Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19846 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12:54 am »

God damn it, I'm 18 and puberty still refuses to finally end.

I've grown fairly tall, and my voice has gotten deeper, but I still have acne and very bad facial hair.

My advice is to not worry about what other people think of you, especially if they are going through puberty themselves.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 11:29:53 am »

I think mine just disappeared in the general noise of psychological problems at the time. then again, it may have triggered some of them, i dunno.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:22 am »

My advice is to not worry about what other people think of you, especially if they are going through puberty themselves.

This.

Also, don't wear sweatpants if you're going to be around hot chicks.  That's just stupid.

Meh.  I'm 20 and haven't put on enough fat to make it look like I'm "done," so I get a lot of comments about my being a lesbian or 14 or something  :-\  Fortunately, the raging at everything is finally starting to mellow out--though that may be a function of personality more than maturation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 11:43:01 am »

Very true, I've recently learned that everyone goes through the same thing more or less. That's everyone, they're all just hiding it.

Also, don't wear sweatpants if you're going to be around hot chicks.  That's just stupid.
But sweatpants are all I've got :-\ .

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 11:52:43 am »

Also, don't wear sweatpants.  That's just stupid.

Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 11:58:37 am »

Also, don't wear sweatpants.  That's just stupid.

I used to be able to get away with it, because everyone thought they were kung fu pants >_>  But there was this one skeevy bastard in my biotech class, and... er...

I'm sure you can see where this is going, so I won't elaborate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »

I don't remember a lot from those years with puberty.  My voice changed quickly over the summer, which led to hilariousness when I returned to choir class that year.  I was a baritone the previous year, so the teacher put me with the tenors at first.  Roll call went something like: "here! here! here! HERE. here!"

And,

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 01:24:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 01:26:28 pm »

You two are insane.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 01:29:03 pm »

Yeah dudes, that's a little weird.

I don't know what to say about puberty really, I don't think about it anymore.  I do remember that all in the space of one year, I learned how to fight (as in, gained the mental acuity to throw coordinated punches), my personality changed a bit, I got crazy dandruff from my skin drying out, my voice dropped like three octaves in a couple months, started growing a mustache, and exactly one time did I have to rapidly adjust my pants in public, when I had stand on my desk for a quick "Happy Birthday".  (Nailed the shift, by the way.)

Otherwise, who the Hell knows.  Just remember, it's a couple years, you'll never see 99% of these people again the rest of your life, and they're all as uncomfortable as you are.

I used to be able to get away with it, because everyone thought they were kung fu pants >_>  But there was this one skeevy bastard in my biotech class, and... er...

I'm sure you can see where this is going, so I won't elaborate.

Not exactly.  The only problem I can see with sweats+puberty is for guys and that's all geometry.  But, don't elaborate it if you don't think it should be elaborated.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:01 pm »

Ah, no--I was talking about the skeevy bastard, not me.  And yes, it was a geometry problem.  He... really liked chatting up the girls.

I've never had problems with clothing, other than being tiny and wearing dresses that were too large.  But I'm sure that most women would have known better than I did  ::)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »

On the subject of don't wear sweatpants, have I told you guys the story of my horrible zip-up sweatpants when I was like 12 in boy scouts?

Yeah, sweatpants with a zipper, and the zipper was longer than the cut, so it bent outward.  I guess they just thought I really liked scouting.
Shoes...

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 01:50:37 pm »

They put zippers on sweatpants? Never seen/heard of that.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 01:59:11 pm »

Spoiler'd huge rant on my crazy puberty and metabolism.

Sweatpants aren't bad, just don't use the horrible zipper ones and make sure they're not too tight, for obvious reasons :P. Jeans is pretty much an all purporse pants thats acceptable in almost any normal circustance.

Anyway, puberty is not something that depends on you anyway, so just let things happen naturally, asking about other people's puberty will only help if they're phisically similar to you, since the ammount of hormones you develop is pretty much a key factor, but here's some general tips: find a good way to clean your skin and do it often, though, it'll help with the acne, alot. Shave when needed, and and trim hair in "other parts" if it grows alot and stands out too much. I SAID TRIM, DON'T SHAVE IT OR YOU'LL REGRET IT >:C.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:01:03 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 02:04:01 pm »

Now I'm worried. You speak about that acne as if it's a common horrible disease, but in terms of stuff kickeing out of face and being ugly, I... I can recall maybe three people from my high school class with such skin problems.

Where do you guys live that you have 'acne's being so common? O.o'

I don't think I had any of these, maybe few.

Maybe something was wrong with me? D:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11