Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53241 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head!
« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2010, 10:17:59 pm »

Hello guys.

Anyway, I didn't vote yesterday because by the time I got here, the vote was pretty much decided already.
If it hadn't been though, I would've voted for USEC probably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2010, 08:09:55 am »

and so, we enter the last chance saloon... but really, eclipsetail has only himself to blame for getting lynched. and if we lose, it'll mostly come down to his general moronity. great.

i have things to do right now, but hopefully i'll manage a big meaty post sometime this weekend. in the meanwhile, i'd especially like to echo this;

Today is about conversating. If there aren't any substantial posts, really trying to dig into the meat of this- Town is going to lose. Anyone that doesn't comment within 24hours I would like to get prodded, if you would please Diablous.

even if it's just a placeholder like this post is, we need to know that you're alive, basically, so that we can get down to business. cos if we don't find scum today, we're boned.

also, if anyone has a role, right now would be a good time to roleclaim.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25:56 pm »

Woah, what timing, I was about to do just that Scatterbrain.

I am the cop. I investigated Eclipsetail and TheBroodyMoods and both turned up innocent. I honestly thought that Eclipse was the godfather due to him acting so scummy, but I am sure that Broody is actually town and not a godfather.

The reason I voted for Bread/Aklyon is that Scatterbrain made a real good arguement and I wanted to test his claims. Sadly, bread pretty much acted like he usuallly did. Bad town. I don't think that Aklyon is scum.

So that leaves Scatterbrain and USEC. Of course the scum would get rid of Webadict, they know he's a professional mafia player and they want him gone. It also convienetly gets the blame off Scatterbrain.

Why did you try so hard to convince webadict that you are town? Why did you want to live yesterday?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 05, 2010, 10:37:15 am »

Anyone that doesn't comment within 24hours I would like to get prodded, if you would please Diablous.

Kay. I'll prod USEC in a sec.

Votecount:
Scatterbrain - {1} -  Zako
USEC_OFFICER - {1} - TheBroodyMoods
Zako - {0}
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
Aklyon - {0}

Not voting
Scatterbrain, USEC_OFFICER, Aklyon

If there are any errors, please tell me.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 05, 2010, 12:17:01 pm »

Woah, what timing, I was about to do just that Scatterbrain.

I am the cop. I investigated Eclipsetail and TheBroodyMoods and both turned up innocent. I honestly thought that Eclipse was the godfather due to him acting so scummy, but I am sure that Broody is actually town and not a godfather.

The reason I voted for Bread/Aklyon is that Scatterbrain made a real good arguement and I wanted to test his claims. Sadly, bread pretty much acted like he usuallly did. Bad town. I don't think that Aklyon is scum.

So that leaves Scatterbrain and USEC. Of course the scum would get rid of Webadict, they know he's a professional mafia player and they want him gone. It also convienetly gets the blame off Scatterbrain.

Why did you try so hard to convince webadict that you are town? Why did you want to live yesterday?

beefs, i have four and a half of them with this post.

1) why investigate broody? to quote yourself, he 'looks and sounds town'. surely there were more important targets to be investigating after day 2?
2) you voted for breadbocks as a sort of test, it seems - then why didn't you investigate him instead for night 2? to me, it smells like you're trying to cover yourself by voting for your scumbuddy.
3) i don't like how quick you are to say that bread/aklyon ISN'T scum, even though, it seems, you were swayed by the mountain of tells i dropped on bread.
3.5) what's worse is how quickly you move your vote back to me, even though i was the one that did the 'convincing'. getting the heat off of your scumpartner breadbocks, are we?
4) you're already implying that standing up for mysself is scummy, when i did so because i'm not scum. what scum do is roll over and die when they come under pressure (see breadbocks); what any good town does is fight back, because, in the end, they're in the right - not to mention that sticking up for yourself helps with the scumhunting. by the end of my little dialogue with webadict, i'd found more than few reasons to be wary of him (enough to actually suspect him of scum? not exactly, but there was enough to keep me on my toes).

so far, i've thought that you're town. but then, i've been wrong before in this game, and i ain't taking anything for granted today. so right now, you, zako, are number 2 on my scumlist - you look like a scum that has roleclaimed cop to buy himsself security on what could be scum's last day, and has been covering up for their scumbuddy before making a switch too easily and early for my liking. voting for someone at this point is a significant thing to do, so you're gonna need to convince me before i buy a story about voting for the sakes of scumhunting.

just below you at number three is USEC. he hasn't even been online for the past 7 days, so i don't think that he's lurking with any malicious intent. time to get a replacement if he doesn't answer the poke? and USEC, if you do read this; i'll ask you the same question that zako asked me at the beginning of day 2, as it's pretty relevant here.

