to the melee phase. The skirmish phase is very slow and does only small amounts of morale and troop damage, the melee phase rapidly decides things in favour of the army that's better suited to it.
Numbers and positioning matter, but so does army composition, commander skill, and tactics. Did you have a lot of light infantry against, say, horse archers?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: August 06, 2016, 04:05:57 pm »

Its also possible you're putting a disproportionately weak flank against an disproportionately strong one.  Sometimes when enemy armies employ mercs they'll have most of their army in one flank, usually the center one.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: August 06, 2016, 05:54:37 pm »

Combat in CK2 is pretty complex, all things considered. It's a right shame we can't see flank composition before battle, though.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: August 06, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »

Combat in CK2 is pretty complex, all things considered. It's a right shame we can't see flank composition before battle, though.

A whole bunch of stuff goes into it yeah, but at the end of the day its mostly who outnumbers who
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: August 06, 2016, 06:19:35 pm »

A whole bunch of stuff goes into it yeah, but at the end of the day its mostly who outnumbers who

Nope. I've gone through rebel armies that are several times larger than my horde as a nomad and wiped the floor with them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1002