Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 21981 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 7
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2010, 02:41:07 pm »

well let's kick wolf and get on with this then?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:48 pm »

Very well. If he doesn't post before I do the turn, I'll auto-rest him. Thoughts on what should be done about replacing him?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »

either open up a new slot and say he died of sickness, or make him an NPC under his current lords control like the militia commander.
Nom nom nom

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2010, 03:38:50 am »

ok sorry for missing a few turns (might not have i suppose) but i was working on an assignment, am i still in this?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2010, 08:50:20 am »

The turn's not out, so I suppose yes, you're still in.

The more the merrier.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »

ok sorry for missing a few turns (might not have i suppose) but i was working on an assignment, am i still in this?
Yes, please post an action.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2010, 04:11:58 am »

because i am slightly out of context with the game atm
Finish my spell
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 06, 2010, 03:25:37 pm »

Sorry for the long update delay. The turn is a little over half done. I've decided to stop tracking XP for civilian jobs. Instead, uneducated people will work at half effectiveness for three turns after switching jobs. Educated citizens will be able to learn as many skills as they want, but all at one level. If anybody was particularly attached to the old system, now's the time to complain.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8
« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »

((I'm going to simplify things. Not all units will have levels, and military levels will work a bit differently. Changes:
Civilians now work at a base rate of 4/turn.
Having Good Tools will increase this to 6/turn.
Having an overseer skilled at their job will increase this by +1/person, for up to 50 people working at the same task.
Poor Tools will be renamed to Tools.
Metalsmiths may make 4 tools/turn, or 2 good tools/turn. With good tools, they'll make 6/3.
Tools and good tools now break at a rate of 0-10%, rather then 0-5%. [of population using tools. Most everybody does]
Limit of 5 educated people. They may learn any number of skills, including magic, but must spend 1-5 turns learning how to do whatever it is they'll do.
To encourage diversity, people work at half effectiveness at a civilian job for three turns before they become skilled in it. They forget their previous skills instantly when switching, to simplify my record keeping.

Military levels:
L1 - New Recruit, 1 HP
L2 - Militia - +1att, 2 HP
L3 - Green - +1 att, +1def, 3 HP
L4 - Regular - +2att, +1 def, 4 HP
L5 - Trained - +2att, +2def, 5 HP
L6 - Skilled - +3att, +3def, 6 HP
L7 - Veteran - +4att, +4def, 7 HP
L8 - Elite - +5att, +5def, 9 HP
L9 - Master - +7att, +7def, 12 HP
L10 - Legend - +9att, +9def, 16 HP
Attack and defense bonuses are added to equipment, and are not cumulative with each other. All humans have a base of 1att, 1def.
It is only possible to train them up to level 5 without sending them off into battle.
Each level of training takes progressively more time, up to 4 turns to go from L4 to L5.
Civilians may have military training. They will keep this training, but will expect payment. They're in the army reserve, afterall. If they're not paid, they'll stop exercising, and will lose one level per turn, until they're militia. Only civilians will lose levels when not paid. Draft 'em to keep their experience.
Soldiers now pay taxes.
New recruits and milita only require payment while on patrol or while training.
L3 and above each cost 1g-8g per turn, depending on level, regardless of their current task.
All starting troops have been promoted to L3. Those who had already gained a level are L4.
A master swordsman is also a master archer, if given a bow. I'm not tracking individual weapon skills. This also allows archers to carry swords, for example.
Ranged attackers get a free round at the start and attack before melee attackers. The battle order may be modified slightly due to circumstances, but the basic battle order is thusly: Ranged, ranged, melee, ranged, melee, ranged, melee, etc. Switching weapons takes a turn.
If a soldier has a ranged weapon but has been ordered to prefer melee, they will fire during the initial 'free' ranged action, then switching during the next volley, and will have their swords ready for the first melee stage.melee(attack), ranged(nothing), melee(attack).
There is no way for anything to attack during both melee and ranged stages.

Anybody with under 1/4 their HP is in critical condition, and might die without aid.
Anybody with at least 1/4 their HP is badly wounded enough that they can't work, but they won't die if nobody feeds them.
Anybody with at least 1/2 their HP will be able to perform light work and heal at a regular rate, but will heal double while resting in a hospital, so long as somebody is tending them.
Anybody with at least 3/4 their HP will be able to work normally.

