Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attribute Gains from civilian work  (Read 1230 times)

varsens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Attribute Gains from civilian work
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:11:26 pm »

Not to mention that I had a miner go from level 7 mining to level 15 mining in a couple years while only gaining around 25 strength and 25 toughness. I'm willing to accept that perhaps I'm experiencing something unique, but if anyone has any thoughts on what might be happening/how I can fix it, I'd be very grateful.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 04:09:05 pm »

Does anyone else have any data upon what skills cause what physical attributes to go up?

I'd like to put up on the wiki what skills are associated with what attributes, because it's a big void right now for the physical attributes.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:18:57 pm »

Mining is a military skill both civilian and military, confirmed that. So that means Mining, Axeman, Hammerman, Maceman, Pikeman, Swordsman, Spearman, Fighter, Archer, Observer(?), Misc. Object User(?), Striker, and other military skills affect all physical attributes (excluding DF and recup) and Willpower, Spacial Sense, and Kinestetic Sense. Observer and Misc. Object User might be extempt, they're used too less to properly test.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »

Did you ever see if setting your dwarves to have "[PHYS_ATT_RATES:ENDURANCE:1:NONE:NONE:NONE]" would increase the rate of gain?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]