Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 22007 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 2
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:25 pm »

Turn tomorrow. I am mentally fatigued from my beating at the hands (tentacles?) of Cthulhu.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 3
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:04 pm »

((On natural resources:

There are (at present) two types: Mineral, and organic. Mineral resources are usually buried underground, but are occasionally found on the surface of an area during initial surveys. Each hex has unlimited mineral veins, but miners must prospect for more as each vein is depleted. Non-mountain hexes have a -1 to prospecting. Organic resources generally won't be found after the initial survey of a hex, but it's possible to find them elsewhere in the jungle. After discovering them, it's possible to plant seeds and farm them.))

Spoiler: Overmap (click to show/hide)

Evergod's Company:
{20} - After ordering the farmers to begin farming, the quarriers to begin quarrying, and the miners to dig an exploratory mineshaft, Evergod, a few followers, and Saun head north in a hunting/survey expedition. They find a small herd of 6 deer like creatures that appear defenseless. They are sleeping, allowing the party to surround the deer without awakening them. {9} - They found no interesting plantlife in the area.
-4 Tools
!!Warning: Farmers and food stores will leave 16 people hungry next turn!!
Evergod:
+1 EXP

Wolfchild {None} - Follow Evergod's orders
    Saun follows Evergod. He succeeds in not waking the deer.
+1 EXP

Errol {6} - Try to create a shield spell.
   Liz spends a few hours writing calculations down, (being careful to keep the important parts purely mental, of course. Stray spells are a Bad Thing.) then draws a line in the ash and attempts to raise a shield over it. A blue light flickers up after several minutes of intense concentration ... only to fall when a fly flying through the shield surprises her. {5} - The backlash causes a headache. That was all wrong. The shield was apparently incoporeal, and used too much mana. The spell will need a major revision if it is to be useful.
+1 EXP
+1 Wizardry EXP
-9 mana
-2 HP

Jiharo {8} -  Kwinkle looks for more herbs.
   Kwinkle continues looking through the jungle. He finds several interesting colonies of ants, but nothing useful.
+1 EXP

Knight Otu's Order:
Nine farmers farm, while the rest, along with a newly summoned Phantom Worker, prepare enough land for five more farmers to work. Work continues on the town hall, but due to insufficient wood, work is inefficient. Rather then wasting time, the industrious carpenters take shifts guarding the granary while waiting for wood. {17} The herbilist, armed with new knowledge of healing herbs, finds and collects six more, and begins studying them. The soldiers form a hunting party, and find {5} nothing large enough to be worth hunting to the south.
2 farmers reach L2
1 woodcutter reaches L2
1 Carpenter reaches L2
Herbalist reaches L2 herbalism
Architect reaches L2 architecture

4 tools break
6 healing herbs gained
Knight Otu:
+1 EXP
+2 Conjuration

Hailfire {7} - Find objects of interest
   There is nothing here. Aren't jungles supposed to be full of interesting flora and fauna? What is with this place? Oh, hey, look, an experience point. Where'd that come from?
+1 EXP

Kilakan {5} - Find the first dungeon-class area
   Kahn's attempts at finding danger are interrupted by a cute little bear cub. He kills it for the EXP. It wasn't worth much, and there now appears to be a particularly angry reddish bear charging at him. He briefly considers the implications of bears having enough to eat, while a hunting party could find nothing.
+1 EXP

Ochita {18} - Earth Pillar!
   Ochita cancels inspect pillar: Interrupted by gold vein discovery.
+1 EXP
+3 Earth Magic
Small surface gold vein discovered
Small gold vein discovered

+2 EXP
Spoiler: Evergod's 'city' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu's 'City' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2010, 12:21:02 pm »

pillar the gold to the surface, then get around 2~3 hands to carry it with me. Return and help if theres time left.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:23:33 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2010, 01:09:41 pm »

"Insufficient wood?" Chirlon shakes his head. "I could have sworn... Anyway, the soldiers returned empty-handed, but we aren't looking at a famine, thankfully. I think with the newly-completed farms and the remaining food stocks, we don't need to worry about food for the time being. It is, however, time that we find out more about our surroundings."

Things are running far slower than expected. I had hoped that the carpenters could start on houses for the people already.

"I will personally explore the north-west. From the official maps, the river should flow somewhere a that point. The soldiers should take the south. I hear Ochita is exploring the mountains already.

-----

As the work on the fields seem to move somewhat more smoothly than the construction work, have the phantom worker help with the woodcutting. Chirlon himself will explore the hex to the north-west as announced, and the soldiers explore the hex to the south. The workers and the architect should otherwise continue as they are.