...why should I believe you are town? You seem to be fading nicely into the background. Step into the spotlight buddy, show your colors!

seriously - i know that you tend to post less that others in your games, but you need to make said posts... well, bigger, and exposing yourself for who you are a bit more. come on out dude!

my number one is aklyon, pretty much by default, because i'm convinced that breadbocks was scum - and as you're taking up the same slot as he did, that makes you scum too. however, i'm gonna give you a chance; turns out i was wrong about eclipsetail, who i was also convinced about, and that was through his generally terrible playstyle as town. hopefully, you'll turn out to be a bit less awful - if you're town. you have a helluva mountain to climb if you want to convince me, but at least you have a chance now. not a big chance, i'll admit, but a chance.

...only your first post isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

Hello guys.

Anyway, I didn't vote yesterday because by the time I got here, the vote was pretty much decided already.
If it hadn't been though, I would've voted for USEC probably.

ok; pretty uninformative and generally just getting a look in to just to cover your arse. WHY vote for USEC? what did you think of anything else? did anything said by anyone else influence you, either toward USEC or away from it? if it wasn't others, could you present your case against him (lots of detail would be helpful at this point)? this list pretty much goes on. come out fighting!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2010, 01:08:47 pm »

Well, USEC hasn't been very active, and looking though the last couple of pages, he hasn't really sounded very convincing to me.

What would you need from me to prove I'm not scum? because while I'm brand-new at this game and somewhat confused after reading 12 pages, I'm not scum.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2010, 03:02:24 pm »

for starters, make some plays. go in-depth about your evaluations of others, get down to the business of scumhunting, try to really crack who is scum and who isn't, do some analysis - pretty much anything that a good townie should be doing to try and work out who the scum are. if you try go get a feel for who we are, then we'll start to get a feel for who you are, and can start questioning and analysing back. basically, play the game!

that would be assuming that you're town, though. which isn't something i'm assuming right now :p

any other advice for the new guy, IC's?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2010, 03:12:11 pm »

Looking back at previous Days helps, as you know the people that died were Town. It's not necessarily accurate, but it was to help the Town at the time. Also, look at people's interactions with them too.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:14 pm »

BREAKING NEWS! USEC's profile says that he hasn't been on since the 28th! Since he hasn't been on in like 8 days, I guess I'll have to replace him.
To be partly feline,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 3 - Off with his head! REPLACEMENT NEEDED!
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »

NOOOOOO! I'm back from vacation now. Please don't replace me!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2010, 04:24:33 pm »

Crises averted! Seriously dude. Should have told me.
To be partly feline,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »

Crises averted! Seriously dude. Should have told me.

Thought I would have had time last sunday. Sorry about that. Glad I can continue to play.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2010, 08:03:06 pm »

Read through a game or two--especially BMIII, if you can find it--and take that scum-hunting guide of Dakarian's to heart.

Other than that, it's really about feeling out the field.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

Answering some questions:

USEC: Webaddict, admittedly fallible, marked you as the other scum. What say you to the charges?

That I'm not scum. How else am I suppost to respond?

just below you at number three is USEC. he hasn't even been online for the past 7 days, so i don't think that he's lurking with any malicious intent. time to get a replacement if he doesn't answer the poke? and USEC, if you do read this; i'll ask you the same question that zako asked me at the beginning of day 2, as it's pretty relevant here.

Can you point it out/explain? Because the closest thing I could find was about your opinion on me and Broody.

Well, USEC hasn't been very active, and looking though the last couple of pages, he hasn't really sounded very convincing to me.

What would you need from me to prove I'm not scum? because while I'm brand-new at this game and somewhat confused after reading 12 pages, I'm not scum.

Aklyon, I'm active again. You have any questions you want to ask me? Try out some scumhunting?

Zako, who did you investigate on the second day?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2010, 03:54:19 pm »

Nice to see you all again. I apologize for not posting sooner: difficulties arose. Though there is also Kitten Now. All Kneel before Zod-Cat.

Zako, what claim did Scatterbrain make exactly? How was a single vote against a landslide in anyway helpful? Why didn't you investigate USEC? What made you think I was worth investigating; even you said I was probably not scum and you don't take the idea that I could be a Godfather seriously in the least?

In other words, you were convinced I was town before you even decided to investigate me. So why waste the time? Why not someone you were unsure of?

USEC, What say you to Webaddict's accusation of you? If you're town the best thing you could do now is post and tell us what you know and have observed in the game thus far.

Aklyon, you could likely do well to try and get Zako to stop white knighting for you. Come to think of it, Zako has insisted that several people are town, but has only come to breadbocks/akylon's defense. Hmm.

Scatterbrain, you've spoken your mind pretty clearly. I remain suspicious why you've said nothing about me thus far? You and Webaddict had a long back and forth day 2, you did a lot of convincing to move yourself down his scum list. I imagine ottofar flipping town may have moved you up it. Why are you still convinced that Breadbocks/arkylon are scum? How come, given his history with breadbocks, you still insist UCES is still second scum banana?

Unvote

Zako
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27