Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 21985 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 6
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2010, 12:27:49 pm »

(I think we're waiting on Hailfire?)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2010, 03:27:41 pm »

Were we? Whoops.

Head back up to the river to acquire more poison seaweed
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:08 am »

Were we? Whoops.

(Are you thinking what I am thinking?)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2010, 04:29:31 pm »

Were we? Whoops.

(Are you thinking what I am thinking?)
((That we need an update?))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2010, 06:05:28 pm »

You would have had a turn today, but then I found my Alpha Centauri CDs. Crazy Peacekeepers, trying to stop my ultra-militaristic police state, backed by swarms of elite rocket-launcher armed airborne troops.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2010, 06:06:50 pm »

You would have had a turn today, but then I found my Alpha Centauri CDs. Crazy Peacekeepers, trying to stop my ultra-militaristic police state, backed by swarms of elite rocket-launcher armed airborne troops.
sounds fun...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 7
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:33 pm »

((If you run out of money for your military, they'll idle until their back wages are paid, at which point they'll return to work. They have a small chance of helping out in case of an attack, depending on how loyal they feel, but will likely hide and only defend themselves if necessary. Diplomacy is possible, but they may just feel that you don't value them enough ("Sorry guys, I spent all your wages hiring a wizard"), and demand a raise. They might or might not go back to work after you promise them a raise.

New rule: You're in a jungle. It should be full of dangerous life, just waiting to kill you. If you search for something to fight, you'll find something to fight. Higher rolls will likely cause an encounter you were looking for. Lower rolls will likely be either worthlessly weak, or ... not something you should be trying to fight alone, depending on what you search for.))

Spoiler: Overmap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Merchant Prices (click to show/hide)

Evergod's Company:
{12}, Luck - Nothing special happens.
The merchant caravan has arrived. With no proper lodgings, the caravan of 13 will consume 13 food per turn, and pay 13 gold per turn. They depart at the end of next turn. There are five porters who may be willing to join the settlement. They'll cost ten gold each, to bribe them and to pay off the merchants.
Merchants!
Lieutenant and two miners fully recovered

Evergod {15} - Help build hospital
Victor builds five sections of the hospital, putting his workers to shame. Every few minutes, he screams expletives at Pyro.
+2 EXP
+2 Masonry

Wolfchild {10/13-2} - Create a Healing Wind spell, and use it Unable - No mana
    Pyro spends time devising a healing spell. The constant expletives over his minor miscalculation don't help, nor does Mage staring at him disconcertingly, but he thinks he's going in the right direction, and tells her what he's planning. She yells that that particular method would likely just painfully rip his scales away, and gives him input on a better method.
Partial Aeroheal spell - Unusable, +2 to rolls to finish it. (This negates the penalty to not having related spells.)
+1 EXP
+1 Aeromancy

Errol {13} - Help Pyro to cause magical collateral damage
   Success! The suicidal dragonkin would likely have killed himself with the spell he had been planning, but Liz quickly corrected him using her superior magical knowledge.
+1 EXP
+1 Magical Theorist

Jiharo {14} - Become a nurse!
   The Clockateer spends time taking care of the patients in the hospital, preventing their conditions from worsening due to neglect.
+1 EXP
+2 Nursing

Knight Otu's Order:
{4}, Luck - One of the porters traveling with the merchants sprained his wrist on the journey, and decides to pay the merchants off out of his own wallet and settle down in Goldhaven. He will be fine after a bit of rest.

The merchant caravan has arrived. With no proper lodgings, the caravan of 12 will consume 12 food per turn, and pay 12 gold per turn. They depart at the end of next turn. There are four more porters who may be willing to join the settlement. They'll cost ten gold each, to bribe them and to pay off the merchants.

The carpenters build enough housing for two people, and complain about the woodcutters being too slow.

Knight Otu: {9 - 2} - Create a fireball spell
 Chirlon starts working on a combat-oriented spell in case of emergencies, but gets interrupted by the arrival of the merchants.
Partial Fireball spell - Unusable, +2 to rolls to finish it. (This negates the penalty to not having related spells.)
+1 EXP
+1 Conjuration

Hailfire {17} - Collect more seaweed
   She finds an area with abundant seaweed slightly downstream of where she was before, and collects several pieces.
+1 EXP
+3 Herbalism. Herbalism level up!
+9 Toxic Seaweed

Kilakan {16} - Look for a bear, wolf, or horse to tame
 Khan begins exploring in the southern jungles. Being a barbarian, he looks for jungle-horses, so that he may kill more enemies then he otherwise would be able to. Being in a jungle, he doesn't find a horse, but he does find a horse-sized beast, sleeping alone. He tames it, but misses out on the EXP and loot he would have gotten from killing it.
+1 EXP
+2 Beast Mastery

Ochita {2} - Return to town
   Since returning to town from the mountain was a free action, Ochita does so without incident. This is probably for the best.

Spoiler: Evergod's 'city' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu's 'City' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Factions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:39:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2010, 05:14:20 pm »

Begin riding the horse beast and look for a small pack of wolves, and attempt to tame them too, failing that, attack them with my axe from the back of the horse-beast.
"Anyone think of a good name for my horse beast?  Maybe a fang steed?  Or a proper name?
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2010, 05:17:01 pm »

It's a nondescript horse-sized beast, not a horse beast. It's Schrodinger's beast, simultaneously every sort of land-bound, horse-sized beast at once until Random.org tells me what it is

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:08 pm »

It's a nondescript horse-sized beast, not a horse beast. It's Schrodinger's beast, simultaneously every sort of land-bound, horse-sized beast at once until Random.org tells me what it is
Ok then, I name it a giant wolf (think worg from lord of the rings)
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »

Offer to do an enchanting service to the merchants when they come back next time and summon a hand to help with the houses.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2010, 07:16:52 pm »

Seeing as the flareflow opals haven't helped us in any way at all, sell them, thereby making them useful, except Mage's. He has earned it by stoping Pyro's shenanigans, and something with supposed magical properties will go good with a mage...
((+60 gold))
Then buy 60 food
((-20 gold))
Then buy 10 ingots
((-40 gold))
Ask for 5 workers trained in some form of healing
((75 gold payed when they come))

Contenue to help the building of the hospitol, moving patients from the lean-to whenever room is available. Whence the lean-to is empty, dismantle it.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2010, 03:31:33 am »

I'm still female damnit

Become uninterested in what that brute of a magic-wielder is planning to do. Seeing as those people are talking about Flareflow Opals and their supposed magical properties, I'm going to magically test mine for any magical properties. Magically.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2010, 05:49:24 am »

(Didn't the soldiers explore?
Ed: Also, I think I should only have 3 Conjuration.)

Anyway... we have 51 in coin. We get another 12 coin next turn as I understand it? We need 36 coin to keep the military happy. Better make it 40 to account for level-ups. That makes 23 (or 11) coin free to use.)

-----

Sell 9 healing herbs (+9c). Buy off two porters (-20c). Mention that a book on simple magic would be appreciated.
Have the first porter rest his injuries, tended by the herbalist, the second join the woodcutters, and the third search for wax or sand in the immediate area. If any sort of creature is nearby, do not approach.
The soldiers explore the hex south (or if they did explore that, explore the southeast hex).
The rest should continue their work.

-----

(What is needed for minting and/or crafting that we do not have? Stone Workshop, Anvil?)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:24:29 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2010, 07:25:23 am »

Ask Lieutenant to teach me some fencing.If he is busy/ordered to do otherwise, continue nursework.
(Yeah, both mechanics in this town have an OCD)
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18