Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53242 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 2 - No mercy
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2010, 01:06:56 am »

Sorry, uni demanded my time again and I was on a train most of the day.

Welcome to the game Webby! Glad to see Spartan replaced, but being all mysterious isn't really helping. Tell us what you think.

As for who I think is scum, here's what I think right now, in decending order of scummitude:

Eclipsetail, you haven't told us your reasons for any of your actions. You basically said for every explaination, 'Wut he sed.' repeatedly throughout the game. We want your PERSONAL opinion about scum, not someone elses. Talk to us man, don't be afraid to say your thing! Fear is for scum!

I have an odd feeling about scatterbrain right now. Call it a gut feeling, but I want to know what he thinks of breadbocks' statements and the overall town position.

USEC, Broody, Breadbocks and Webadict I don't think are scum right now. USEC gives off town tells to me, Broody looks and sounds towny, Breadbocks is an idiot for voting himself and I have no idea about you Webby.

So, tell me gentlemen:

Webadict, who do YOU think are scum, and why? Don't hide behind your superior thinking. Tell us townies your opinion, it may not be necessarily correct after all.

Scatterbrain, why should I believe you are town? You seem to be fading nicely into the background. Step into the spotlight buddy, show your colors!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2010, 05:40:23 am »

That means everyone's answered but me right?

Well, I'll get my answer up in a bit. It'll take a while and I'll need a computer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

Big enough for ya?

BreadBocks, for reasons of last round.
Lol @ this. If ever I saw a newbie scum, this is it. I was hoping for some more information out of him, but given his... other statements... I'll assume that he doesn't plan to say anything else.

EDIT: Yeeeeah... so, we're going to have to lynch him.

Afternoon, all. Sorry about missing two pages. I went asleep about half an hour before night ended. Only got the chance to catch up now. Seems I missed quite a bit.

Broody, I think the reason shibdib was lynched because they couldn't take the chance that a doctor would protect the important scumhunter, so they killed a town-sider who was of no notice whose vote could hammer a scum.

Zako, see above. The town mistakenly lynched a townie with a lust for my blood, and the scum took advantage of the confusion.

Webadict, welcome to the game!

USEC, going back a page to where you questioned Broody about why he didn't check for eclipse's vote, I think he was aware, which was why he thought he'd regret the vote.

Scatterbrain, I would say webadict could be hesitant to answer because of him getting Spartan's scum roll, but then why would Spartan have left if he'd gotten a scum roll? If I had to take a shot at why he left, it would be because he got townie, so left out of disappointment.

Eclipse, why are you lurking? Major Middle Finger of Suspicion here.

Diablous, so I don't end up half a day late like this again, what is the time cap for nights?
See, I don't really like you either. For this reason:

Ah. Well, As I said earlier, eclipse is seeming scummy, but I could identify with noob syndrome. As for main picks, still need to choose between eclipse and you, webadict for most scummy. Welcome to the game, indeed.
It's the fact you have yet to give any hint as to what you know that seems to me as scummy.
Okay, that's why I'm scummy. Now how about the other?
Eclipetail has been
1)Lurking to an extreme
2)Acting scummy (Opposing extension with out even a meager excuse)
3)Seeing as how Zathras flipped townie, I'm willing to believe him on his advice of scummyness.
See, it's this reasoning that gets you third on my list. You're RIGHT, but you're only half-right, which is how (better) scum tend to operate. You'd have to be bussing your own partner, but you're focusing too much on actual scum to find a fake person to incriminate, so you just throw out the guy who's pressuring you with whatever reason you can possibly make up.

You also assumed that talking about the BBB Gambit was a good idea. It's not, no matter what alignment you are.

Just realized that I misread the post. Breadbock was still going to be lynched at that time. Sorry everybody.

Eclipsetail would be my vote for one of the scum. He's barely posted, lurked, and never seems to even try to explain his actions. I'll bet he'll bandwagon on whoever Webaddict votes for.

Nobody else seems to leap out at me with scumminess at the moment, give me till tomorrow and I'll find something about everyone else.
See, I was really hoping you'd have two suspects. You'd better start finding things about people, because you can't just sit back. You need to participate more in this game. Like, NOW. Because I saw lots of posts Yesterday, and you're not going to just sit there and let posts rain in without making some of them.

Now, who else has yet to answer, besides me?

I'd like to try and make a more concise list, thank you very much. List most scummy to least.

Eclipsetail : for obvious reasons; Lurking, Bandwagoning previous day, Opposing day extension, lack of explanations, generally all around scummy attitude.

breadbocks: same reasons as before. His posts are light, and while not nearly as bad as Eclipsetail's, he seems to leave a lot of room for wiggling. He also tends to vote first and explain later.

Zako: Support the lynch of Zathras and was the one who really drove the point home. I have doubts about his townie-hood. Seems remorseful about the innocent lynch, but having lead it to spare breadbocks, despite insisting that he thought Zathras was scum, I can't help but wonder if he was saving a scum buddy or just a good draw for town's attentions later.

Webaddict: No offense, you're a good player. You're making folks jump through hoops, which could be your veteran way of teaching/hazing/humoring us. If you were scum you'd tear us apart. You've taken over for a player who hadn't posted a single thing- damning or otherwise. I have no reason to really trust you, which is why I have every reason thus far to suspect you. Points, however, for trying to draw people into the game for your parlor scene.

