Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53177 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #375 on: September 09, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »

Had I been alive

oh, you were far too dangerous for us to ever possibly keep alive

;D

(actually we kinda sweated about there being a doctor and you getting protected, guess that was another bit of luck too. and yeah, bread dropping + inactive replacement on last day helped a whole bundle too)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #376 on: September 09, 2010, 04:16:57 pm »

Had I been alive

oh, you were far too dangerous for us to ever possibly keep alive

;D

(actually we kinda sweated about there being a doctor and you getting protected, guess that was another bit of luck too. and yeah, bread dropping + inactive replacement on last day helped a whole bundle too)
If there had been a doctor and I hadn't been protected, people would've died.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2010, 04:17:48 pm »

If Aklyon's replacement was any good, we might have had a problem. But there was no replacement. And so the town lost (Which seems to happen in every beginner's mafia game.)

Now to wait for Beginner's mafia XVI.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:08 pm »

If Aklyon's replacement was any good, we might have had a problem. But there was no replacement. And so the town lost (Which seems to happen in every beginner's mafia game.)

I was kinda hoping to re-replace, but I was told the deadchat, so there wasn't anything I coulda done.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »

I was kinda hoping to re-replace, but I was told the deadchat, so there wasn't anything I coulda done.
Thank god.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2010, 04:20:41 pm »

Thank god.
Lol. Scatterbrain did a good job, and you better thank him. Hes the reason you didn't get lynched this last Day.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »

I know that. And I'm glad that I had him.

(Actually, I think I should thank Breadbocks just as much. If he didn't vote Zako, the day would have been worse for me.)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 09, 2010, 04:26:22 pm »

yeah, thanks to breadbocks for his *aherm* co-operation, hehe

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 09, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »

I might run XVI.  I need to do some writing.

Anyway, great job, scumteam ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 09, 2010, 04:54:16 pm »

Goddammit I knew it! I just knew you were scum when webaddict died! Oh well, good game.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2010, 04:56:46 pm »

Then why didn't you vote for me? I'm sure Aklyon's vote was still good. You could have done something.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 09, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »

Then why didn't you vote for me? I'm sure Aklyon's vote was still good. You could have done something.
^This.

I mean, I was pretty clear about who was scum.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2010, 05:58:49 pm »

Great game, all! And very well played by the scum. I had not the slightest inkling of your scummitude, and focused too much on breadbox, zako and eclipse.

And Broody, man, what a call on day one. It had far reaching consequences... Oh well. Catch y'all on the next one.

Cheers.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

Good game, people. I will admit, I had entirely the wrong people in mind until I saw the spoilers - but then, them's the breaks on the first day.

A huge apology to Zathras to starting your lynchwagon. I had already changed my opinion of you before the first day ended, but then, I wasn't a player yet, so I couldn't really say anything to sway people one way or another. If you had stayed in the game, somehow I think the outcome might have been different. You're a savvy player, so I'll want to play with you in the next one.

Kudos to the Mafia team - USEC, your lurking could have gotten you lynched early on - but remember that when you're playing against more experienced players, there's little that will deter someone from calling scum on you when you lurk- despite time zone, or anything. As I've 'noticed' before, even if your life is falling to pieces, people still aren't going to take your excuses for granted. However, seeing as this is beginner mafia, people are generally going to go for the active/stupid people first- so you did well.

Scatterbrain- That was pretty damn good Mafioso-ing. I'll tell you, I was sitting on the sideline laughing every time someone got 'deflected' from FoS-ing you, and the fact that nobody noticed it was just great. One bit I did frown a bit at was on the second or third day, you made a long list of people you caught scum-tells from. The biggest mistake you made was that there were only two people who had short lists, and only one who you claimed to have No suspicions on. And that person was USEC. I think Webadict might have picked up on that, because your defending USEC kinda jumped out at me.

Anyway, apart from me acting like I know what I'm talking about- Spectacular game, people, and I'll be looking forward to the next B Mafia.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 10, 2010, 02:40:37 pm »

Kudos to the Mafia team - USEC, your lurking could have gotten you lynched early on - but remember that when you're playing against more experienced players, there's little that will deter someone from calling scum on you when you lurk- despite time zone, or anything. As I've 'noticed' before, even if your life is falling to pieces, people still aren't going to take your excuses for granted. However, seeing as this is beginner mafia, people are generally going to go for the active/stupid people first- so you did well.

That's why I'm playing the beginner's games. That, and to get to the point were I can start hosting mafia games. (Those who can't do host, or something like that.)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27