Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53328 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 2 - No mercy
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2010, 10:35:02 pm »

Of course I'm regretting lynching him, he's town and not scum. He honestly looked like scum to me, doing lots of scummy things, it really threw me when he flipped town. I never stood by Bread, I just didn't want a bad town lynched to waste a vote.

I'm not really sure about Eclipsetail either. He did do something extremely scummy opposing that quick at the end, but something smells off about that somehow.

Right now, I want to hear what Spartan has to say about this. He's been absent more than eclipsetail and did nothing about the extension voting. What do you think about this Spartan? Why didn't you do ANYTHING when the vote came? Explain why you have been lurking. NOW.

Scatterbrain, what do you think about USEC or Broody? Tell me your thoughts.

Breadbocks, you have a lot to answer to. Speak your mind. What is your take on the current events.

Town IC, what do you think we should do right now? We need advice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:20 pm »

Town IC, what do you think we should do right now? We need advice.

Yooooooooooooooooo.

I suggest making a list of the players on hand and then going through the thread, taking notes on their interactions.  Then make a case (with quotations) on whoever looks scummiest, second scummiest, whatever.

Be sure to also mark down who looks like town!  That's crucial.  Your job is to sift through the available information, doing what you can to narrow down suspects.  Look at speech patterns and panicky behavior, and also try to find the folks who are just sitting back and letting good people be lynched.  They're not necessarily scum, but you do need to kick them into action.

In a nutshell: scumhunt.

Does that help, or do you need some more specific advice?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2010, 04:17:59 am »

answer are in green

Scatterbrain, who do you like as scum? Do you suspect Breadbocks still?

absolutely. can't believe he wasn't lynched; i had been assuming that his scumminess was so plain to see that i needn't elaborate on it, but i might need to go and build a case agianst him at some point, because we can't let this guy get away just because he squeezed through night one.

Big Questions:

Breadbocks scum, or poor town?

see above

Spartan Lurking or just not showing up?

either way, i'm calling him out. i want him lynched or replace by the end of the day.

Is Eclipsetail going to bother trying to explain himself?

even if he does, his explanations so far have been, quite frankly, pathetic. i wouldn't wait up on it.

Scatterbrain, what do you think about USEC or Broody? Tell me your thoughts.

i'll go you one better and replace that 'or' with an 'and' :p

thus far broody seems to have been a fairly safe bet for town - but i still don't really follow why he switched his vote from breadbocks to zathras, especially seeing as how crucial such a decision was; he would need a damn good reason for doing so. (while i'm here, broody, could you go over your reasoning for the switch again? i'm stupid and still not undesrtanding your reasoning). it's something that needs cross examining, given how significant it was.

as for USEC, i'm not overly concerned about the guy. i mean, he doesn't post as much as he should, which isn't exaclty admirable, but then again, he never has in any of his mafia games. if anything, he's posting slightly more than usual, and he has yet to rouse my suspicions. i'm happy enough to let him slide for the time being.

...which brings me to my next point. breadbocks and eclipsetail have done nothing but condemn themselves more in my eyes. but right now, spartan's constant lurking is making him public enemy number one. i'm not standing by and watch him slip into the background. i'm calling you out spartan, and you'd better have some mindblowingly good answers if you're not swinging by the end of today.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2010, 06:05:19 am »

addendum: i guess, more accurately, that breadbocks squeezed through day 1. and to answer broody's first question more explicitly: FoS is on breadbocks and eclipsetail, but for now i'm wanting Spartan to be held to some sort of account.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 06:17:33 am »

Sounds like someone needs a replacement...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 06:25:57 am »

Here. This is where I regret the spoilspec.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 02:57:12 pm »

maybe it's just me... but this has slowed down even more than it usually does when i'm on. so let's try this.

USEC: what do you think town needs to be doing today if it isn't to lose another innocent? what willl you be doing to help the cause?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »

USEC After yesterday's Lynch and last night's NK, how do you feel about the tells people dropped? You still suspect Zako- what are your feelings on the folks that voted Zathras? Including me. Did scum bandwagon him or do you think Scum split the difference? You and Shibdip both had the same vote, do you think you two hit a vein, or did you NK him to avoid the spot light?

Big Questions:

Breadbocks scum, or poor town?

Spartan Lurking or just not showing up?

Is Eclipsetail going to bother trying to explain himself?

Currently, I'm rereading the thread to look at the scumtells again. I doubt I'm going to understand them more today. As you have said, Shibdib was a lurker, barely posted or gave his opinions. Killing him doesn't seem like it would reveal much to me currently. That's why I'm rereading the thread.

Wait, what makes you think I still suspect Zako?

As for the folks who voted on Zathras: I could see the mafia trying to manipulate the lynch onto him. He's a better player than Breakbocks, and it would be safe to assume that he was more dangerous to the town. But then again he was agressive and stuck to his opinions, which is something I find a lot of people think is scummy in mafia.