I have some reservations about the rest, but these are the top four suspects- and the top two being who I see as scum team at the moment (or at least highest on the terrorist watch list).
I like you. Very creative answer. Wrong on a lot of points, but still, nice answer. Yeah, eclipsetail is more than likely scum and breadbocks is a good third choice, but why Zako or me and not scatteredbrain?

Problem is, you're not looking at everyone. You're looking at only the people that are talking, which doesn't include scatteredbrain, who is lurking hardcore. It's just a short-sightedness I'd like to make sure you correct. And, just so you know that this is more of an IC comment and not one to deflect away from myself, it's okay to be suspicious of the talking people. It's just not okay to NOT be suspicious of the quiet ones.

EDIT: You're also DEAD WRONG ON THE ZATHRAS LYNCH. See, YOU were the one that lynched Zathras, and pinning the blame on someone else? That's just downright scumtacular of you. See, I didn't notice that until I went searching, but that's exactly what you did. YOU lynched him. Zako threw out evidence on him. Just for that, I had to boost you up on my list, you lying sack of crap.

Just so everyone is aware, here's his post:
I'll likely regret this, but I have to go with my gut:

unvote

Zathras, I sincerely hope I am not wrong about this.
He basically lynched Zathras by himself. I wouldn't mind that if he wasn't a man and stuck by it, but he just lost a whole ton of points in that one line.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, your scumlist looks a little familiar...

For the record, before the day ends, I agree with you on eclipsetail. If I do hang, when I flip town, go after him even above breadbox. He bandwagoned on both of us, and seems happy to see anyone hang. If this is the case, the other one is probably Zako, since went after me safely knowing that breadbox is a townie because he knows who the scum is, and made no attempt whatsoever of going after eclipse.
Oh right, it's the list of that guy who you lynched, with a little twist at the end. Well, almost. The breadbocks thing isn't his, but breadbocks was the person you were voting previously.

Sorry, uni demanded my time again and I was on a train most of the day.

Welcome to the game Webby! Glad to see Spartan replaced, but being all mysterious isn't really helping. Tell us what you think.

As for who I think is scum, here's what I think right now, in decending order of scummitude:

Eclipsetail, you haven't told us your reasons for any of your actions. You basically said for every explaination, 'Wut he sed.' repeatedly throughout the game. We want your PERSONAL opinion about scum, not someone elses. Talk to us man, don't be afraid to say your thing! Fear is for scum!

I have an odd feeling about scatterbrain right now. Call it a gut feeling, but I want to know what he thinks of breadbocks' statements and the overall town position.

USEC, Broody, Breadbocks and Webadict I don't think are scum right now. USEC gives off town tells to me, Broody looks and sounds towny, Breadbocks is an idiot for voting himself and I have no idea about you Webby.

So, tell me gentlemen:

Webadict, who do YOU think are scum, and why? Don't hide behind your superior thinking. Tell us townies your opinion, it may not be necessarily correct after all.

Scatterbrain, why should I believe you are town? You seem to be fading nicely into the background. Step into the spotlight buddy, show your colors!
This guy... This guy.

Nailed on the head. I've been calling scatteredbrain and eclipsetail the entire game. Why Zathras got lynched yesterday... I have no clue! He threw out no scumtells, you let people who weren't contributing lurk, and worst of all you left breadbocks alive.

EDIT: Well, maybe I was wrong. I found a lot more than I was looking for when I went back. Ill need to keep thinking about it.

But, that's not really my problem. That's a problem with you guys.

EDIT: Upon re-reading, USEC actually jumped to the third spot. Breadbocks is scummy in his way, but USEC is scummy in regular ways.

Here's a list of people, from scummy, to least scummy:
eclipsetail - Seriously, what are you doing? You end the day and can't be bothered to post a statement to fix that? Every other post from you just seems to be like the lamest excuse for why you did something. And it's always excuses! Are you too busy, or are you just smashing your face into the keyboard and making sentences? If you're blind, hey, I understand, but you need to take the game seriously and LOOK AT WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING! I could not be anymore angry with you or your playstyle than I am now, especially if you're Town.
Scatterbrain - You... I can't decide, quite honestly. At some points, you actually seem exemplary as town. You make a couple Wall of Texts, which is a good thing, but my problem is that you're lurking and that you've only had one real focus the entire game: eclipsetail. Which would be easy to do if you were scum, as you could put minimal pressure on him while knowing he's scum, and hence making your argument look pretty real, while on the side not having to participate with the actual lynches.
USEC_OFFICER - Everything you post isn't really anything that is helpful. You were doing well on Day 1, but you've gotten a lacklusterful Day 2 start. Heck, I'm no longer sure if I can put you above BroodyMoods with what he did, but I kinda have to, just because of you really don't have anything to contribute. You're just bandwagoning on eclipsetail here, and I pointed out a flaw in your argument which you have yet to respond to, but I'm still open to see more from you.
TheBroodyMoods - See, I'd rather you had gotten breadbocks lynched yesterday, but then I realized that you really only had two options to choose from: Zathras or breadbocks, with an inability to get an Extension out of Zathras or anyone else for that matter. Basically meaning you were really stuck on who to choose, now weren't you? EDIT: Unless, of course, you plan on deflecting that entire lynch on Zathras. That officially boosted you to fourth, up from sixth. I'd put you in third, but I don't have enough evidence on you to make a good case. You also just sort of sheepfollowed Zathras's last will.
breadbocks - See, I couldn't put you AND USEC in the third spot, but I had to put you two somewhere. You... just generally... do stupid things. Things that don't work. I'm going to assume you think you're funny though, as opposed to scum, because you're a newbie and I realize that you would have been hit really, REALLY hard by your scum IC for doing that. So, I just moved you higher than USEC, who seems to love the list-making process.
Zako - You, I have no problem with. At the beginning of the game, you attempted to stop breadbocks from making himself a target, and that lead to your attack on Zathras, who was attacking breadbocks which you were supposing was town. In fact, you've been trying to round up the most activity throughout the thread, that I couldn't possibly let you get lynched unless a Role Cop inspected you and got Godfather or something. It's not buddying: It's a sign that you're either really good Scum, or really good Town.
Webadict - I have only just gotten into the game, and while my previous incarnation was a lurker, I will not be. My goal is to make sure that you guys are talking EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. If you haven't posted anything about anyone as of yet, you will be hounded by me. That means you, Scatterbrain! I don't care if it's to point out flaws, to add to arguments, to justify your vote, or if it's to obtain evidence,
YOU. WILL. TALK!
If you do not talk, I will have to assume the worst about you.

