Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 21993 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Kingdom RTD
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 04:11:20 am »

I was fine with the city building aspect. I assume we're going to adventuring, but our cities will run in the background, without so much micromanagement? Or maybe we get *two* sets of orders-managing our villages, and managing our personal actions?

Failing that, a straight up adventurer RTD is fine, though I didn't exactly design my character for that lol

Quoted for emphasis :)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 09:11:29 am »

Start a regular training routine of 1 hour every day for combat. Appoint the best warrior as leader of my militia.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »

I've been thinking. This game, as it stands, won't work - Governable bodies have two stats, which vary with time. Actions boil down to "Increase prosperity" and "Increase military strength." Adventuring is possible, sure, but really, why do that when you could just be working to conquer a city, and use the funds to buy a full set of plate-mail?

I have a few fixes in mind, which should change things for the better. Either way, I intend to make a magic system similar to Arcanum Octet's. Player slots are already filled.

Proposed system 1:
Two kings, each with three heroes, for a total of eight players. Tax comes in every five turns, and all shops and industries are controlled directly by the king. The kings will want to balance spending between upgrading adventurer equipment and <REDACTED>. Kings may go adventuring, of course.

Proposed system 2: Eight players will pick whichever specialty they like, and be whatever. Governors trying to attract adventurers and their gold, adventurers, whatever. It would be reasonably similar to what we've got now.

Discuss.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 05:31:27 am »

It's an RTD. If we do something boring, hit us with a Bored GM penalty. :P

Seriously, both systems sound good. But I'd like to be able to both lead and go adventuring, and only system 1 says anything about, so I guess that's where my vote should go.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 05:48:49 am »

I vote for number 1

Two kings/six champs instead of eight of each seems great to me. Like, really great.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:35 pm »

Seriously, both systems sound good.

*Jumping on vote 1 bandwagon.*
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »

Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 06:37:34 pm »

System 1 wins. I expect to have something up after doing the turn for Planetfall, hopefully a few days from now. First two players (already in the game) to claim governor spots get them. (I lied about the king spots.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 07:13:47 pm »

I'll claim a spot as a governor then. Too bad you had to dash my hopes of making a throne of skulls. Governor's don't even *get* thrones!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 07:30:59 pm »

You may sit wherever you like.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 01:17:47 am »

I'd be an adventurer then. It totally clashes with the character I created... which is why I want to do it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 07:10:05 am »

Mhh, I'll take governor, I think.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD - Formerly Rule the Kingdom RTD
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 08:18:00 pm »

The game has been completely revised. There are now 2 governors, and 8 heroes. Each governor gets 4 heroes. This should be a bit like a more in-depth Majesty, with the ability for the governors to adventure as well.

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dice Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: For Governors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: For Heroes (click to show/hide)

Game is already full.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:52 am »

Reserved for character post (everyone who's in needs to repost a character with the new stats and either as a hero or a governor- I'm taking a hero)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 02:27:41 am »

ok nurir posting a hero (please ignore me if i misunderstood the PM)

Name: Saun
Description/Race/Backstory: (do we assign the points or do you from the backstory?); Saun is a silver scaled dragonkin, who has grown tired of his race's destructive way's, and has thrown his lot in with (Govanor name here), he learned quikly that destruction was still needed, but fortunately not wonton destruction like before. He shares his kind's natural affinity for fire but always thought a bit outside the box, this caused him to learn mechanics, which may be another reason he left (materials for that type of thing are easier to find in cities)
Disadvantage: -2 Agility
Skills: Fire magic - up to being able to send waves of fire (in person), mechanics (like making a repeating crossbow)
Starting items: Fire opal focus, Toolkit, Key to a workshop, Wrap like clothes, 3 silver bands on tail
Reason for joining the expedition: in backstory, that and wont sit on teh sidelines
Which governor you'll side with, or random: want to see who the goveanors are 1st

Spells: (do we decide this now?)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18