Basic weapons and armor: (More are possible, tell me what you want the weapon to do, and justify it)
Iron/copper Swords - 1H weapon, +1att/+1def
Iron/copper Maces - 1H weapon, +1att, 'lethal' strikes knock target out instead
Iron/copper Spears - 2H weapon, +2att, double damage vs cavalry
Iron/copper Greatsword - 2H weapon, +3 att
Leather sling - 1H weapon, +1att, -1def, ranged
Bow with wooden arrows - 2H weapon, +2att, -1def, ranged
Bow with iron/copper arrows - 2Hweapon, +3att, -1def, ranged

Iron/copper/wooden shield - Off-hand armor, +1def
Leather armor - Full-body armor +1def

Now is also a good time to mention that the ocean hexes have land tiles.))

Spoiler: Overmap (click to show/hide)

Evergod's Company:
{12, again}, Luck - Nothing special happens. Again.
The merchants leave after trading, and work continues as usual.

Some miners take time off to dismantle the lean-to, recovering 8 usable pieces of stone. Other miners find a small deposit of iron.

Evergod {7} - [AI] Nurse the wounded
Victor tends to the wounded, giving them food and water. He accidentally feeds slightly-too-hot soup to the armor-smith, who is mildly displeased by the abuse. Perhaps because of this, he is seen walking around hours later, complaining about the noise made during the construction of the hospital. Victor quickly sends him back to bed.
+1 EXP
+1 Nursing

Wolfchild {18+2-2} - Create a Healing Wind spell
    Pyro continues working at his spell, eventually perfecting it.
+1 EXP
+1 Aeromancy
New spell: Healing Wind

Errol {19} - Magically examine Flarefire Opals with magic.
   Using her through knowledge of scholarly magic, Mage opens her book. It has a small entry on Flarefire opals. Most of it is theories about their existence, but some is useful:
These rare stones frequently serve as a natural storage device for raw magical power. They may either be used to cast a spell without tiring the magical practitioner, or to empower a spell.
The book goes on to explain how to tap this power, and it seems simple enough. They apparently absorb a small amount of magic from the air over time, from nearby spells, or they may be purposefully recharged by the user. Mage magically probes the opal, and decides that it is currently full.
+1 EXP
+1 Magical Theorist

Jiharo {1} - Ask lieutenant for fencing lessons.
   The Clockateer asks the lieutenant for fencing lessons. He grumbles about being forced to leave his post for this worthless backwater, where he's now forced to teach civilians and useless rookies. He finally agrees to a sparring match. In his foul mood, he "accidentally" stabs The clockateer, who had little time to learn much. {10, wound determiner}
+1 EXP
+1 Fencing
-4 HP

Knight Otu's Order:
{17}, Luck - The merchants accidentally overpay by 10 gold, and don't notice.

Two porters are hired. The herbalist looks the injured one over, but says that he will be perfectly fine without her help, and continues farming herbs.

The porter sent to find sand knows that all beaches are sandy for some mysterious reason, so she goes to the beach and finds lots of yellow sand.

The military finds some sort of plant with white flowers. It smells nice, so they bring some samples back.
Vanilla discovered!

Hailfire {15} - Refine and produce poison
   After setting up her alchemy set, she successfully distills five pieces of seaweed into poison.
+2 EXP
+2 Alchemy
-5 Toxic Seaweed
+5 Medium Poison Extract
Level up! 2 stat points to spend.

Kilakan {6} - Look for a small pack of wolves to tame
 Khan steers his loyal mount onwards, following the river. He soon comes upon a wolf. It snarls at him in terror, and backs up, one leg not touching the ground. It appears to be bleeding. {13, tame} Khan pulls out a piece of jerky and gently tosses it towards the wolf, {2} but it takes that as a hostile act and lunges towards Khan! {11-2} vs {5+3} Still unused to his mount, he doesn't manage to get out of the way in time, {8} vs {8} but the unstable and weakened wolf barely grazes his leg with its teeth.
+1 EXP
+2 Beast Mastery
-2 HP

Ochita {19} - Offer enchantment services to merchants for next trip and summon hand.
   The merchant raises an eyebrow at the offer, and agrees to bring something to enchant on the next trip. Ochita then summons a hand.
+2 EXP
+2 Earth Magic

Spoiler: Evergod's settlement (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Factions (click to show/hide)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »

Prevent the wounded from dieing

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2010, 08:00:45 pm »

Travel to the other town while trying to regain mana.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2010, 08:45:37 pm »

Do not act agressively back towards the wolf, but rather dismount and sit on the ground, attempt to coax it over and tame it if it comes.
Nom nom nom

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2010, 03:52:55 am »

Make plans for a machine that would help with sewing wounds.
Also, pluck several hairs from my head and order Jerome to sneak them into Lieutenant's soup.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:32 am »

Cast Healing wind on self, Request stuff to make a mechanical arm with

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2010, 09:02:53 am »

Cast Healing wind on self, Request stuff to make a mechanical arm with
A) You don't have enough mana for that.
B) Resting is more efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18