Generally, I hate lists, but this allows me to view multiple people at once, seeing as how, looking back, it's possible I might be wrong.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2010, 09:10:40 am »

so i see that there's some concerns about me out there, namely, from webby and zako; the long and short of it seems to be that i'm being a bit lurky. i've already said that, because i'm in Scotland and (it looks like) the rest of you are in the US, i'm posting at different times to the rest of you - so i can't join in any running conversation as they happen, and i'm pretty much limited to singular posts such as this. thus, it's pretty inevitable that my volume of posts is gonna be below everyone else's. i've tried my best to make them meaty, informative and helpful; that's all i can do, and if it's not enough, well, sod all i can do about it really. please don't make me have to bring this up again - this is already the 3rd time i've had to explain.

webadict, you've been saying, from spectator, that you've had the two mafiosos pinned down for a while now. care to tell us who you suspect (if you weren't just kidding back then :p)? any other thoughts on the game thus far?
Why, that's too easy. I'd rather that you tell me who they are.

so before i get to round to dealing with the rest of your concerns, let me say that ducking a question isn't exactly a confidence-inspiring way to open your game. don't play games buddy, we've already lost two townies. at least it looks like you got down to rounding people up after this, but still.

Scatterbrain - You... I can't decide, quite honestly. At some points, you actually seem exemplary as town. You make a couple Wall of Texts, which is a good thing, but my problem is that you're lurking and that you've only had one real focus the entire game: eclipsetail. Which would be easy to do if you were scum, as you could put minimal pressure on him while knowing he's scum, and hence making your argument look pretty real, while on the side not having to participate with the actual lynches.

wrong on both counts. for lurking, see above; and that i've only been focussing on eclipsetail is totally incorrect. obviously, he's been the guy i've constantly voted for (apart from when i wanted to see breadbocks lynched last round, so i changed to him <and please, go and read up on that properly, as i've already given me reasons for doing so>), but what the group of people that i have been most suspicious of all the time have been the lurkers (breadbocks aside, who is lurking less than he was, yet i remain suspicious of - i'll come back to him later). it feels like i keep pointing out over and over how dangerous they are, and how they keep getting away with slipping into the background while the active people argue over those who actually are active. we'll see how much that changes this round, given how spartan and shibdib, the two main culprits, have now gone, but if there are lurkers out there then they're as dangerous as ever.

also, if you want a specific example of a person i've examined, see my analysis of zathras in the post where i vote breadbocks; and my litle piece thereafter about lurkers.

reading between the lines, your concerns are similar to those of webadict. hopefully i've already answered some of them, but if you have anything specific, do ask. also, try to add some reasons for this gut feeling - because voting on just a gut feeling, as we've seen, hasn't been the most reliable of methods in this game so far. and not giving a reason for doing so is... well, i guess i could put it down to giving me bit of a poke to get me to address some issues (hopefully, it worked!), but that strikes me as more of a day 1 sort of gambit. i'm not saying that it is scummy, but i AM saying that i noticed that it could be scummy.

what do i think of breabocks' statements? in general? well, i said at the beginning of today that i would go back over his posts and try to present the scumtells, lest people should not take him as a serious scumthreat anymore, but it seems that webadict has done that little job for me. hopefully i'll take a look anyway, and see if there was anything that was missed.

the position of town? a few factors come into this, the biggest being the arrival of webadict. if he's town, then we've gained a valuable and experienced townie who knows his stuff and has dedication to the game. if he's scum... we are most likely boned :p which is why i'm being careful of him right now. it looks as if he's doing some good work, but caution needs to be exercised methinks. others, less weighty factors are the facts that two townies are now dead (bad), a the mistake was made to lynch a townie in the first place (even worse), two of the most prolific lurkers are now gone (good!) and that there are still some lurky people out there, namely eclipsetail (also bad). so, on the whole, we're worse off than we were last time, if we don't take into consideration the arrival of webadict (which could be very, very good or horrificly bad, depending).

amma take a break before my next post, which will hopefully be driven a bit more by my own initiative than this one is/was.

