Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2089966 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10455 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:31 am »

Such a little boy and already glorious.

Won my first great holy war as reformed Romuva (Want an easy achivement for reformation, play as Romuva at Charlemange). High Priest slacked off on ending it for some reason but it all ended well.
Should I just jettison my new Kingdom from teenage wasteland? It seems that I actually can't though. Maybe let gravelkind take care.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: May 10, 2016, 04:19:54 pm »

Question: How long does it take to get 100% warscore when taking out an isolated temple?

I've taken over Ireland as Celtic religion Pictland, and there was a stupid Papacy controlled temple. I easily took control of it and figured that the ticking warscore for owning it would eventually hit 100%, but it has been stuck at 32% for years now. Do I really need to somehow get troops over to Rome to actually take this place? That seems moronic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: May 10, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

Question: How long does it take to get 100% warscore when taking out an isolated temple?

I've taken over Ireland as Celtic religion Pictland, and there was a stupid Papacy controlled temple. I easily took control of it and figured that the ticking warscore for owning it would eventually hit 100%, but it has been stuck at 32% for years now. Do I really need to somehow get troops over to Rome to actually take this place? That seems moronic.

I do believe that recent patches have made it so that as an attacker you can't go above 75% warscore after only attacking armies (not your problem in this one) but I think they also hang about at 99% warscore if you haven't won a major battle and the war has lasted less than 3 years.

Not sure why it would stick at 32%, but hovering over the warscore percentage indicator usually tells you what's affecting it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: May 10, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

I've got a bunch of little 3% or so battle victories from the tiny armies he sent against me for a while, plus 17% for owning the site. That's it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: May 10, 2016, 10:34:01 pm »

So capture more sites. Controlling whole target will cause warscore to tick down, but reward for sites themselves tied to size of the enemy.

Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:20 am »

Yeah, you'll have to. Wars over holdings in counties you own don't award ticking war score.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: May 11, 2016, 06:18:26 am »

Furthermore, when you capture a holding you also loot it, giving you a small, but welcome, amount of money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: May 11, 2016, 06:25:10 am »

Do you get to loot the province if you target a holding of someone who don't own the county title?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: May 11, 2016, 06:30:11 am »

Do you get to loot the province if you target a holding of someone who don't own the county title?

Yes, though I do believe the amount of money that gets protected by the other sites in the province is taken into account.

However, if you're just raiding the province, I think it only targets the sites of the county owner, which is weird.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: May 11, 2016, 06:40:06 am »

So in the end I left my Mongol Empire to the AI and took over some germanic count in Saxiony. I helped install a germanic ruler on the throne, but the deluge of non-stop holy war and host's attack convinced me to emigrate to Ireland. I took over Ireland and Scotland, raided a bit to reform the faith and created a trade republic. Since I keep having to bail out the AI everytime I'm not the doge, I don't think I'm quite willing to let the AI take over and jump to another character yet. I'm probably going to finish the conquest of Brittannia and make sure every family got at least a duchy's worth of castle to generate levies.

In other news, the AI sucks. When I left the mongol Empire, my clan had 140k population, my horde was about 24k and I had a huge stash of cash (6000+gold). One hundred years late, the clan's population is down to 60k, and the Kaghan's troops count is just over 11k, depspite the fact that he subjugated the Abbassid caliphate and the Egyptian sultanate. The Mongol Empire even lost a couple holy wars against the Byzantine!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: May 11, 2016, 09:35:56 am »

Yeah, you'll have to. Wars over holdings in counties you own don't award ticking war score.

What a pain. This is in Ireland at the Charlemagne start, and the only holding the Papacy actually has other than this are all in Italy. Boats aren't much of a thing yet.

What a stupid rule. Why the hell is it easier for people to keep a random holding on the other side of the world than it is to keep a whole province? I might just cheat to kick the warscore up to 100. After 20 years of him not even trying to take it back I think it is reasonable to say it's mine.
Come play Mafia with us!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:19 am »

It's probable that only county capitals count towards controlling the county for the ticking warscore boost, since the papal holding isn't the county capital it doesn't get to count for the accumulated score even though you otherwise own the place.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: May 11, 2016, 11:50:17 am »

Probably an oversight, because if someone control, say, 2 counties in a Duchy and you Holy War him, you get ticking war score when you control all his holdings in the target duchy.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: May 11, 2016, 01:57:47 pm »

Probably an oversight, because if someone control, say, 2 counties in a Duchy and you Holy War him, you get ticking war score when you control all his holdings in the target duchy.
Rather than an oversight, I'd go so far as to say that it's a bug.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: May 17, 2016, 02:25:18 am »

It's been about 3 or 4 centuries and world isn't what it used to be. Most Central Europe is controlled by Reformed Romuva Wendish Empire, and Most of the West is controlled by Ummayads. Catholics still hold Italy and shores of France, but is plagued by heresies. At least they took Rome back from Germanics. England is still fragmented - only Eire is united and going strong. Reformed Germanic Khazars are at constant struggle against caliphates.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1002