Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19829 times)

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 04:13:31 am »

Puberty happens. You get hormones, you find a member of (usually) the opposite gender to release those feelings with, and life goes on. That's the normal order of things, anyway. The reason today's teenagers have so many problems is because they aren't having enough sex.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 04:41:15 am »

Imagine what upper-class Victorian teenagers must have dealt with back in the day.

B12 is more mature then most so I posted here

this is one of those 'teenagers are terrible judges of character' moments

I suppose he means we don't go "lol n00b" at the drop of a hat.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 05:07:51 am »

yes. More mature doesn't necessary imply that this community can be defined mature. it is just that most other are even worse.
I mean, 2 pages and the discussion is actually polite and people shared some experiences without inventing totally unbelievable stories.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 07:32:33 am »

Puberty is pretty hard.

I mean, you finally get some facial hair and you try to grow some awesome beard but the results are pretty pitiful. *sigh* So i decided to kill the beast and try again when i`m older.

And yes, todays teenager don`t have enough sex. I point it out often enough to the girls, but alas they won`t listen.  ::)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 08:21:29 am »

I think I hit puberty pretty early. I was about 12 or 13 when I started growing neck hair. I wonder what happens when I turn 16 though... I'm already 6'2" (about 187cm I think) and 250 pounds.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:13 am »

I'm not sure exactly when I 'hit' puberty, but in the past two years I've grown a foot, Gotten a deeper voice, and become hairier. No voice cracks or acne. So I suppose it really depends on the person.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:37 am »

I'm not sure exactly when I 'hit' puberty, but in the past two years I've grown a foot, Gotten a deeper voice, and become hairier. No voice cracks or acne. So I suppose it really depends on the person.
No voice cracks?Do you mean your voice never broke or just no low,then high pitch?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 08:52:44 am »

I will just jump into this thread because you people mention 'acne', what the hell is that?

*grabs notepad so he will learn moar of English words*

:P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:05 am »

That's the red blobs people get on their foreheads.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 08:59:39 am »

No voice cracks?Do you mean your voice never broke or just no low,then high pitch?
Neither. It was all very gradual.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:05 am »

That's the red blobs people get on their foreheads.

Ah, those. Few of my classmates had those ugly things. Ah, puberty, it was so long ago...

*feels damn old*
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 10:16:17 am »

My puberty was pretty easy, except for getting easily annoyed. I thought I had avoided acne pretty well, never got any then, BAM!, my senior year in high school I got it pretty bad but thankfully it subsided before college.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:53 am »

I really didn't have a problem with puberty. The voice change was subtle, I never myself noticed a difference, other people did. I got taller, I got more hair. I did sometimes feel the urge to bang everything in sight, but I kept myself under control. I'd say the only bad part was the itchiness of new hair growth. Well, Shaving can also be a pain.

I guess I got lucky.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 10:37:07 am »

I'm fourteen and I haven't felt any urges to bang anyone yet. Go me!

Seriously, I think the only sign of puberty is me growing taller. Or am I too young for puberty to start?

United Forenia Forever!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:51 am »

I'm fourteen and I haven't felt any urges to bang anyone yet. Go me!

Seriously, I think the only sign of puberty is me growing taller. Or am I too young for puberty to start?
Usually it starts with growing taller, and then hair, coupled with hormones. And then the hormones make you want to couple, so to speak.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11