<edit for broken quoteboxes and grammar errors and such>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:13:52 am by Scatterbrain »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2010, 09:37:42 am »

so i see that there's some concerns about me out there, namely, from webby and zako; the long and short of it seems to be that i'm being a bit lurky. i've already said that, because i'm in Scotland and (it looks like) the rest of you are in the US, i'm posting at different times to the rest of you - so i can't join in any running conversation as they happen, and i'm pretty much limited to singular posts such as this. thus, it's pretty inevitable that my volume of posts is gonna be below everyone else's. i've tried my best to make them meaty, informative and helpful; that's all i can do, and if it's not enough, well, sod all i can do about it really. please don't make me have to bring this up again - this is already the 3rd time i've had to explain.
Ah, so that's why you have spurts. Understandable, but that is still an excuse.

webadict, you've been saying, from spectator, that you've had the two mafiosos pinned down for a while now. care to tell us who you suspect (if you weren't just kidding back then :p)? any other thoughts on the game thus far?
Why, that's too easy. I'd rather that you tell me who they are.

so before i get to round to dealing with the rest of your concerns, let me say that ducking a question isn't exactly a confidence-inspiring way to open your game. don't play games buddy, we've already lost two townies. at least it looks like you got down to rounding people up after this, but still.
But nothing. I told you that I planned to answer the question when I get to it, and that's after everyone else has posted. It works a lot, too, as I become a target if I don't answer after everyone else, now don't I? So, it's really NOT a way to avoid the question. It's a way to make more posts.

wrong on both counts. for lurking, see above; and that i've only been focussing on eclipsetail is totally incorrect. obviously, he's been the guy i've constantly voted for (apart from when i wanted to see breadbocks lynched last round, so i changed to him <and please, go and read up on that properly, as i've already given me reasons for doing so>), but what the group of people that i have been most suspicious of all the time have been the lurkers (breadbocks aside, who is lurking less than he was, yet i remain suspicious of - i'll come back to him later). it feels like i keep pointing out over and over how dangerous they are, and how they keep getting away with slipping into the background while the active people argue over those who actually are active. we'll see how much that changes this round, given how spartan and shibdib, the two main culprits, have now gone, but if there are lurkers out there then they're as dangerous as ever.
Okay, then why don't you bring them into the game. I managed to get everyone to post; why can't you? If you're going after lurkers, then WHY ARE YOU NOT TRYING TO GET THEM TO NOT LURK? It's makes you look scummy by doing that, as it's an easy target. If you want to help the town, BRING THEM INTO THE GAME! Go and ask them questions. Like,

"HEY USEC! WHY WON'T YOU POST SOME ACTUAL SUSPICIONS?"

Or something. Dude, don't complain and then do nothing about it.

also, if you want a specific example of a person i've examined, see my analysis of zathras in the post where i vote breadbocks; and my litle piece thereafter about lurkers.

reading between the lines, your concerns are similar to those of webadict. hopefully i've already answered some of them, but if you have anything specific, do ask. also, try to add some reasons for this gut feeling - because voting on just a gut feeling, as we've seen, hasn't been the most reliable of methods in this game so far. and not giving a reason for doing so is... well, i guess i could put it down to giving me bit of a poke to get me to address some issues (hopefully, it worked!), but that strikes me as more of a day 1 sort of gambit. i'm not saying that it is scummy, but i AM saying that i noticed that it could be scummy.
Don't you dare. Not voting on your gut has cost so many games it's not even funny. That aside, you're being incredibly passive. The more and more you post, the more scummy you seem. I mean, you're not going after anyone but the bandwagon, you're being passive about people that "could be scum maybe," and you're deflecting.

what do i think of breabocks' statements? in general? well, i said at the beginning of today that i would go back over his posts and try to present the scumtells, lest people should not take him as a serious scumthreat anymore, but it seems that webadict has done that little job for me. hopefully i'll take a look anyway, and see if there was anything that was missed.
I didn't do anyone's job for anything. Do your own investigation, because if you're Town, then you should probably assume I'm lying and find your own information, either to match my own, find your own conclusions, or to support someone else's conclusion in your mind. This game isn't about having other people do things for you. That usually ends up with a scum win.

the position of town? a few factors come into this, the biggest being the arrival of webadict. if he's town, then we've gained a valuable and experienced townie who knows his stuff and has dedication to the game. if he's scum... we are most likely boned :p which is why i'm being careful of him right now. it looks as if he's doing some good work, but caution needs to be exercised methinks. others, less weighty factors are the facts that two townies are now dead (bad), a the mistake was made to lynch a townie in the first place (even worse), two of the most prolific lurkers are now gone (good!) and that there are still some lurky people out there, namely eclipsetail (also bad). so, on the whole, we're worse off than we were last time, if we don't take into consideration the arrival of webadict (which could be very, very good or horrificly bad, depending).

amma take a break before my next post, which will hopefully be driven a bit more by my own initiative than this one is/was.

One, DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS! There's a preview button for a reason. If you hit post on accident, quote the post and fix the errors. Editing is THE WORST!

Two, we're in a FINE SPOT! We're not in lylo today, so the game doesn't depend on this lynch. We've got a LOT of information from yesterday to use, because we know that Zathras and ribdib are Town, and therefore we know that everything they said was an attempt to help the Town.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2010, 09:45:34 am »

Votecount:
eclipsetail - {1} - TheBroodyMoods
Scatterbrain - {1} - Zako
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Zako - {0}
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
webadict - {0}
breadbocks - {1} - eclipsetail

Not voting
Scatterbrain, USEC_OFFICER, webadict, breadbocks

Please tell me if there are any inaccuracies.

