Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 22011 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, one spot open.
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2010, 05:54:34 pm »

I think  that was the basis, though why he wouldn't just cast the rain spell weaker when he wanted it weaker, idk.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD. First turn comes soon.
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2010, 05:23:17 pm »

After an uneventful trek, both caravans arrive at their destinations. Or so the caravan drivers claim, as they stop in the middle of jungle. They give maps of the initial scouting expedition to the leaders, unload a few crates filled with food and tools, and ask for any preferences for the next caravans. Workers crowd around each other, unable to do much of anything until the dense jungle foliage is cleared away.

((It takes 5 worker/turns or one player turn to survey a hex for resources. Any workers may work in any of the hexes around the city. Expeditions may be sent elsewhere to bring back resources, if so desired.
Farmers will spend their first turns clearing fields, and bring in steady food after that.
Hunting may be useful: It brings in 0-3 food per laborer, +1 per soldier level.
PCs may either help set the camp up, explore the nearby area, or go looking for trouble further south.))

Spoiler: Evergod's 'city' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu's 'City' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 1
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

Schweeet.

So, the hexes on the map are jungle (green), river/ocean (blue), and mountain (grey)?

Also, how much difference will roleplaying and the flavor we put into our characters actually make?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2010, 06:42:37 pm »

So, the hexes on the map are jungle (green), river/ocean (blue), and mountain (grey)?
Mostly right. Rivers will be blue lines that cut through the hex.

Also, how much difference will roleplaying and the flavor we put into our characters actually make?
Not much, but it might influence my decisions on how good a die roll is needed, or just what that {1} actually means.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:56 pm »

damnit, I thought woodcutter's might be usefull.....

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2010, 06:59:37 pm »

Saun, wishing to escape the bustle of the town, by making something is greatly disapointed by the lack of anything to make machines out of, so he decides to go exploring to get away for now

Explore to the south
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »

Search the immediate area for valuable and/or interesting plants and components. This patch of jungle's about to get leveled to set up camp anyway, so waste not!
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2010, 09:37:24 pm »

Woodcutters will gather wood if so ordered, which will be useful for building wooden buildings. Destroying the foliage doesn't produce wood, as it ... uses fires, yes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:50 pm »

Woodcutters will gather wood if so ordered, which will be useful for building wooden buildings. Destroying the foliage doesn't produce wood, as it ... uses fires, yes.

Does not clear-cutting level the area? Besides, the jungle wouldn't burn worth a damn anyway, unless it's a dry season.  :P

Also, foraging here means I don't have to waste time traveling, and can get medicinal/poisonous/psychotropic plants growing domestically quickly, so I don't have to forage as much.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2010, 01:45:09 am »

I explore to the east

Ochita upon seeing the mountains in east decides to go there. Maybe there might be something good.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:31 am »

Looking at the crowd of visibly uncomfortable workers Kwinkle slightly frowns, then whispers something to a doll sitting on his shoulder.

Order Jerome to make a funny dance to boost worker's morale.
Take a walk around the camp noting anything unusual (survey a hex for resources.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:08:39 am by Jiharo »
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:46 am »

Jiharo: Ordering minions around is a free action.

Hailfire: Yes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2010, 09:51:05 am »

Well, one of the promised heroic "volunteers" already didn't show. Good start. Chirlon thought. Though i hear that this Vrikt has the same problem. Anyway, here we are, so it is time for the speech.

"Friends, Riverviewans!
Our esteemed Chancellor has decided to form this our expedition and that of Viktor van Vrikt for the good of all Riverview
."
So he'll take all the credit and we'll take all the blame., Chirlon works in subtextually.
"So here we are, at a site strategically chosen by the finest minds of Riverview, to found a new city. Many hardships await all of us, I will not lie. At this moment, we are without homes and farms. It is up to us now to work for the present and the future of this city, empty as it may be now. All of Riverview's eyes are upon us!"
They will laugh about every little blunder we make. They'll try to take all we may have to give in trade and give back as little as possible. So let's show them!
"We will need to make plans. We will need to build. We will need to learn. We will need to live without comfort. But we will persevere! For our good! For the good of our children! And for the good of all of Riverview! Whether by hand or by mind, by tool or by spell, we will succeed!"

------

Chirlon orates as above to boost morale. If he finds the time, he will cast Phantom Worker to help with the woodcutting.

The farmers should start work on setting up the fields, the woodcutters cut wood, and the carpenters shall use it to create a granary and a large town hall that will serve as a makeshift home for the time being. The architect will oversee the creation of the town hall if he has to focus on one building.

The Herbalist should aid Hailfire, but ideally should look for things that may be exportable.

The soldiers should for now patrol the immediate surroundings.

------

(How much leeway do we have in defining the educated citizens and their interaction with the governor?)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2010, 10:14:59 am »

I'll heft my axe and help the woodcutters and carpenter's on clearing land and building, training them on the finer points of woodworking as we go.

Come on Boys, we can't tame the wilds without a home to rest in.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:08 pm »

(How much leeway do we have in defining the educated citizens and their interaction with the governor?)
Flavor text-wise, as much as you want.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18