Individually, it looks a bit different. Ecilpse looks highly scummy, opposing the extention and lurking a lot (Four pages!) after he voted for Zathras, but I wonder how you, BroodyMoods, could have possibly have missed the fact the ecilpse was still voting for Zathras. I would have expected more out of you. I still have to think a bit more about Zako. And of course, the best way for Breadbocks to survive would be to vote for Zathras, who many people believe(d) is the second scummiest person.

(I have no idea what spilt the difference could mean in this context.)

I don't think me and Shibdib had hit a vein. If we did, I think my larger amount of posts would make me a better target, but I'm just guessing here. I'm guessing the scum lynched Shibdib in order to prevent him from saying anything.

I'm surprised that you would say that I NK him to avoid the spot light. When in the last few days was the spotlight ever on me? (I have nothing against it being on me, ask away)

Big questions:

Breadbocks is an idiot. Whether its idiot scum or idiot town, I can see it both ways.

Spartan is not showing up. His account hasn't been active for the last three days. We need to replace him.

Eclipsetail really needs to start defending himself more. The worst thing he can do now would be to hide in the shadows. But judging from what he did on day 1, that's not going to happen.

USEC: what do you think town needs to be doing today if it isn't to lose another innocent? what willl you be doing to help the cause?

That's the best questions you can come up with?

We'll probably lose another town today. We have slightly more than a 25% chance to lynch scum. Not good odds. (especially with the scum trying to influence the votes.) I'll help the only way I can help, by trying to scumhunt and look for scumtells. Not much else I can do.

Question time: (Not the best, but the best I can do.)

Eclipsetail, what made you oppose extention without posting a reason? And why did you not post for two whole days before that?

BroodyMoods, why didn't you doublecheck what Eclipsetail's vote was?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:42 pm »

thus far broody seems to have been a fairly safe bet for town - but i still don't really follow why he switched his vote from breadbocks to zathras, especially seeing as how crucial such a decision was; he would need a damn good reason for doing so. (while i'm here, broody, could you go over your reasoning for the switch again? i'm stupid and still not undesrtanding your reasoning). it's something that needs cross examining, given how significant it was.

The reason I ultimately switched my vote was a gut feeling (shows me right). As I said previously I thought there was some sort of common thread between Eclipsetail and Zathras, both of them opposing the day extension and all. The way Eclipsetail was acting was just making me very nervous. I didn't know if he was voting his scum buddy so if he flipped it would look good for him or what. Whatever the case in retrospect my reasoning doesn't seem nearly as sound. I was hoping to elicit a response out of him. My initial thought was to switch my vote to spartan and make a three way tie- I figured that would force people (scum) to make their move by highlighting three potential candidates (of whom all were suspicious in some aspect or another).

However, I switched my vote and I couldn't make an adequate reason to switch it again with the lynch so close- even though Zathras' last posts made me want to switch. My bad. I just ground my teeth and bore it. But in all fairness I would suspect me as well, given your position.

I would like to also point this out, however: Spartan has not been on the forum since the 23rd; he's not lurking, he's just not showing up. You can't threaten someone who has no idea they're being threatened. Eclipsetail, however, has been on just not contributing to the town and generally being very scummy. Single line answers, jumping on board one vote or another when ever it suits his needs. As I post this he is online. Incidentally, this means if Spartan was scum he hasn't been contributing to scum decisions and we have lone scum (unless the scum chat is totally unrelated to this forum and he can check posts without showing up as having come on). I remain confident that Eclipsetail is our best lead and we lean on him for all he's worth- at least before moving on to other suspects.

Could the Mod Prod Spartan 117, please? And all the folks who have yet to post in the second day thus far?

So, for the time being, I think we should try and concentrate our votes on active scummy players. And for the Love of GOD town, there are still seven people playing and only 3 out of the seven remaining have posted: Make our lives easier and if your town post! Christ!

Zako: I think our major mistake was misreading his zealousness. He was pursuing a sure thing, at least in his mind; anyone of us would have been just as "bloodthristy" as he was. :/

I already miss his contributions.

tl;dr

Voting for Spartan is like voting for a block of wood; dumb. Vote for players that are actual have shown up in the past week.

((I hope this also answers your questions USEC))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:31 pm »

SNIP.

Spartan has aready been proded. And I assume he'll be replaced soon.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2010, 03:38:20 pm »

Cool beans. For the time being I am going to be away from the computer. Any questions you guys have just post them and I 'll get to them later tonight (maybe), or tomorrow.

I would like a prod of Spartan, Eclipse and breadbocks and USEC. just to make sure they still know they're playing. And if Spartan doesn't show up tomorrow at some point, replace him with Webaddict or ... some one preferably more in the "Beginner" bracket. >=(

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2010, 03:39:45 pm »

I'm taking over for Spartan, 'less there be some sort of reason why I shan't.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2010, 03:40:47 pm »

I'm taking over for Spartan, 'less there be some sort of reason why I shan't.

I'm racist, against penguins; but cool. At least you'll post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2010, 03:41:44 pm »

At least you'll post.
Understatement of the minute.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:00 pm »

Yeah, Spartan hasn't been on since the 23rd. I'm letting web take his place.

I would like a prod of Spartan, Eclipse and breadbocks.

Will do.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27