Don't! Even if it's just to do that, do not edit your post. Try to have those problems fixed before you submit your post, or just post again with a fixed version of it. I don't really care how you deal with that as long as you do not edit your post after submiting it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:35 am »

I'll vote eclipsetail.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:48 am »

<note; webadict has made a post directed at me since my last one, but i'm going to go ahead and make the post i had planned to make anyway. see next post for stuff relating to that>

here begins the compilation of all of the scumtells that breadbocks has dropped, for purposes already explained, and that are explained again as the post ends.

let us begin, naturally, from the beginning.

To start off the game and generate wtf?'s I contrarily vote breadbocks.

where it all began. for now, forget the stories about the 'gambit', and take this by itsself. what motives could he have for doing this? it boils down to two options; 1) innocent stupidity and noobishness, or 2) scum kicking off the game with a goblet of wine that may or may not be situated at the front of my person. at this point - given how it is a newbie game - both are believable. this is without factoring in his 'gambit'.

now, when he's asked to explain his actions...

Also, breadbocks, in what way does voting for yourself seem like a good idea? You seem to be asking for a Lynch, as opposed to scum hunting. :/
It doesn't. First post, used to generate conversation. No point in making a truly random vote, and I'm interested on how people react to my arbitrary vote. With the mild understanding of thought process I have, I could in theory get a lead on scum. That could be my strategy, or I could be covering the possible scum position I may or may not have by voting for myself leading people to think I'm a Joker type position, or I could be a bored town role/townie. Take that as you will, I'm in this to win, be I a town-sider, a Scum-sider, or a third party.

more noobishness? or more delicious wine? perhaps both? seeing how that's twice now that we have seen some WIFOM, i'm inclined toward the less innocent option, given how scummy WIFOM is at the best of times.

There are no jokers in this game.  There are also no third parties in this game.

Just... FYI.

Damn it. Really? I was looking forward to have an excuse to try the [ur=http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=BBB's_Gambitl]BBB gambit[/url]. Would be interesting to see the town deliberate whether s/he was who they said they were (Scum) and should be lynched, or if they were a Joker.

now, why would any townie in there right mind want to confuse the town? especially one who says - and i quote - "I'm in this to win"? if you're in it to win, then why do you want to lead town on what may or may not be a wild goose chase?! now this ISN'T noobish moronity, because he is actually contradicting himsself here. so that's option 1 pretty much eliminated already. he's a noob, but at this point, it's looking like he's a scum-noob, one that has slipped up big-time

Perhaps you could look at the title of the thread. I'd try it, because I mean, well, take a look:
In recorded history, this has only been performed once, by buhbuhbam13. The most interesting part of this case is that upon performing the Gambit, BBB did not intend to win the game. He, however, did. Here is a small excerpt from that game:
No one would suspect it, and it worked, right?

why would whether you were being suspected or not be of any concern if you were town? at best, this is just more WIFOM. bad, bad, bad.

Who knows what would happen. Then it would be advisable to use as a Joker. Also, it would be hard to rate based on one useage. Either way, I'm in this for the lulz. No way I want to play this straight scumhunting.

now whatever could have possibly happened to being in it to win it; which, if you were, you would be scumhunting, and not generally being a moronic mafioso? see how the scum tries to squirm out of hole he has dug himsself, yet only worms his way further down.

followed very shortly after by...

unvote breadbocks

So, TheBroodyMoods, who holds your suspicion?
I do believe he was clear about how he thought it was me. I can't believe you would be quite so unobservant, Spartan 117.

looky here. mr in-it-to-win-it is making a vote on someone, at this very early stage in the game, without even trying to dig more dirt on the person. why not ask some questions, anything that even resembles scumhunting? it's far, far better than nothing at all. even without all the other stuff, this would be highly suspicious by itsself.

Ah well. I had fun. I suppose saying I'm a townie won't help. C'est La Vie as they say in Frenchland.
I submit to lynching. I had fun screwing around with my, and other, minds.

you'd think that, no matter how new a guy is to the game, he wouldn't resign himsself to his fate so quickly and easily if he knew that, in the end, he would flip town. or, if you like your wine in front of you, that's what he wants us to think. either way, hugely, hugely scummy.

Again, I wanted an excuse to try it, not that I have one. I see being scum as being an excuse.
Day end.

more wine? oh, no thanks, i've already had more than enough. otherwise... this is just cringeworthy.

Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

i thought you'd given up? well, it appears not, and you go and hop on the bandwagon. without doing any of your own digging. again.
i'm surprised that i need to be pointing this out to people at all, really. (which is why i didn't, till he somehow survived day 1).

Secondly:
Breadbocks: In your opinion who is the scummiest player?
Unvote Well, after current events, I'm going to point my finger at Zathrus.

I suppose I deserve that for just asking and not being more clear; Why is he the scummiest Player? What makes him more scummy than you, who is very nearly on the verge of being lynched?

Please elaborate.

First, he strikes me as rather suspicious. But since that isn't worth anything, he seems rather intent on seeing my blood, and rather than be reasonable and listen to the arguments saying I'm not scum, which are correct, although I resent the term "idiot", he brushes them aside as if there was no sense in them.
:-\

Fourth:
Because my point stands. The worst case is that we don't lynch breadbox, the BBB gambit works, and someone tries it again. If he eventually (after today) does flip scum, it's even worse. My vote for breadbocks and my request to shorten the day stand.