The herbalist should start a small field to cultivate herbs in general if she can, or learn more about the healing herbs otherwise. Once the fields are all completed, she can ask for one to be used to grow the healing herbs.

-----

Once everyone is in "town" again, Chirlon will also ask for a small meeting between Ochita, Khan, "Bunny", the architect, the herbalist, the militia commander, and himself to decide on a name for the town. Everyone is encouraged to suggest a name, and vote for the one they like best.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »

While at the meeting I shall talk about the gold that I have found and show it. I also request a couple of people to act as miners, I know about the costs of maintaining military and that gold will help. I also ask about what was happing when I was away.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2010, 01:28:28 pm »

Once everyone is in "town" again, Chirlon will also ask for a small meeting between Ochita, Khan, "Bunny", the architect, the herbalist, the militia commander, and himself to decide on a name for the town. Everyone is encouraged to suggest a name, and vote for the one they like best.
Architect: I suggest Olraniathaloth.
Militia Commander: Olranwhatnow? I can't even -
Architect: Olraniathaloth. It is a grand name, worthy of the greatness that the city will become.
MilCdr. - Bah. We want something people can say, or we'll never get any traders. I propose something simpler, like, say, Aronatopia.
Arch. - Ha, trying to butter our leader up, so you'll be second-in-command? Your motives are obvious.
Herbalist - Now, let's see what happens if I rub some in a wound ...
Arch. - Ow! ... A hatpin?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2010, 02:22:39 pm »

Headache, governor guy away... oh, just great. Just great. I'll be out of commission a little while.

Turn my attention to the quarry workers and miners. I'll ask them to tell me if any of them dig up interesting stuff or stumble upon interesting stuff. Not much to do otherwise.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2010, 02:51:55 pm »

What sort of interesting stuff are you hoping they'll find?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

Wow, either your dimensions are off, or the 50x50 clearing isnt a 50x50 clearing... also, thanks for the automatic pincer movement... but then again, that's after a 20...

Personally go for the buck, whilst everyone else gets the rest.
After the attack, head back to 'town', once we arrive realize we haven't named it yet...

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »

"Gold veins in the mountains are good news. Thank you for exploring there, Ochita. Getting miners might prove tricky, though. Two or three carpenters, maybe. They've been working faster than the woodcutters can provide wood. Geron, how many carpenters can you spare?" Chirlon asks the architect.

"I had considered a simple, to the point name for our town. An earlier thought unfortunately would depend on Viktor naming his town in accordance. So my suggestion, with Ochita's discovery, would be Goldhaven."

(Suggested names so far:
Olraniathaloth
Aronatopia
Goldhaven

No votes so far.)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:58 pm »

"I understand, I also agree with goldhaven. Its a good name for a city. Also I thank you for allowing me to take 2-3 carpenters. I plan to possibly create a small stone tower, around 2 levels for the purpose of creating new mages and reasearch. I think that will be very helpful. Also I can enchant your stuff a little, possibly enough for a spell or two.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2010, 05:11:07 pm »

Any barbarian worth his salt can kill a bear, and I'm no exception! (I hope.)

Begin fighting the bear, first throw my small knife, attempting to blind it, then follow up with a charge with my axe, (how does combat work, since each turn seems to encompass a few hours in the city, do I just say fight and hope I win?)
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

Wow, either your dimensions are off, or the 50x50 clearing isnt a 50x50 clearing
It is roughly a 60x74 area. If I knew how to adjust Asciidraw, it would be square.

"Geron, how many carpenters can you spare?"
Geron: "Seven carpenters would suffice for the most efficient use of time."

"I understand, I also agree with goldhaven. Its a good name for a city. Also I thank you for allowing me to take 2-3 carpenters. I plan to possibly create a small stone tower, around 2 levels for the purpose of creating new mages and reasearch. I think that will be very helpful. Also I can enchant your stuff a little, possibly enough for a spell or two.
I hadn't thought of that use for you spell. You'll need recruits to train up as mages, though. They'll come with the caravan.

Any barbarian worth his salt can kill a bear, and I'm no exception! (I hope.)

Begin fighting the bear, first throw my small knife, attempting to blind it, then follow up with a charge with my axe, (how does combat work, since each turn seems to encompass a few hours in the city, do I just say fight and hope I win?)
Time is a funny thing. I think I'll make combats two rounds per turn, with the possibility of one round being removed from the defender in case of something like an ambush or a long-ranged attack (Not medium range).
Chalk it up to travel time or something, even though you're too close to the main settlement for that to have much effect.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2010, 06:44:53 pm »

Also, what ARE we getting in the caravans... I could go for some food...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2010, 06:57:12 pm »

Try to modify my fire wave spell to create stationary walls of flame, to chanel the herd were we want it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18