Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092230 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10230 on: April 01, 2016, 04:58:15 pm »

My two failures to depose the Frankish antipope earned me nickname "The Bewitched". Which I think is a bit unfair, although would explain how almost even fights tend to go so wrong.

My heir god his dad's kingdom which is good because I once again will hold two and I got his vote, but also bad because he's going to marry by himself. Right now I don't know what to do. Try to prepare for rematch against Frankish empire, I guess?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: April 01, 2016, 11:14:35 pm »

Is this how you raid your neigbours? I couldn't figure it out.
Raiding neighbors is pretty much the same as using boats, you just have to share a border.  You set the army to looting mode, march them over, and they send the gold back to you constantly instead of filling a boat.  Your looting army has to be adjacent to one of your provinces though (or a boat) or they can't loot anything.

I think they'll still trigger hostility and have the option to siege, the gold will just be "lost" (that's what your men presumably say :P).  Which can be of some use when preparing for an actual war.

You still get the gold from razing the settlement upon winning the siege, I think.  If so, it can still be worthwhile.

My two failures to depose the Frankish antipope earned me nickname "The Bewitched". Which I think is a bit unfair, although would explain how almost even fights tend to go so wrong.

My heir god his dad's kingdom which is good because I once again will hold two and I got his vote, but also bad because he's going to marry by himself. Right now I don't know what to do. Try to prepare for rematch against Frankish empire, I guess?

In my experience, the player always loses "almost even" fights, so I always try to overpower the AI, even if I can only overpower the AI locally due to their superiority in numbers.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: April 02, 2016, 02:09:50 am »

If my duke has a heir that is also a heir to foreign county, I should get this county, right?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: April 02, 2016, 02:57:00 am »

After all those years I finally fulfilled my grandma's dream and overthrown Frankish antipope. But how do I convince pope to grant me invasion?

Gravelkind is really confusing. My oldest son gets my wife's title and my second son gets mine? And that changed after my third son was born?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:17:20 am by Sirbug »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: April 02, 2016, 11:24:08 am »

I'm annoyed. I tried to start up a new game as a Celtic ruler of Pictland, but after about a month in-game I get a blank event with blank pop-ups. If I click on them, I get more blank events. Can't get rid of them and can't hide them.

Not sure if it is the ancient religions mod or something else breaking, but it's basically unplayable.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: April 02, 2016, 11:29:48 am »

I'm annoyed. I tried to start up a new game as a Celtic ruler of Pictland, but after about a month in-game I get a blank event with blank pop-ups. If I click on them, I get more blank events. Can't get rid of them and can't hide them.

Not sure if it is the ancient religions mod or something else breaking, but it's basically unplayable.
Likely the mod. Is it compatible with Conclave? Sometimes a mod won't crash when used with an incompatible game version, but will result in permanent blank events.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: April 02, 2016, 11:47:37 am »

I'm married to a duchess that is vassal of my enemy, and my firstborn son will inherit duchy from her but not from me, and he's married to another duchess in the very same enemy realm. To pull this scheme out I'll have to wait till I have grandson, murder my daughter-in-law, murder my grandson, die, let my proper heir murder my son. Easy.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: April 02, 2016, 12:00:38 pm »

Likely the mod. Is it compatible with Conclave? Sometimes a mod won't crash when used with an incompatible game version, but will result in permanent blank events.
It's 100% a mod issue. I had it happen to me too and after I tossed one of my mods (I think it was Helgi's Rebels) it was fixed.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: April 02, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »

On a related note, when I end feast, instead of actual text tooltip says something like TOOLTIP (Don't remember exact text)

Anyone knows what this is? Missing file? Can I repair it?

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: April 02, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »

Started as duke of Niederlothringen in 1066 HIP. I am now king of France, Frisia, Niederlothringen and Oderlothringen. Still on my first character.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: April 02, 2016, 01:55:13 pm »

That sounds like localization issues.

I'd verify integrity of game cache through ck2 steam properties.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: April 02, 2016, 02:20:16 pm »

On a related note, when I end feast, instead of actual text tooltip says something like TOOLTIP (Don't remember exact text)

Anyone knows what this is? Missing file? Can I repair it?
I think everyone gets that. Certainly I've seen it personally and from a couple other people.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: April 02, 2016, 04:32:29 pm »

Happens to me in one of the tournament events. The ending one, I think?

I had three heirs. One was assassinated, one died of pneumonia and the last one to a regular illness. No introducing to the realm from now on because the -1 health from depression definitely didn't help them. I could've inherited Denmark, damn it.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: April 02, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »

After all those years I finally fulfilled my grandma's dream and overthrown Frankish antipope. But how do I convince pope to grant me invasion?

Gravelkind is really confusing. My oldest son gets my wife's title and my second son gets mine? And that changed after my third son was born?
Gavelkind is "divide everything up fairly". The AI sometimes makes weird decisions about that, but you can offset them by handing out land and titles to your children before you die.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: April 03, 2016, 01:38:52 am »

For some reason inheritance shifted back to my first-born son. God damn it son! Turned out he has six bastards and not a single legitimate kid.

And it looks like I will once again lose all my titles because somehow my imperial inheritance turned to seniority while all kingdom are in gravelkind. God damn it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:44:20 am by Sirbug »
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1002