What strikes me most about your posts is that you seem more blood thirsty than anything. I think its rather obvious he'll be lynched, but you seem to feel uncomfortable with the fact that people are starting to question lynching him at all, even if it is just to explore posts previously made.

I still feel very suspicious of him, but I don't think lynching him and ending the day helps anything except scum getting their night kill. We're not going to magically forget about him if we start to look at other possibilities.
THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it. Never in there did I say I was scum. I understand how it could have gotten mixed up, but I'd've thought someone would have gotten the meaning I gave it. :(
To lazy to pick apart the rest on the post, but there was a mention about how I ought to help scumhunt. Thing is, as has been mentioned earlier, this is my first game, so no clue what constitutes scummy, as opposed to normal or lurkey.

Also, good to know you at least had an excuse for being MIA.

wow. ok, let's break this down a bit.

First, he strikes me as rather suspicious. But since that isn't worth anything, he seems rather intent on seeing my blood, and rather than be reasonable and listen to the arguments saying I'm not scum, which are correct, although I resent the term "idiot", he brushes them aside as if there was no sense in them.
:-\

firstly, i think it's fair to say that wanting to see your blood is totally reasonable by this point. secondly... what arguments saying that you're not scum?! you basically rolled over and died after making some weaksauce attempts at sticking up for yourself! and what arguments you did give just made things far, far worse! he was being reasonable - the person not being reasonable here is you, for not seeing that your arguments hold about as much water as a sieve.

THERE NEVER WAS A GAMBIT. I'm not sure where this emerged. I mentioned it, while saying I really wanted to try it. Then there was a discussion on its merits, which I will concede I was wrong in, and I said I wanted an excuse to try it, and I viewed scum as having an excuse to try it. Never in there did I say I was scum. I understand how it could have gotten mixed up, but I'd've thought someone would have gotten the meaning I gave it. :(
To lazy to pick apart the rest on the post, but there was a mention about how I ought to help scumhunt. Thing is, as has been mentioned earlier, this is my first game, so no clue what constitutes scummy, as opposed to normal or lurkey.

what do you mean, there wasn't a gambit? you voted for yourself. that, as you yourself proved with the link you provided, was a gambit. and of course you wouldn't say you were scum; that is totally a given, no matter how completely new you are to mafia. and it was so saturated with wine that, really, discerning any meaning from it - other than that you're a scumbag - is pretty undoable. and being 'too lazy' to scumhunt is... ugh, do i even have to go through this? can i move on please? thank you.

...actually, i will move on from this, because i feel that i have sufficient proved my point. webadict has even more to say on the matter; i've looked at it, and he makes a good point. the purpose of this post - to make explicit how humongously scummy breadbocks is; to show how he went past the point of no return a long, long time ago; to make sure that we don't just let him come back from the brink. i can only hope that i have done my job.

and, finally, vote eclipsetail, and if i have to go over the reasons why i'm voting this guy and not breadbocks again, then i will probably scream.

(addendum: ok, so it's inevitable that i will be asked, so, put concisely, here's why. yes, i have a mountain of dirt on breadbocks - but i have a very small molehill of pure shit on eclipsetail. and that, i think, is much, much more dangerous.)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2010, 11:18:30 am »

Okay, then why don't you bring them into the game. I managed to get everyone to post; why can't you? If you're going after lurkers, then WHY ARE YOU NOT TRYING TO GET THEM TO NOT LURK? It's makes you look scummy by doing that, as it's an easy target. If you want to help the town, BRING THEM INTO THE GAME! Go and ask them questions. Like,

"HEY USEC! WHY WON'T YOU POST SOME ACTUAL SUSPICIONS?"

Or something. Dude, don't complain and then do nothing about it.

huh? i've called out lurkers several times now - like pestering shibdib for most of day 1, or prodding USEC when he got a bit quieter than normal, or basically saying that i would do my best to get spartan lynched by the end of today if he didn't appear. and there are other ways to make 'em sweat without directing questions at them; like calling them tantamount to scum. which i have - absolutely loads.

Don't you dare. Not voting on your gut has cost so many games it's not even funny. That aside, you're being incredibly passive. The more and more you post, the more scummy you seem. I mean, you're not going after anyone but the bandwagon, you're being passive about people that "could be scum maybe," and you're deflecting.

firstly; i don't have that much experience of other mafia games, so i don't know how much going on your gut does or does not work - what little evidence (broody's switching of votes) suggests it doesn't. it didn't seem like such a bad conclusion to come to. secondly; passive? going only for the bandwagon? deflecting? not sure where exactly you're getting 'passive' from, other than the effect of being on at different times (not gonna go into that AGAIN, rargh); going only for the bandwagon i very much disagree with, for practically the whole of day one i was voting for a guy that wasn't a bandwagon; and deflecting... i'm not sure in what manner you mean this, could you please clarify?

I didn't do anyone's job for anything. Do your own investigation, because if you're Town, then you should probably assume I'm lying and find your own information, either to match my own, find your own conclusions, or to support someone else's conclusion in your mind. This game isn't about having other people do things for you. That usually ends up with a scum win.

of course i didn't refer to your stuff without checking it first. chill, man!

One, DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS! There's a preview button for a reason. If you hit post on accident, quote the post and fix the errors. Editing is THE WORST!

