Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19824 times)

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:03 pm »

It's wasn't all that bad for me. I felt a bit awkward, got acne, and started growing hair in specific places. And the hormones made me think differently, but I don't remember it being all that big of a deal. As others have said, everyone is going through it at your age, so don't sweat it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:20 pm »

So don't sweat it.
Though you will be sweating. A lot.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2010, 02:21:50 pm »

I thought 16 was late blooming for puberty? My social group seems to have gone through the process at about 12-15. Then again, it could just be all the growth hormones and good ol' Midwest corn.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2010, 03:47:16 pm »

I was... eleven? Perhaps even twelve when it started for me. I was told a bit about it so I braced for some rather heaving emotions. Not as intense as I suspected, and my libido posed no problems whatsoever. I was awkward for a good period of time but I attribute this not to puberty but to my inherent awkwardness that caused me much grief in elementary school.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »

I never faced too much trouble with the whole "suddenly girls are pretty damn awesome" part of puberty. Some of my friends had it pretty rough though.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »

Well I'll never get into a romantic relationship with girls. :L
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:48 pm »

I heard. The list is growing. If you add me on steam almost half of my friends would be batting for both or the other team as it were.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2010, 06:58:09 pm »

Oh whoa hey hell no. Did not mean it in that sense at all. I meant it in the whole... (there really is no other way to say this so bear with me).. the sense of "oh hey libido whatcha doin- NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BONERS" thing. I was able to repress all the awkwardness and maintain control over what my body was doin.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2010, 07:06:03 pm »

Oh whoa hey hell no. Did not mean it in that sense at all. I meant it in the whole... (there really is no other way to say this so bear with me).. the sense of "oh hey libido whatcha doin- NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR BONERS" thing. I was able to repress all the awkwardness and maintain control over what my body was doin.
"Alright you, I'll let you do that in the mornings so long as you don't pull that crap here. Why the hell DO you do that in the mornings anyway?"
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2010, 07:12:07 pm »

Oh man, sleepovers and hot tubs were so awkward during those years. There were like, all of 10 other guys out of the 90 in my class that could keep in control. I'll admit I was kind of an ass to the other dudes by being the person who suggested we get out of the water.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »

"Alright you, I'll let you do that in the mornings so long as you don't pull that crap here. Why the hell DO you do that in the mornings anyway?"
Morning wood is actually a sign of good health.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2010, 09:41:45 pm »

I never faced too much trouble with the whole "suddenly girls are pretty damn awesome" part of puberty. Some of my friends had it pretty rough though.

Had to do that with both boys and girls. Not so fun in a homophobic family. Blurgh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2010, 12:07:02 am »

I'm lucky--I always hung out with guys when I was growing up, so the main thing I had to learn was to stop shoulder-punching other women.  There was no real "hey, you guys are suddenly hot and amazing, wow!" stage.

Eh.  I ended up feeling mild attraction towards both men and women, but it was so insignificant that I ignored it/couldn't really tell it was happening until later.  Back then, I pretty much didn't talk at all to anyone, so any advances my silly hormonal brain might have made just looked like awkward overtures of acquaintanceship.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2010, 12:12:52 am »

As I believe I've stated before, all of my friends growing up were hormonally overdosed boys. I'm actually surprised I'm one of the two who ended up gay.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2010, 12:28:06 am »

I'm lucky--I always hung out with guys when I was growing up, so the main thing I had to learn was to stop shoulder-punching other women.  There was no real "hey, you guys are suddenly hot and amazing, wow!" stage.
Hello bizzarro me. Those chicks who hung out with me almost got me into anime. Almost. But they were all punk girls who roughed around, so I suppose I didn't get influenced by femininity too much. And it meant I saw every girl as my sister.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11