Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nix' Graphics Dump - mod your own creatures  (Read 4985 times)

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nix' Graphics Dump - mod your own creatures
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:58:36 am »

Impressive pixel art, respect, Nix.
I love Plague Doc.
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:13 am »

Same here, especially because plague doctors are real!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 08:06:13 am »

How about more relatives of the humble Crundle? Y'know, red, small, with claws.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:40 am »

Hey, Nix-on, here's the Ent I corrupted out of your Dryad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 03:00:31 pm »

And another. I'm not sure if I like the shading on these ones yet, but I'll suspend judgement for now.

Illbloom (A carnivorous flower monster. I couldn't decide on the colour, so I'm giving you two choices.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 11:58:23 am »

You can surely show your Gecko, their sprites are cute and cool. And don't ask for a permission from now on, I won't say "no" in any case :).

And may I use your Illbloom sprite for venus mantrap plant? It needs green flower but I will make it easily. I love the design.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 12:10:10 pm »

You can surely show your Gecko, their sprites are cute and cool. And don't ask for a permission from now on, I won't say "no" in any case :).

And may I use your Illbloom sprite for venus mantrap plant? It needs green flower but I will make it easily. I love the design.

Be my guest! Modify it however you'd like :-)

As a general rule, anyone is welcome to use any of my sprites for anything (and/or to modify them in any way they want) Just remember to credit me if possible.

And a note on requests. I'll never post a sprite someone specifically asks for in my thread without their permission (though I encourage people to share the love in case other DF modders can also make use of it).

As for said Gecko sprite:

Geckos (Adult and child)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:28:27 pm by Nix »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 12:36:16 pm »

you should totally makes some stonesense sprites.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »

Awesome sprites, Nix.  Its tempting to replace the kobold sprites with the Catti. ;)

Also, assuming these are meant to be used for DF, you could make the flower petals grey-scale so selecting the color using the color settings in the raws would set the flower color (assuming I'm guessing correctly how to do the color magic Ironhand (was it Ironhand?) started).

This makes it more tempting to try my hand at some sprites ... especially with the posts about future versions of the game recently.  8)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:22 pm »

...assuming these are meant to be used for DF, you could make the flower petals grey-scale so selecting the color using the color settings in the raws would set the flower color (assuming I'm guessing correctly how to do the color magic Ironhand (was it Ironhand?) started).

Good suggestion! I'd thought about doing my sprites in greyscale, but still don't know the specifics of the system for colouring them in the raws. I'll look it up and may redo the flower sprites accordingly :-)

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 04:33:20 pm »

And a couple magic users for those out there who enjoy them! I know Toady's not keen on magic in DF, but I know there are a few mods that add in magic using enemies for the sake of an added challenge: giving goblins dragonfire or the ability to spit syndrome, etc. These are intended for similar use.

Elven Sorceress (This one was specifically designed to fit in with Sphr's elves.

Christopher Lee Necromancer
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:12:51 pm by Nix »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 10:12:46 pm »

Good suggestion! I'd thought about doing my sprites in greyscale, but still don't know the specifics of the system for colouring them in the raws. I'll look it up and may redo the flower sprites accordingly :-)

Search out Ironhand's "Tile Magic" thread, but if you have any questions, I just spent weeks working out that stuff :D

Necromancer is awesome!

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

I'm tooling around with an idea for adding some m0re races to the game. First off was orks (and then eventually the combined greenskin armies :D). Mainly because I liked playing my greenskin shaman in Warhammer Online way back in beta. But therein lies the problem.

The few orc sprite sheets I've found... well... they don't really mesh well with Ironhand's graphics set. It's entirely possible I've just missed one that does, but for the most part, they don't really fit with the rest of the set. So, if you the time or the will, a set of graphics for the orcs would be amazingly helpful. Not just for my orks, but for anyone else who wants big, mean, and green brutes to beat up their dwarves.

That request aside, I'm very impressed. I've tried (and failed horribly) at making my own sprites and pixel arts, so I have at least a little bit of an idea how much of a pain it can be, haha.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2010, 12:35:11 pm »

I've been a little busy amping up for school lately, but I finally have a couple new ones for you:

Ghoul (I modelled this after H.P. Lovecraft's ghouls: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurGhoulsAreCreepier)

Djinn (This borrows a skeleton face from Sphr's set)

I'm tooling around with an idea for adding some m0re races to the game. First off was orks (and then eventually the combined greenskin armies :D). Mainly because I liked playing my greenskin shaman in Warhammer Online way back in beta. But therein lies the problem.

The few orc sprite sheets I've found... well... they don't really mesh well with Ironhand's graphics set. It's entirely possible I've just missed one that does, but for the most part, they don't really fit with the rest of the set. So, if you the time or the will, a set of graphics for the orcs would be amazingly helpful. Not just for my orks, but for anyone else who wants big, mean, and green brutes to beat up their dwarves.

I'll see what I can do about some orcs, though they may be like the Catti: a basic graphics set rather than a fully comprehensive, playable one.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:01:22 pm by Nix »

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 12:36:24 am »

May I request some sprites for Squeegy's Succubus/Incubus mod? Would really love to have something fitting for them and your sprites rock.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3