Two, we're in a FINE SPOT! We're not in lylo today, so the game doesn't depend on this lynch. We've got a LOT of information from yesterday to use, because we know that Zathras and ribdib are Town, and therefore we know that everything they said was an attempt to help the Town.

apologies for editing post, won't happen again :( and the opinion button has been very helfpul, cheers

and that is a very aggressive disagreement on an opinion which, i think you'll find, i've reasoned out rather well. not saying that the point you're raising is unreasonable, but rather than simply point it out you pretty much just went into attack mode. why the overreaction?

on the whole, sounds like you're putting me in a bad light without giving my posts all that much consideration; if it's scumhunting, then it's uninformed, poor scumhunting. i would've expected something more... professional, i guess, from a player of your experience, when (if?) playing town. you're making yourself pretty suspicious man.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2010, 11:19:19 am »

well, i've been reading/typing for an hour and a half now, and have a bit of a sore head. don't be surprised if you don't hear much more out of me tonight :(

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:59 pm »

My one dead post...

funny how the one game I play in where I dont have some 16 year old super detective accusing me of being scum because I spelt his name wrong (replace with any stupid reason) I get night killed the first day...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2010, 01:01:11 pm »

<note; webadict has made a post directed at me since my last one, but i'm going to go ahead and make the post i had planned to make anyway. see next post for stuff relating to that>

here begins the compilation of all of the scumtells that breadbocks has dropped, for purposes already explained, and that are explained again as the post ends.

let us begin, naturally, from the beginning.
I saw this post, was about to reply to it, and then I realized, "Why the heck do I care?"

Then I deleted it.

huh? i've called out lurkers several times now - like pestering shibdib for most of day 1, or prodding USEC when he got a bit quieter than normal, or basically saying that i would do my best to get spartan lynched by the end of today if he didn't appear. and there are other ways to make 'em sweat without directing questions at them; like calling them tantamount to scum. which i have - absolutely loads.
Okay, but saying you'll lynch them if they don't show up... makes it so you look like you're going after easy targets. Like the lurkers you're going after. If they're not here to respond to that, then you lynch them. If you lynch them and they're town, you look like a failure. The only possible win here is if you somehow manage to lynch a lurker scum. Very seldom does that occur, and that just due to pure odds. You're better off daykilling someone random on the first Day.

firstly; i don't have that much experience of other mafia games, so i don't know how much going on your gut does or does not work - what little evidence (broody's switching of votes) suggests it doesn't. it didn't seem like such a bad conclusion to come to. secondly; passive? going only for the bandwagon? deflecting? not sure where exactly you're getting 'passive' from, other than the effect of being on at different times (not gonna go into that AGAIN, rargh); going only for the bandwagon i very much disagree with, for practically the whole of day one i was voting for a guy that wasn't a bandwagon; and deflecting... i'm not sure in what manner you mean this, could you please clarify?
Okay, then I'm going to lay it straight: Broody had TWO CHOICES. Literally. Lynch Town or lynch Town. Personally, he took the worse of the two choices and killed the main contributor. That's totally different, because that was a lose-lose choice. That's like playing Three-Card Monte. Your gut can't be right when none of the choices are.

Passive: You're being passive by saying that something "might" be scummy, instead of wholeheartedly feeling it. Scum KNOW that everyone else isn't scum, so they can't FEEL someone is scum. They can get pretty darn close, but they definitely won't feel it.

Bandwagoning: Eclipsetail counts as a bandwagon, because from there on out, he was being scum and EVERYONE AGREED! So, voting for him is safe no matter what.

Deflecting: Instead of answering the problems, you're trying to say that the reason for voting for you would be invalid. That doesn't solve the main problem that they HAVE A GUT FEELING ON YOU TO BEGIN WITH! Maybe ask why they have that gut feeling. It'll boil down to something you said.

and that is a very aggressive disagreement on an opinion which, i think you'll find, i've reasoned out rather well. not saying that the point you're raising is unreasonable, but rather than simply point it out you pretty much just went into attack mode. why the overreaction?

on the whole, sounds like you're putting me in a bad light without giving my posts all that much consideration; if it's scumhunting, then it's uninformed, poor scumhunting. i would've expected something more... professional, i guess, from a player of your experience, when (if?) playing town. you're making yourself pretty suspicious man.
It wasn't an overreaction so much as to make sure everyone didn't freak out and make rash decisions. However, the longer we stall, the longer we can second-guess ourselves, the longer the scum can leave in little WIFOMs. Like that little snippet questioning my towniness.

Maybe you think it's poor, but you've also got to see that today is important, and that I would rather drag out as much information from you and everyone else as I can than die next Night without accomplishing anything. Heck, even if I'm lynched, this is better than trying to live. Think of me as suspicious, that's part of the game, but if you're going to say someone's scum, you've got to really believe it, or you won't have any attack at all. Like building a giant WoT you built on breadbocks. That's GOOD! The bad part was when the twist ending turned out to be that it was a build-up to vote someone else entirely. At least vote for the person you're building evidence for, or put it into a different post.

My one dead post...

funny how the one game I play in where I dont have some 16 year old super detective accusing me of being scum because I spelt his name wrong (replace with any stupid reason) I get night killed the first day...
... So... does this occur frequently? Have you tried spelling his name correctly?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »

Nice dissection of breadbocks. Worthy of mad science. I'm still don't think your town, but you have raised yourself in my opinion.

Breadbocks, what do you think about all the dirt that scatter just dug up on you? How do you defend yourself from that?

Eclipsetail, why aren't you saying something?! SAY SOMETHING! PROVE THAT YOU LIVE!!!

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2010, 01:54:27 pm »

huge amounts of leftover spaghetti bolognaise is refreshing :3

Okay, but saying you'll lynch them if they don't show up... makes it so you look like you're going after easy targets. Like the lurkers you're going after. If they're not here to respond to that, then you lynch them. If you lynch them and they're town, you look like a failure. The only possible win here is if you somehow manage to lynch a lurker scum. Very seldom does that occur, and that just due to pure odds. You're better off daykilling someone random on the first Day.

so you're saying that lurkers, when lynched, turn out to very rarely to be scum? if that were true, then scum wouldn't lurk. which, laregely, they do - so i dispute this.

the reason i'm hounding lurkers is that A) they're hugely dangerous to town; whether active of not, they're a liability, and B), while most people in day one were (rightly so) having a bit of a go at other people, it was mostly being focussed on the people who were already active. i was (still am) being careful not to lose sight of the big picture, when i believe the real danger comes from lurkers.

(replies for this bit in green)

Okay, then I'm going to lay it straight: Broody had TWO CHOICES. Literally. Lynch Town or lynch Town. Personally, he took the worse of the two choices and killed the main contributor. That's totally different, because that was a lose-lose choice. That's like playing Three-Card Monte. Your gut can't be right when none of the choices are.

so you're impying that breadbocks is town. as you can probably see from my above post, i find it hard to believe that anyone could arrive at this conclusion; wasn't there anything in there that, at least, made you think twice?

Passive: You're being passive by saying that something "might" be scummy, instead of wholeheartedly feeling it. Scum KNOW that everyone else isn't scum, so they can't FEEL someone is scum. They can get pretty darn close, but they definitely won't feel it.

i think i've made it abundantly clear, for all of the time in the game that i've actually been able to form an opinion on such matters, that breadbocks and eclipsetail were my number one scumchoices, followed closely by spartan and shibdib for their lurkiness. so anything else - the only instance that immediately comes to mind is with zathras - is basically just me reasoning out what is/is not scummy about that person. i don't think i've ever cried 'scum' on anyone but the aforemention suspects; but i have been keeping tabs on them, and letting them know about it whilst seeing if anything more can be dug from them in the process. the more you know...

Bandwagoning: Eclipsetail counts as a bandwagon, because from there on out, he was being scum and EVERYONE AGREED! So, voting for him is safe no matter what.

1) well yeah, everyone agrees that eclipsetail is scum. but he has made it pretty obvious, hasn't he? and 2) i made my own, independent post explaining why, on day 1, my initial vote went to eclipsetail. the vote was made without regard to where anyone else was voting. my closing vote of the day was made WITH regard to where everyone else was voting - but only because i had every reason to suspect that one guy was scum, very little reason to suspect the other guy (something else i dissected on my own initiative) and EVERY reason for trying to avoid a nolynch.

Deflecting: Instead of answering the problems, you're trying to say that the reason for voting for you would be invalid. That doesn't solve the main problem that they HAVE A GUT FEELING ON YOU TO BEGIN WITH! Maybe ask why they have that gut feeling. It'll boil down to something you said.

gee. i thought it was pretty safe to say that my answers had been pretty comprehensive and, as far as my rambling style of writing allows, to the point. and i already did ask zako to explain more about his gut feeling. speaking of which; zako, reminding you to explain about your gut feeling some more dude.

It wasn't an overreaction so much as to make sure everyone didn't freak out and make rash decisions. However, the longer we stall, the longer we can second-guess ourselves, the longer the scum can leave in little WIFOMs. Like that little snippet questioning my towniness.

Maybe you think it's poor, but you've also got to see that today is important, and that I would rather drag out as much information from you and everyone else as I can than die next Night without accomplishing anything. Heck, even if I'm lynched, this is better than trying to live. Think of me as suspicious, that's part of the game, but if you're going to say someone's scum, you've got to really believe it, or you won't have any attack at all. Like building a giant WoT you built on breadbocks. That's GOOD! The bad part was when the twist ending turned out to be that it was a build-up to vote someone else entirely. At least vote for the person you're building evidence for, or put it into a different post.

but there ARE people who i believe are scum; you're just not seeing me saying so, and saying why i think so. all of that seems to have escaped your notice. i'll agree that, for so far in day 2, my calling out of eclipsetail has actually been implied, and not made actual and explicit - but i've had to attend to other matters first, and the implication, i felt, was more than strong enough to provoke a reaction anyway. as for evidence for him - for all of the evidence that there is on eclipsetail in the first place, i might as well just copy and paste my post about him from day one; with his, what, one extra post added in.

to conclude: i'm not really sure about you webadict. this looks like scumhunting, and i'll buy that sometimes you need to be scrappy just for the sake of having a go... but that's all i really have to go on for now. that, and some 'hey guys post some more' posts over the last few pages. it's alright, but nothing really substantial, and nothing that makes me feel safe about you yet.

...you see? i'm now saying you're really really definately scum. but then, why should i, when for the time being i don't think you are? and why would you imply that thinking that is a bad thing?

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2010, 01:55:18 pm »

ugh, forgot to preview post... what the hell, figure it out yourselves :p
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27